• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

$MN$ v3 updated - Receive text message or email notifications upon masternode payment

Just wanted to confirm I have your app up and running watching a few masternodes. I've gotten a few texts this morning so everything looks to be working well. Thanks!
Thanks for checking it out and letting me know its workin. Looks like i'll be able to add monitoring masternode 'active' status and send out notifications for that as well. Should be done tonight and will be ready for release in a couple days. Make sure to come back and get yourself a big upgrade!

Thanks for checking it out and letting me know its workin. Looks like i'll be able to add monitoring masternode 'active' status and send out notifications for that as well. Should be done tonight and will be ready for release in a couple days. Make sure to come back and get yourself a big upgrade!

please let me know (by message) when you have final bug free version as I wanna use it for a social media DRK promo + I have a bunch of guys on a Chatroom here who are not on dct !
tx

please let me know (by message) when you have final bug free version as I wanna use it for a social media DRK promo + I have a bunch of guys on a Chatroom here who are not on dct !
tx
I definitely will. I'll also make sure to grab your attention when Mac version is ready. I figure I'll name the layout using Minotaur's artwork "The Tungfa" hahahaha. Or maybe "The Tungfataur"... pretty catchy, eh?

YEAHH
for the "Tungfataur" version let me work on that layout a bit more !!
that the name really fits the app !
haaaa ....>

Looks like an added benefit of using the drk.mn api is that I'll be able to add monitoring for people using the ever increasingly popular "start many" option in a really easy way. You should be able to enter the receiving address and have notifications occur for all MNs associated with that address separately... *not yet available. Using drk.mn API is going well FYI.

Hello, if I parse the MN lists and expose it via a web socket, you will no longer have to poll the json server every minute. Instead, t could use web hooks and behave in an event driven way.

What your thoughts? Less traffic. :)

Hello, if I parse the MN lists and expose it via a web socket, you will no longer have to poll the json server every minute. Instead, t could use web hooks and behave in an event driven way.

What your thoughts? Less traffic. :)
Less traffic would be the polite way to handle things. Do you mean to parse "https://drk.mn/api/masternodes?"? Or do you mean from daemon and post on a personal server? I might be too dumb to field this response.

I'll parse the demon straight to a database. You'd register an interest by creating an instance of a we socket to an end point. (Wcf service). Once registered it will allow me to dispatch a message when a given event occurs

Event could be a masternode payment or master node down.

I'll parse the demon straight to a database. You'd register an interest by creating an instance of a we socket to an end point. (Wcf service). Once registered it will allow me to dispatch a message when a given event occurs

Event could be a masternode payment or master node down.
That would be very generous of you! Forgive my ignorance, but would that require you to know which masternodes are being monitored via the software and send specific info to each user? Or would it broadcast a signal for every masternode payment as well as every time a masternode is down? I really like the idea of not burdening the website traffic. However I am wondering if an event based message might not conflict with something I think is a strength in the way the program is coded. Once the balance has been obtained by the software, it will keep checking to see if it has increased over and over on loop. If there is an error such as internet outtage, as far as the program is concerned there has been no increase in balance so it keeps checking. Then when the error is resolved on the next check or in 40 checks, it sees if there is an increase and reacts. I'm wondering if internet outage would be an issue if it were reacting to a broadcasted message?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Your polling and checking the value against a persisted one? If so, you're right. Outage wouldn't help you when it comes to events.

I could store the MN ip of the interested parties and when they connect, I publish the events.

Hmm. Your polling and checking the value against a persisted one? If so, you're right. Outage wouldn't help you when it comes to events.

I could store the MN ip of the interested parties and when they connect, I publish the events.
I think I'm gonna stick with the current setup for now but you've definitely got me thinking..

for some reason, it won't let me add my 2nd receiving address. Then I tried adding it byitself and it won't take it. But it does take my first receiving address. Then I tried the 2nd again by itself, and it won't take it...just doesn't show it on the screen. It shows it initially but it won't get the balance. Then I update settings, close. Then when I open, its gone...even though its in the ini file. oddddddddd!

for some reason, it won't let me add my 2nd receiving address. Then I tried adding it byitself and it won't take it. But it does take my first receiving address. Then I tried the 2nd again by itself, and it won't take it...just doesn't show it on the screen. It shows it initially but it won't get the balance. Then I update settings, close. Then when I open, its gone...even though its in the ini file. oddddddddd!
Man that is confusing I'm sorry about that! What version of windows are you using? I'm gonna have to think about this a bit. When you say it shows it initially but won't get the balance, have you or will you try waiting 1 more minute and see if it gets it the next time around? And you say its not saving the masternode list you enter when you hit update settings?

*It is supposed to let you add just about anything to the list, but wont show a balance unless its a valid address.

Man that is confusing I'm sorry about that! What version of windows are you using? I'm gonna have to think about this a bit. When you say it shows it initially but won't get the balance, have you or will you try waiting 1 more minute and see if it gets it the next time around? And you say its not saving the masternode list you enter when you hit update settings?
Windows 8 64bit. Tried compatibility mode. I've only tried 2 public addresses in it...but when I add one of the 2, it seems to break the program. I can add the first one fine...it works, updates, saves, comes back up..shows balance. Then when I add my 2nd one to the list, it adds below my first in the list and then shows up on top...it shows a last refresh, but no balance...so top shows balance, bottom (2nd) doens't show balance..but there is a timestamp (close to the first one). I click update, and then close...when I come back it, it shows only my first key with balance and all..but no sign of 2nd key in list or top. If I go to the ini file, its there separated by a -.

Then if I put my 2nd key first in the file (swap keys between the -), NOTHING SHOWS when I load the app back up.

Windows 8 64bit. Tried compatibility mode. I've only tried 2 public addresses in it...but when I add one of the 2, it seems to break the program. I can add the first one fine...it works, updates, saves, comes back up..shows balance. Then when I add my 2nd one to the list, it adds below my first in the list and then shows up on top...it shows a last refresh, but no balance...so top shows balance, bottom (2nd) doens't show balance..but there is a timestamp (close to the first one). I click update, and then close...when I come back it, it shows only my first key with balance and all..but no sign of 2nd key in list or top. If I go to the ini file, its there separated by a -.

Then if I put my 2nd key first in the file (swap keys between the -), NOTHING SHOWS when I load the app back up.
That's really weird. On the off chance that the ini file got out of whack, do you mind extracting just the ini file out of the zip and overwrite the one in the $MN$ folder and try again?

Hey what is the balance in the second address? is it exactly 1000 or less than 1000 or more?

Exactly 1000. About to try replacing ini file...
Hey , send some dust to it. send like .00002 drk to the address and it should be fine. This is a stupid bug that UdjinM6 helped me fix really easily but I haven't put the updated version out yet. I'll go ahead and get back to work on that and put it out soon.

Back