+ 1 - I agree fully.
It has been such a bad experience for me, that I am considering getting out of dash entirely.
I retract my complaint about the upgrade - here is what worked for me to resolve:
1. Ensured I had the latest version of my pre-upgrade wallet in a safe place.
2. Uninstalled the multiple versions I had installed to ensure all s/w was off my win box.
3. Installed the latest version, and ran it until the blockchain was full up-to-date.
4. Closed Dash.
5. Deleted wallet.dat from new install.
6. Copied my last-known-good wallet backup into the same location as the wallet.dat I just deleted, and placed it there with name wallet.dat
7. Started dash core
8 Dash did further synchronizing to blockchain (did not take very long)
9. My balance and transactions are now showing as they were pre-update.
Hope this is helpful to others.