• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Masternodecloud.com] Masternode cloud-service -> Please use https://masternode.me as alternative

I realize this question is out of place but I'm
really stupid and don't know where else to put it.

Very interested in MNcloud, but as I said not very smart.
Tell me please, if you send 1k dash to a labeled address in your
wallet, is it somehow segregated, or is it that you just have to be careful not
to let your total balance go below 1k? If you have several MNs is each tied to a
receiving address, or once again is it the balance that matters?

Hello,

To host a masternode you have to send exactly 1k dash (in one transaction) to an address of your choice (you have to own it).
The Dashd allows you to host a masternode (based on this address) if you do so.

So yeah its somehow "segregated" - some kind of a special address.

This address/transaction is permitted to run a masternode as long its not touched - as soon as you touch the dashs of it your masternode is not permitted to run anymore, and will be cleared out of the list.

Depending on how many nodes you would like to run, each node is tied to his one transaction / address.

Hopefully that helped you out a bit. Otherwise feel free to ask ~

Wohoo !

We growing, and thats why we have to take actions ~

Today - 2 hours ago we successfully migrated all our nodes to new servers !
How did that work without downtime? Well lets call it magic... and a sweating admin during the migration ;).

The reason why we did this is to prepare our next milestone:

Next Milestones:
We doing the best to keep you daemons online. (Daemon monitoring: Periodicly respond checks, Autorestart in case of crashes etc.). But theres still a Problem which most people forget: missing Hardware redundancy. Depending where you rent your VPS, theres no automigration in case of a hardware failure, that means you have to restart your node and get on the start of the queue again. Our goal is to cover fails like this by adding additionally redundancy, on different geographical location so your node migrates in case of a hardware fail to another server.

If we reach 50+ Masternodes on Main-Net were going to add the described fail-over service,
which automaticly detects Hardware fails and migrates Daemons to other Servers (we hate downtime!)

Sadly due to this we currently had to drop our support for the testnet for now - it will be back later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Masternode in masternodecloud up and running yesterday. Thanks to the good help of Scratchy. All works fine and I am a fan already.

Hello dazman, Hello others

Sorry about the delayed response. We had an full crash on our monitoring server about 24 hours ago.
This dropped all of the nodes out of the payment list, the reason was that the nodes are to strictly depending on it (payment-system).
We solving this depency as soon as possible, we will reward each of you 2 DASH, as a sorry for dropping your nodes out of the list.

Please restart them as soon as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi scratchy ...I've sent you a few PM's regarding my masternodes but have had no response in the last 48 hours.

If you can get back to me asap, that would be great.

Sadly we had an issue with some of our VPSs.

It was out of my scope, im sorry for that.

Also i further improved the managing software (memory leak workaround) which grants more stability.

Back