• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need Estimation of Difficulty after Introduction of D3...

Newminer

Hi there,
I am new in mining and new in DASH. 2 weeks ago we could buy some Baikal Giant plus at very good Prices. It didn't last long, as with the introduction of the Antminer d3 it seems the game will change soon. I am playing with many numbers on mining calculators, based on the arrival of these super asic miners. Does anyone have an idea or estimation how fast DASH Difficulty will rise? I am entereing numbers of 3m (3000000) or more starting at the beginning of october. Do you think this is realistic? Or will it be much more? And per when do you think difficulty will rise dramatically. Woud appreciate your opinion. Thank you. NM

Hi there,
I am new in mining and new in DASH. 2 weeks ago we could buy some Baikal Giant plus at very good Prices. It didn't last long, as with the introduction of the Antminer d3 it seems the game will change soon. I am playing with many numbers on mining calculators, based on the arrival of these super asic miners. Does anyone have an idea or estimation how fast DASH Difficulty will rise? I am entereing numbers of 3m (3000000) or more starting at the beginning of october. Do you think this is realistic? Or will it be much more? And per when do you think difficulty will rise dramatically. Woud appreciate your opinion. Thank you. NM

sadly, this is an unanswerable question, sans crystal ball.

This would be awesome to know but very hard to predict. Personally im bring online 380 GH Oct 10-15.

After the network hashrate will explode and the it'll be more difficult to mine Dash, i would say rising prices is the least of your concerns. And i seriously hope not that many people buy the D3 because i pray to god every day this will be my golden ticket to living a plentiful life with relatively no stress

We can't predict the difficulty , we can only victimise the difficulty by checking the charts after Antminer D3's hits the pools.

Imo at a rough calculations by watching difficulty trends, the difficulty will increase at 2X rate for every month.

Once 1st batch of Antminer D3 hits the pools by the end of Oct as per the market, we can get in to more predictions how the Difficulty rate can grow.

Hello all
I have used coin wars calculator and adjusted the figures and pretty much doubled the difficulty (to 1,000,000) and cut the hash rate down (to 12,000mhs) and it works out to $39,173.49/year
Not the ridiculous 50-75k the calculator shows by default. I'm cool with anywhere between 15-25k/year to be very honest..

I was talked out of mining bitcoin a year ago with the same hash rate argument, but my friends who are still mining are quite happy, as mining became more difficult the price went up. I know dash may not have the same explosive growth, but i do believe once you get your miners up and running before year end, you should get ROI in 2-4 months depending on your setup and I also think the mining pools will develop scripts that allow you to mine alt coins etc.

I also think that if bit main etc already turned on 100,000 of these already we would see the difficulty skyrocket already.

I got my D3 directly from bit main (actually just email support and 'Leo' simply replied saying they had a batch for sale and sent the link) and i got through without any problems at all. I was kinda shocked to be honest from all the stories i read. I'm in the Nov batch, so best of luck to all who get up and running before me :)

This is nothing if you take into account that the 1mil threshold was already reached on August 15th, even so the difficulty will only see a steady increase. Albeit it lasted just for a couple of hours, as other people have noted, the difficulty can increase twice each month, meaning by beginning of December the difficulty could be as high as 4mil, meaning not even 1k $ profit if you're unlucky enough to end up with a 10-11 MH/s batch

Good point and noted. (well worse scenario sell it on eBay :p)
I'll wait and see, because for the ~0.37 BTC spent, if can make ~2 btc back in a year (and if btc price goes to 5-7k) i'll be smiling.

Hello all
I have used coin wars calculator and adjusted the figures and pretty much doubled the difficulty (to 1,000,000) and cut the hash rate down (to 12,000mhs) and it works out to $39,173.49/year
Not the ridiculous 50-75k the calculator shows by default. I'm cool with anywhere between 15-25k/year to be very honest..

I was talked out of mining bitcoin a year ago with the same hash rate argument, but my friends who are still mining are quite happy, as mining became more difficult the price went up. I know dash may not have the same explosive growth, but i do believe once you get your miners up and running before year end, you should get ROI in 2-4 months depending on your setup and I also think the mining pools will develop scripts that allow you to mine alt coins etc.

I also think that if bit main etc already turned on 100,000 of these already we would see the difficulty skyrocket already.

I got my D3 directly from bit main (actually just email support and 'Leo' simply replied saying they had a batch for sale and sent the link) and i got through without any problems at all. I was kinda shocked to be honest from all the stories i read. I'm in the Nov batch, so best of luck to all who get up and running before me :)

When i checked Coin wars exactly 1 week back before by knowing Antminers D3 at 15 Gh rate one could earn approx $13K/m at a difficulty rate of 3,00,000 :cool:

and ordered a D3 OCT batch :cool:
Now today after 1 week and after 3 more batch releases ( not sure how many D3's have been sold and and still up for sale) if you check the difficulty rate - it's 8,88,467 which can earn you only around $4.5k/m .. so the profits reduced by 3X even before the 1st batch of D3 started to hit pools. :eek:
imagine the difficulty , when All 1 st batch of Antminer D3 hits pools ?? then we might get the result what we are trying to calculate o_O
It can be around 1,00,00,000 just a guess but not sure until we know the total stock sold. so at 1,00,00,000 we hardly make $300/m so the first batch ROI may be 8 months or 1 year. :mad:

I also bought Antminer D3 OCT batch and i really hope difficulty not to go like this as my predictions :oops:

Hello all

Ohh wow, that's great for you :)
Your batch was 1-15 of November?

Thanks.

I bought a D3 for Nov 24-30 it's dead for profitability it would mean? But the D3 makes X11, there will be opportunity to miner other money in X11 no?

I bought a D3 for Nov 24-30 it's dead for profitability it would mean? But the D3 makes X11, there will be opportunity to miner other money in X11 no?

it's hard to estimate the difficulty, we can estimate once the 1st batch hits the pools.

Yes, you can mine any X11 coin.

it's hard to estimate the difficulty, we can estimate once the 1st batch hits the pools.

Yes, you can mine any X11 coin.

Thank you for your reply. Yes it is difficult to know how much miner will turn in 3 months. But as we can undermine X11. I would like to say that the Dash is not the only crypto with a small ROI. Currently it's MUE ($ 6,278.47) 8day you also have CANN ($ 5,322.89) 10day, and other X11 that are interesting, you think this will have an impact on all X11? The difficulty is minimal on the other crypto

Thank you for your reply. Yes it is difficult to know how much miner will turn in 3 months. But as we can undermine X11. I would like to say that the Dash is not the only crypto with a small ROI. Currently it's MUE ($ 6,278.47) 8day you also have CANN ($ 5,322.89) 10day, and other X11 that are interesting, you think this will have an impact on all X11? The difficulty is minimal on the other crypto

D3 will definitely impact on all X11 coins on their difficulty concept but imo it may or may not effect on the price.

Difficulty will rise to about 2X depending on various factors, once the D3's hit the pools then it will be much more easy to predict but it's least of your worries brother

but it's least of your worries brother

that is to say ?

Not too understood, so for you the difficulty without knowing too much where it will go, Currently the Diff of the dash is 902095.078 for 27.60 Th / s NetHash It seems to me that the last batch was 14 000 pieces is this true? Or intox? I see a lot of forum, discord say it. I invested without thinking but I'm not disappointed if the diff on add 3M, the ROI will be 45day for $ 1100 a month.

that is to say ?

Not too understood, so for you the difficulty without knowing too much where it will go, Currently the Diff of the dash is 902095.078 for 27.60 Th / s NetHash It seems to me that the last batch was 14 000 pieces is this true? Or intox? I see a lot of forum, discord say it. I invested without thinking but I'm not disappointed if the diff on add 3M, the ROI will be 45day for $ 1100 a month.

14000 * 15GHash/sec = 210 THash/sec, or about 10X the current Dash network hashrate. Add in the other batches from Bitmain and others and all we can do is just hope that the price goes up enough to keep it profitable...

Safe to say that a 45 day ROI is about as likely as getting hit by lighting.

Back