• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

need help setting up a p2pool node on windows

aadje93

Hi guys,
Anyone has made it to run darkcoin p2pool on a windows machine?

I cant seem to get it working, i was running btc/ltc p2pool's fine but drk doesnt like to work for some reason :(

If anyone could help its greatly appreciated.

Thanks

aadje93

to add, the problem i have is p2pool not willing to connect to my darkcoin. Got the rpc port/ user/pass /server = 1 in my darkcoin.conf. Checked if cofing name is right whilst using no rpc username and it gave an error so config is fine now. Any help is greatly appriciated :)

It might be easier (and safer) to use a vm on your windows machine. For instance there is Virtual Box or Vmware. Just download an iso and you'll be running in less than an hour.

I was thinking about a vm to allready. Got virtualbox and using it alot. But i dont want to store my drk in the VM for safety reasons :p Is there a way to "mine" to my windows wallet in the VM?

And do you have a guide on the linux setup? (freebsd, debian, ubuntu ?)

I'm getting somewhere :) seeing some 0H/s local rate. But still xcoin_hash error.

How can in stall the required xcoin_hash thingy. Then its working :D

Also seeing the local 127.0.0.1:7903 site. So p2pool runs. Only the connection to the network is still a problem :p

(edit this is on windows!! trying a ubuntu VM also now, didnt have luck on debian) no luck @ ubuntu, for some reason my linux knowledge + crypto currency = fail. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The xcoin-hash can be installed by entering its directory and executing
Code:
python setup.py build
python setup.py install

Here's a tutorial how to install p2pool on a Debian in VirtualBox but most steps are the same. I can provide you with a ready virtual machine done as in the tutorial. If you're interested, write me a PM here.

I have darkcoin p2pool running under windows. It sounds like you need to pull and build xcoin_hash. Make sure you have git installed, then from the directory where the p2pool source is installed I run the following:
git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/xcoin-hash.git
cd xcoin-hash
C:\Python27\python.exe setup.py build --compile=mingw32 install
cd ..\darkcoin-subsidy-python

The instructions for setting up Windows p2pool for Vertcoin mostly apply: http://coingolem.com/how-to-setup-your-own-p2pool-node-windows-212/

I have darkcoin p2pool running under windows. It sounds like you need to pull and build xcoin_hash. Make sure you have git installed, then from the directory where the p2pool source is installed I run the following:
git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/xcoin-hash.git
cd xcoin-hash
cd ..\darkcoin-subsidy-python

The instructions for setting up Windows p2pool for Vertcoin mostly apply: http://coingolem.com/how-to-setup-your-own-p2pool-node-windows-212/

Hi, i get an error at the part C:\Python27\python.exe setup.py build --compile=mingw32 install "error: command 'gcc' failed: No such file ore directory"

started using git clone after cd 'p2pool map location' Could you help me :

s
eems to be kinda working. Now i get the rpc connection error again -.-. Building of the python thing seems working (i forgot the gcc instalation i found in vertcoin guide) now i get 30sec timeout errors again :(

myu darkcoin.conf:

Code:
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=9998
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

lol forgot to restart my darkcoin :p

P2pool runs without error, but i dont see any hashrate, 0 shares in chain 0 verrified. Is this because i dont mine yet? because it notes the current blockheigt as 79260 which seems good

I keep edititng here lol

Seems that p2pool works. But i am on my own chain LOL

Whats the correct port for p2pool? I see 2 payout adresses:
XrNq4enAhgotuJMejK4Znwn6EuGUmGaWJx
XufvEq8HBbYSt23RMyCUcJoJQ2i2tj7SRE

Top one is my p2pool adress
Pool rate 6,36mhs, local 5,59

Edit again,

seems like im running on port 7902 for the p2pool network. And the current port network (after hardfork) is 8999
Is there a startup option to connect to port 8999 and let miners go to 8998?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I got p2pool kinda running. but now i got the port issue. I see every public node on 7903 but i dont know if they got internal nat redericts.

i think i got it working now
correct p2pool distrubution:
https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-drk

only problem now is, my x11 mining rig with sgminer is hashing at around 50% of normal hashrate o.o (to high intensity for p2pool?)

edit, tweaked a little with lookup gap etc and seems around normal again :) <3 p2pool

Node uptime: 1.7 hours Peers: 6 out, 0 in

Local rate: 12.8MH/s (0.33% DOA) Expected time to share: 8.1 minutes

Shares: 4 total (1 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: 90.94%

doesnt seem right to me... i should be at around 10 shares at least now.

Node uptime: 1.7 hours Peers: 6 out, 0 in

Local rate: 12.8MH/s (0.33% DOA) Expected time to share: 8.1 minutes

Shares: 4 total (1 orphaned, 0 dead) Efficiency: 90.94%

doesnt seem right to me... i should be at around 10 shares at least now.
Thats the p2pool shares not the worker shares. Looks good.

Back