• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need Logo for DarkSend and DarkGravityWave

Good point on the italics. The backwards arrow is a problem to remove since it's in the D logo itself.
The main problem with that one is the little flag sticking off of the top breaking the "square" of the graphic.
Here's another version of it.

ds_nl05_5-gif.70
Perfect. :D

Yeah the little flag thing was what I meant, sorry. Forwards > backwards to my simple mind!

Always design so things appear to be moving forward - which is to say left -> right - unless you have some specific reason not to. Sounds stupid, but it is a legit subconscious thing.

And here's my awesome idea for DGW that turned out stupid...
(I'm so mad!)
dgw_nl_08-gif.66
Set the wave behind the DG, change the DG to the blue color, shrink the DG (or better, lower the weight if you can), stretch out the wave horizontally. See what happens. I don't have a vector editor at work or I'd rip off your idea.

Always design so things appear to be moving forward - which is to say left -> right - unless you have some specific reason not to. Sounds stupid, but it is a legit subconscious thing.

Yes, I know that one. Always forward and upward!
But the chosen D logo breaks that 'rule', so if that's the logo, which it is now, it's always going to be pointing backward.

Enzwell:
Grabbed inkscape real quick and did a lame sketch of what I had in mind. I understand the angles that you were going for in the original image (actually a cool idea in concept) , but if they match the same way here it doesn't work. In this case I think rounding the wave looks a bit better, but I'm no graphic designer. Also used the alt logo colors for continuity (or as close as I could get them having no fucking clue how to use inkscape).

szK8sfj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Set the wave behind the DG, change the DG to the blue color, shrink the DG (or better, lower the weight if you can), stretch out the wave horizontally. See what happens. I don't have a vector editor at work or I'd rip off your idea.

Ah. Not bad. The wave under the DG is definitely an idea to mess with, thx. Solves the face problem.
Then again, it creates the overlap problem... can't really work as b&w/2-color.
Here's a quickie..
dgw_nl_09b-gif.71

As far as colors. Not sure that DarkSend or DGW necessarily need to use the DC colors.

Attachments

• DGW_NL_09b.gif
    DGW_NL_09b.gif
    9 KB · Views: 241
Ah. Not bad. The wave under the DG is definitely an idea to mess with, thx. Solves the face problem.
Then again, it creates the overlap problem... can't really work as b&w/2-color.
Here's a quickie..
dgw_nl_09b-gif.71

As far as colors. Not sure that DarkSend or DGW necessarily need to use the DC colors.
That's funny I was just about to upload:
wME7E4b.jpg

Didn't think about 2 color. I'm sure there's a way to make the interplay between the letters and wave work well (maybe not this one), but like you said it needs to be played around with.

(Hmm, can't post a YouTube vid media-URL.) - ..."Darkman" movie trailer on YouTube:
/watch?v=L58rdhCfDIU

But you can!
Code:
[media=youtube]"PUT YOUTUBE VIDEO LETTERS HERE[/media]
SO TO EMBED == [media=youtube]L58rdhCfDIU[/media]

EDIT: Google Chrome complains about loading an unsafe script when an item is embedded. I'll look into it.

Double EDIT: Have to configure .htaccess file for embeded content since the forums automatically reroute to HTTPS. If you see it's working then its fixed. If not, well....

Triple EDIT: Youtube videos now work. They are routed into this site across HTTPS.

Okay, think I'm done with this one.
My submission for DGW. - Maybe a little complicated still, and won't work in a 16x16 icon, but Fukitol, I like it! :)
dgw_nl_09f-gif.75

Attachments

• DGW_NL_09f.gif
    DGW_NL_09f.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 239
Yes. Logos are supposed to be simple, not intricate works of art. Big companies pay big money for simple logos.

In the vain of steering away from the association with "illicit" activities, "Dark Send" would be much more marketable as "Private Send", "P. Send", "Safe Send", etc. IMHO. Anything that puts an emphasis on security instead of obscurity.

Perhaps this has already been discussed and decided on and I'm just late to the forum.

Thoughts?

I like the Darkcoin+Darksend theme. Got a nice ring to it.
Written in the same font as Darkcoin, they make more sense.

Back