Need Logo for DarkSend and DarkGravityWave

InternetApe

I am root, bow before me!
Mar 10, 2014
Arizona
darkcoin.io
The logo doesn't need to look like a coin at all.

DarkSend is the Beta anon part of the wallet.

DarkGravityWave is the replacement for KGW to adjust the Diff based on Network has rate.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
oh my gosh, have you been to the Darkcoin logo thread? Design by committee? AAAAAhHHHHHHH LOL

Good ideas, but all get pulled apart! And you want to start another such thread? Are you MAD? :mad: :eek: o_O

Reactions: Red-Shinobi

patrolman

Mar 9, 2014
www.dash.pics
Here are a few that I did that are similar to some of my posts for the Darkcoin logo:

edit: one of the logos was the wrong link

Last edited by a moderator:

zXm

Mar 22, 2014
In what capacity would the DarkSend logo be used? For example, if this were the design of the eventual darksend button on the wallet, I think it'd be about perfect (especially if the main logo also used a lock.... even better if the locks were the same design).

godzirra

Mar 28, 2014
This is from the logo thread. And it is not mine. It's originally from Schwede65. I just think it's the best one I've seen so far of DarkSend. I added the red because sending something seems like it should be highlighted with red. And this is just the thought from my smartphone. Once again this is from Schwede65.

Attachments

aaxx1503

Feb 28, 2014
The QBC developer made this for his PRE-ANN thread. Plus he gave Evan all the credit he could possibly give for using DGW and X11, which is nice.

Enzwell

Mar 13, 2014
California
Here's one. Too complicated I think, but I like something about it too.
This led me to something else that isn't done yet. Maybe another one in a day or two...

Attachments

Kai

Apr 6, 2014
Here's another rev...
I like it, but I think there is too much going on there, I see the "D" but it may not be as clear at first for someone else. That's why I prefer @raze 's logo, the brand is more recognizable.

yidakee

Foundation Member
Apr 16, 2014
I am no designer, or I would submit my own ramblings is design form. So a measly 0.02 DRK if you'd permit.

Darkcoin/Darksend, as a name is beautiful. BUT... associated with the notion of "sending money anon" has two implications. Illegality vs freedom.
Rainbows make it look like "gay freedom" and 1985 design. Dark blue and black make it look Darth Vader'ish and too obscure. The envelope makes it look like a Gmail app (and IMHO is horrible as an independent symbol of DRK, and implies representation of locked email because of gmail graphic association)

Think of something positive, associate it with freedom. Don't make it look gay. Dark blue/black looks cool as f*ck IMHO, but the edges in the arrows seem too authoritative. I would keep the dark/blue/arrows, but introduce some fluid curves around the actual logo and 2 arrows, pointing opposite direction, around the DRK logo, meaning DRK makes is anonymous, but the two-way direction-flow makes it feel "easy to come and go"

Like the snakes in the pharma symbol, sort of. To represent easy of use, fluidness, organic of sorts, DRK as center, opposite direction pointing arrows meaning - two way connecting communication.

thelonecrouton

Foundation Member
Apr 15, 2014
Good point on the italics. The backwards arrow is a problem to remove since it's in the D logo itself.
The main problem with that one is the little flag sticking off of the top breaking the "square" of the graphic.
Here's another version of it.

Perfect. :D

Yeah the little flag thing was what I meant, sorry. Forwards > backwards to my simple mind!

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
Always design so things appear to be moving forward - which is to say left -> right - unless you have some specific reason not to. Sounds stupid, but it is a legit subconscious thing.

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
And here's my awesome idea for DGW that turned out stupid...
(I'm so mad!)
Set the wave behind the DG, change the DG to the blue color, shrink the DG (or better, lower the weight if you can), stretch out the wave horizontally. See what happens. I don't have a vector editor at work or I'd rip off your idea.

Enzwell

Mar 13, 2014
California
Always design so things appear to be moving forward - which is to say left -> right - unless you have some specific reason not to. Sounds stupid, but it is a legit subconscious thing.
Yes, I know that one. Always forward and upward!
But the chosen D logo breaks that 'rule', so if that's the logo, which it is now, it's always going to be pointing backward.

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
Enzwell:
Grabbed inkscape real quick and did a lame sketch of what I had in mind. I understand the angles that you were going for in the original image (actually a cool idea in concept) , but if they match the same way here it doesn't work. In this case I think rounding the wave looks a bit better, but I'm no graphic designer. Also used the alt logo colors for continuity (or as close as I could get them having no fucking clue how to use inkscape).

Enzwell

Mar 13, 2014
California
Set the wave behind the DG, change the DG to the blue color, shrink the DG (or better, lower the weight if you can), stretch out the wave horizontally. See what happens. I don't have a vector editor at work or I'd rip off your idea.
Ah. Not bad. The wave under the DG is definitely an idea to mess with, thx. Solves the face problem.
Then again, it creates the overlap problem... can't really work as b&w/2-color.
Here's a quickie..

As far as colors. Not sure that DarkSend or DGW necessarily need to use the DC colors.

Attachments

eltito

Apr 21, 2014
Ah. Not bad. The wave under the DG is definitely an idea to mess with, thx. Solves the face problem.
Then again, it creates the overlap problem... can't really work as b&w/2-color.
Here's a quickie..

As far as colors. Not sure that DarkSend or DGW necessarily need to use the DC colors.
That's funny I was just about to upload:

Didn't think about 2 color. I'm sure there's a way to make the interplay between the letters and wave work well (maybe not this one), but like you said it needs to be played around with.