• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mystic Dash Challenge + PVC Sponsorship

coingun

Masternode Owner/Operator
Sup Dashians!

Coingun here hoping to have a few minutes of your time. Hopefully everyone got to enjoy or be a part of the recent #mysticdash challenge that was recently put on. The #mysticdash challenge was the brain child of Firas Zahabi head coach at Tristar Gym. Firas and I got connected a few weeks ago when I reached out to him to see if I could help with his new decentralized Brazilian jiu-jitsu platform that was being developed on his youtube channel. This new venture was called the Pure Victory Championships and I personally had to be a part of it and hoped that eventually the MNO's would see my vision of bringing together MMA and Digital Currency. So let's get to the story!

I offered to sponsor the PVC episodes paying $100 to the winning fighter in Dash. I wanted to sponsor it out of my own pocket first so that we could get some good data with view counts and also work out the kinks of how this could go down. So far we have sponsored 6 PVC episodes paying out $100 worth of Dash to the winner of each episode. These episodes are viewed by 6-10,000 of the Tristar subscribers each time they are released. Not bad for the $100 ask.

During the week of the Aug 26th Money fight when Firas and I were texting we got onto the topic of doing a giveaway for the fight. My goal was to improve wallet downloads for the Dash Wallet app that had recently been released into the iOS and Android stores and Firas wanted to help spread the love of Dash to his followers especially after using and seeing how awesome our app was.

To get a good idea of all the view's we have already received have a browse on this page: https://www.youtube.com/user/tristargymcanada/videos

To date I personally have put out the following on behalf of the network:

2.789846 (Dash paid out to PVC fighters for EP1-7)
54.41489017 (Dash paid out to #mysticdash challenge 1)
https://twitter.com/Firas_Zahabi/status/900826993394110469
0.82978 (Dash paid out to #mysticdash challenge 2)
https://twitter.com/Firas_Zahabi/status/906595789060833281

My request is as follows:

PVC (began July 06,2017)
3 Dash (total PVC Fighter payouts to date rounded up)
10 Dash (1 Dash reserved and to be awarded for the winner of the next PVC 10 fights)
----
13 Dash (for sponsoring 16 PVC fights)

MYSTICDASH
55 Dash (#mysticdash challenge 1)
1 Dash (#mysticdash challenge 2)
8 Dash (0.5 Dash #mysticdash challenge for next 8 fight cards)
----
64 Dash (for doing 9 total #mysticdash)

MISC
5 Dash (Proposal fee)
5 Dash (My time doing all the things)
----
10 Dash

TOTAL: 13 + 64 + 10 = 87 Dash

I want it to be clear that I moved forward with this opportunities on my own accord. I feel they have brought value to the Masternode Node owners but they were done at my own risk and though it would be extremely supportive to get these funds back I just want it to be clear that I proceeded at my own risk and will deal with the outcome professionally.

Edit: Missed episode 7 so adjusted for it.

Last edited:
Great promo, and thanks for fronting all the Dash. I will absolutely vote for reimbursement, and encourage others to do the same.

I only have one question - can you do this same type of thing a hundred times over with similar sized, tight-knit, YouTube channels?

Great promo, and thanks for fronting all the Dash. I will absolutely vote for reimbursement, and encourage others to do the same.

I only have one question - can you do this same type of thing a hundred times over with similar sized, tight-knit, YouTube channels?
YES!!!! EXACTLY THIS!!!! The whole idea behind this proof of concept giveaway was to test the waters in terms of the niche groups of people following these youtube channels. I used Firas and Tristar for this project simply because that was path of least resistance but the truth of the matter is that is exactly what we had planned. Do the proof of concept on a middle sized youtube channel and tweak it before going to a larger channel with more views to do another round.

To those who can't see the vision this has nothing to do with MMA and everything to do with user engagement and man was the user engagement of these successful for the people that frequent Firas' channel. We believe that with this data we now have the formula to improve it on the next iteration.

Last edited:
Back