• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mining on Lenovo Z500 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reav3R

Greetings,

I've just signed up here, and I'm new to cryptocurrency in general. I was wondering if I have chosen the right currency to mine with my laptop. My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 635M and I'm gonna use it to mine. I really don't have any budget to get any kind of mining hardware. Please let me know if I should even bother on my Laptop or not.

I'll wait for your answers before installing the main client and starting to mine.

Best Regards,
Reav3R

Mining on a laptop is a very bad idea. They are not designed to endure the workload and temperatures that mining requires, even with X11. You can burn something or reduce its life. Your laptop is worth more than what you are going to get, I would not do it.

Mining on a laptop is a very bad idea. They are not designed to endure the workload and temperatures that mining requires, even with X11. You can burn something or reduce its life. Your laptop is worth more than what you are going to get, I would not do it.
My PC has a worthless GT440 but a decent CPU. Is it profitable to mine on Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.5 Ghz?

At current difficulty, you should have a decent amount of hashing power to get a profit. I don't think a CPU could work

At current difficulty, you should have a decent amount of hashing power to get a profit. I don't think a CPU could work
Are you talking about my Laptop's GT635M GPU or my PC's GT440? Do you recommend mining on my Lenovo Z500?

difficulty today reached an insanely high level (8.000 and above). I can't get about anything with a rig of two 280x cards...

yea I have 2 GTX660Ti's and I'm not getting very far lmao. In fact I might mine doge and exchange it for DRK might be a better way to go. But the power will increase so hmmm not sure gotta run the #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back