• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

MN will not stay online after withdrawing payments

ericools

"Error: There is a problem with the status of your masternode on the masternode list:
ENABLED: 0%
WATCHDOG_EXPIRED: 100% "
-Dash Central

"Inactive (0%)"
-dashninja

I have "fixed" it three times now by either clicking start masternode in my wallet, or restarting it on the server. It works for a while, doesn't appear to loose my place in line (assuming Dash Central does that accurately??) but goes offline again within an hour.

I did the recent sentinel fix and received a payment since then. The only thing that has happened between that payment and this issue is my withdrawing my payments. The 1000 Dash is still there at the same address, and as best I can tell only the payout coins have been moved. It showed a little lock icon next to it when I selected what coins to withdraw so I would think it all wend down correctly.

venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py returns nothing
./dash-cli masternode list full | grep 108.61.222.124 returns WATCHDOG_EXPIRED
./dash-cli masternode debug returns Masternode successfully started
./dash-cli mnsync status is Finished

Anyone know what the issue might be?

edit: Both my wallet and Dash Central show a balance of 1,000 however dashninja shows 1,036.74 (the balance I had before I withdrew.

"Error: There is a problem with the status of your masternode on the masternode list:
ENABLED: 0%
WATCHDOG_EXPIRED: 100% "
-Dash Central

"Inactive (0%)"
-dashninja

I have "fixed" it three times now by either clicking start masternode in my wallet, or restarting it on the server. It works for a while, doesn't appear to loose my place in line (assuming Dash Central does that accurately??) but goes offline again within an hour.

I did the recent sentinel fix and received a payment since then. The only thing that has happened between that payment and this issue is my withdrawing my payments. The 1000 Dash is still there at the same address, and as best I can tell only the payout coins have been moved. It showed a little lock icon next to it when I selected what coins to withdraw so I would think it all wend down correctly.

venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py returns nothing
./dash-cli masternode list full | grep 108.61.222.124 returns WATCHDOG_EXPIRED
./dash-cli masternode debug returns Masternode successfully started
./dash-cli mnsync status is Finished

Anyone know what the issue might be?

edit: Both my wallet and Dash Central show a balance of 1,000 however dashninja shows 1,036.74 (the balance I had before I withdrew.

dashninja is not 100% these days
i did some MN withdraws as well yesterday and my balances still show pre withdraw
DashCentral (using App on phone) works much better on that regard

Dash Central still shows it down, but it has stayed ENABLED according to my server for a while now so hopefully it will stay working this time.

Dash Central still shows it down, but it has stayed ENABLED according to my server for a while now so hopefully it will stay working this time.
Your MN is "WATCHDOG_EXPIRED" on my list, please check your crontab about running sentinel , or try running sentinel manually again.

With regards to Dashninja and the balance problems :

OHmBg7D.jpg

crontab is exactly as described in TAO's guide.

venv/bin/python bin/sentinel.py returns nothing just as TAO's guide says it should. My node shows enabled again a while after doing this on both dashninja and dash central. Thinking maybe my crontab isn't working for some reason.

I did git pull again, just to be sure, and it says I am up to date.

I suggest you check your cron.log. If enabled, launching the sentinel tool should be logged. Also non zero exit codes may be logged there.
I also suggest to redirect the sentinel output to a separate log file, for example by appending
Code:
 >> sentinel-cron.log 2>&1
which will redirect and append both, STDERR and STDOUT to a file called sentinel-cron.log within the current working directory (usually set by cd command within the crontab entry, or similar) when not using a relative path.

Sentinel output lacks timestamps, though.

Another thing: Do you have a different location for your dash.conf file? If so, you have to set it within the sentinel.conf within the project root:

Code:
dash_conf=/path/to/dash.conf

edit: Edited due to messed up order of IO redirection directive.

Last edited:
Code:
2>&1 >> sentinel-cron.log
which will redirect and append both, STDERR and STDOUT to a file called sentinel-cron.log within the current working directory (usually set by cd command within the crontab entry, or similar) when not using a relative path.

sorry, thats not correct!
You have to put the 2>&1 BEHIND like

Code:
>> sentinel-cron.log >&1

I have learned that with the latest sentinel bug - because the error was not in the logfile! ;)

Back