• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode with Trezor?

I got my Trezor nodes running today with MNB script and A LOT of Chaeplins help. If you are technically minded that is the way to go as it works. Otherwise you can try using build 120 of Electrum-Dash, its pretty buggy (it wont register Trezor on windows 10 for example) but it should do the job as a couple of the electrum servers have already updated.

I hope that helps, hit me up if you want the 120 build.

Pablo.

I got my Trezor nodes running today with MNB script and A LOT of Chaeplins help. If you are technically minded that is the way to go as it works. Otherwise you can try using build 120 of Electrum-Dash, its pretty buggy (it wont register Trezor on windows 10 for example) but it should do the job as a couple of the electrum servers have already updated.

I hope that helps, hit me up if you want the 120 build.

Pablo.
Did you set it up on a remote server (like Vultr or something)? In reading through the Dashmnb protocol it seems like the Trezor needs to be connected to the machine that the masternode will run off (ie the server) am I misunderstanding that?

Did you set it up on a remote server (like Vultr or something)? In reading through the Dashmnb protocol it seems like the Trezor needs to be connected to the machine that the masternode will run off (ie the server) am I misunderstanding that?

Remote server hosted by @splawik21 .

Pablo.

Ok, so now that 12.1 is out. My MN is down because I have cold wallet setup that I haven't easily been able to get to. I've read this thread and it says that we just send 1000 Dash to our trezor address and then setup masternode that way. Are there any more specific directions? AND, more importantly is it possible to recover the wallet with with the wallet.dat file from Dash-QT?

Any detailed guide How to manually enable trezor wallet with allready running 12.1.1 masternode on vps ?

I've got questions :) 1. can I run more than one MN on my trezor, and would I do that by simply putting them in the Masternode.conf file like usual?

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:
I've got questions :) 1. can I run more than one MN on my trezor, and would I do that by simply putting them in the Masternode.conf file like usual?

Thanks for any help :)
1) unlimited mn(s) with Acoount #x : Yes. each address should have 1K. no overlapping
2) yes. just copy masternode.conf as dashmnb/mnconf/masternode.conf

trezor is out of stock at the moment. Is there support for doing the same thing but with the ledger nano s?

Last edited:
Im having some trouble getting my head around one thing: If your dash is on your trezor account, how do you get a masternode private key?

Im having some trouble getting my head around one thing: If your dash is on your trezor account, how do you get a masternode private key?
The masternodeprivkey is not bound to your Dash in any way. You can use any dashd/dash-qt to generate a valid masternodeprivkey via

Code:
masternode genkey

Back