Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Mixing hanging

Discussion in 'PrivateSend Questions and Help' started by flailingjunk, Mar 7, 2016.

1. flailingjunk

flailingjunk New Member

I assume its a known issue, but my client gets suck almost every time I try to mix so i figured i should make a post about it. It happens because a denominate transaction hours old is showing as 0 unconfirmed or as conflicted. Restarting client does not fix it, recover transactions 1 from the wallet repair tab does resolve the issue.

2. dark_wanderer

dark_wanderer Member

Yes, I can only confirm from my experience that it happens quite often that Darksend mixing transactions (by the way, transactions with a zero fee) just get stuck, and it can take hours until they get confirmed (if at all).

I wrote a simple bash script (requires Linux/Unix) that can help to propagate such a stalled transaction:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

dash-cli getrawtransaction $1 | xargs dash-cli sendrawtransaction

Save the code above into file named resendtx and make it executable:

Code:
    $ chmod +x resendtx

For a stalled transaction with an ID of XXX (look up the ID from the wallet GUI), call the script on a computer which is not the computer you are mixing from:

Code:
    $ resendtx XXX

It should help to propagate the stalled transaction thereby letting DarkSend to move on (no guarantee of course).

Of course, it is not a permanent solution. I did not yet figure out, whether it is a network issue or something else. Any feedback from the devs or DASH power users is appreciated.

#2 dark_wanderer, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
  3. flailingjunk

flailingjunk New Member

When I do the recovery it shows hundreds of confirmations so it is making it to the network.