• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

need help with wallet on windows

Ccb1

i'm getting a assertation ailed!

program:C\program files\dashcore\dash-qt.exe
file:chain.cpp, line96

expression:pindexwalk->pprev

Seems like something has gone wrong in the installation process, or maybe some corrupt file. Are you running some aggressive antivirus software maybe? Try the following to fix it:

Open Explorer and go to %APPDATA%/DashCore and make a copy of your wallet.dat file and the backups folder now and store it somewhere safe. Next you can try to delete all the .dat files in that folder EXCEPT wallet.dat, then try to start Dash. If that doesn't work, uninstall Dash, delete the entire %APPDATA%/DashCore folder, then reinstall Dash from dash.org/wallets, start it once and close it, then put your original wallet.dat file in the newly generated %APPDATA%/DashCore folder. Post back here with your results :)

Hello strophy. How are you . After writing this message I rebooted and I was unable to get back in to the operating system. I just installed a new one on another disk. . Is there a way to extract the file from another operating system I still do have asses to the disk I just can not boot in to it.

hi I did a search for the file and I was unable to find it. What folder is it in. Accessing the drive it says the recycle bin on G:// is corrupted. Do you want to empty the recycle bin for the drive. I think it's all my dash stuff that in there
Storphy I think what happened was a combination of a windows update and , my anti virus messing things for me. when I could not get into my wallet because the above error. I panicked and tried to install the wallet again. The reinstall was unsuccessful. Then Thats when I could not log in. Any help would be appreciated strophy

Wow, things are getting messy quickly here! Did you keep a backup of your wallet.dat? If not, first get a mirror and promise yourself you will never again store cryptocurrency without a recovery seed or backup file stored securely somewhere. You are responsible for your own security!

Now, for the recovery: you need to somehow mount the drive holding your old data and copy wallet.dat so you can use it with your new installation of Windows. It should be stored in this folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\DashCore

Note that you should replace <username> with whatever your username was on that installation of Windows. Let me know how it goes!

hello strophy
No I did not backup my wallet (i'm kicking myself), and yes I did promise myself I would never let this happen again. I was just unsure on how do the backup, i will educated myself.
about my situation:
I was able to mount the disk and recover that folder,. I did a clean install of windows and used the same name (Microsoft named the user automatically) currently i'm installing windows update. I guess I need help with the next step. installing the wallet and inserting the recovered files.
I'll hold off on installing the wallet till i hear from you.

In the mine time I'm mining and running a node with a new wallet installed on another disk.
Thanks for all your help, looking forward to hearing from you.

Strophy I found page https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1867878/How+to+safely+back+up+your+wallet
I think this is the way to restore the wallet. I just wanted to verify with you.

Strophy
I have configured a node and miner under a new wallet thinking I lost everything.
The wallet that needs recover has been my only wallet the last 2months.
If I do get it back my old wallet. Should switch the node and miner back to my old account.
The old account receiving address has been off p2pool 16 hours.

Hello. Thank you for help. . I found page https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/1867878/How+to+safely+back+up+your+wallet
It describes how to back up and restore wallet. I'm thinking this is the info I need.
Can you verify this don't want to make another mistake. Windows is all rebuilt ready for the wallet installation.

I was hoping for some more advice from you.
The last wallet I mined for 2 months on. Since I thought I lost it last I created a new wallet on another disk to keep the node up and mine with.
Should I mine with my old numbers. My has no shares for 16 hours now.

Ok got everything back Thanks for all your help Strophy. i have a back up now. I went back to my old payout address for both my miner and node. Guess I have to start all over getting shares. and things were looking up before this happened (my payouts). oh and thanks for your recent guide on setting up a node, you help is appreciated. take care, oh by the way my name is chris

OK Chris, super glad to hear you got it sorted out. Happy mining and keep making those backups!

Back