Masternode with Trezor?

Amazing

Oct 19, 2015
Is anyone running a masternode where the 1000 Dash is being held on a Trezor?

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Is anyone running a masternode where the 1000 Dash is being held on a Trezor?
TREZOR - Masternode integration is not working yet !
it is in development and should be coming soon :rolleyes:

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Confirming, testing it right now, there are some issues yet but it is closer and closer to the final product. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
This will be a huge bonus for serious investors. One of the core reasons I haven't bought VCash to the roof is because I am not confident I can secure it beyond a paper wallet and I have to stake it with a connected laptop.

Pablo.

rube563

Jun 26, 2016
Japan
Confirming, testing it right now, there are some issues yet but it is closer and closer to the final product. Stay tuned.
I'm ready to start my 1st masternode, would be wise to await a little longer and use trezor - masternode integration?

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
I'm ready to start my 1st masternode, would be wise to await a little longer and use trezor - masternode integration?
Masternode integration is dependant on Dash 12.1 release which is scheduled for Mid/End-July.

So either you launch your masternode the traditional way now, or wait until 12.1 release :)

rube563

Jun 26, 2016
Japan
Masternode integration is dependant on Dash 12.1 release which is scheduled for Mid/End-July.

So either you launch your masternode the traditional way now, or wait until 12.1 release :)
Thanks Flare! I'll think about it. one more thing, in case I go the traditional way how hard would it be to change afterwards?

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Seriously, it will be that easy? I was picturing a complicated migration process. Sweet!
Yeah that easy, send the 1000 coins to trezor, import masternode.conf (updated) and broadcast the masternode start from electrum.
We are still working on it so please be patience.

ericsammons

Jan 1, 2016
ericsammons.com
Yeah that easy, send the 1000 coins to trezor, import masternode.conf (updated) and broadcast the masternode start from electrum.
We are still working on it so please be patience.
I'll admit I'm impatient, but at the same time I want you all to get it right!

nemo

Mar 28, 2014
I'm interested also. I pictured MNs on a Trezor running through moocowmoo's masternode.me site. Will that be feasible? No rush for me, renewal time is a way off.

kaene

Apr 11, 2014
Any updates? I see last comment is from a month ago, and I believe this was working at least as testing version by then

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Any updates? I see last comment is from a month ago, and I believe this was working at least as testing version by then
TREZOR and dash are working
masternode start from TREZOR is in testing / development

Reactions: kaene

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
The trezor + electrum-dash (newest build, not officially released yet) + masternode signing works on testnet.
On mainnet not yet as the new version of 12.1 is obligatory. So keep calm and wait the new dash wallet release :)

Last edited:

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
no
u gotta wait for 12.1 release

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
yes and no problems
(just ordered mine)

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
I got my Trezor nodes running today with MNB script and A LOT of Chaeplins help. If you are technically minded that is the way to go as it works. Otherwise you can try using build 120 of Electrum-Dash, its pretty buggy (it wont register Trezor on windows 10 for example) but it should do the job as a couple of the electrum servers have already updated.

I hope that helps, hit me up if you want the 120 build.

Pablo.

Ctafti

Feb 7, 2017
I got my Trezor nodes running today with MNB script and A LOT of Chaeplins help. If you are technically minded that is the way to go as it works. Otherwise you can try using build 120 of Electrum-Dash, its pretty buggy (it wont register Trezor on windows 10 for example) but it should do the job as a couple of the electrum servers have already updated.

I hope that helps, hit me up if you want the 120 build.

Pablo.
Did you set it up on a remote server (like Vultr or something)? In reading through the Dashmnb protocol it seems like the Trezor needs to be connected to the machine that the masternode will run off (ie the server) am I misunderstanding that?

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
Did you set it up on a remote server (like Vultr or something)? In reading through the Dashmnb protocol it seems like the Trezor needs to be connected to the machine that the masternode will run off (ie the server) am I misunderstanding that?
Remote server hosted by @splawik21 .

Pablo.

Amazing

Oct 19, 2015
Ok, so now that 12.1 is out. My MN is down because I have cold wallet setup that I haven't easily been able to get to. I've read this thread and it says that we just send 1000 Dash to our trezor address and then setup masternode that way. Are there any more specific directions? AND, more importantly is it possible to recover the wallet with with the wallet.dat file from Dash-QT?

Dash4Ever

Sep 24, 2015
Sweden
Dash Address
XybaxnhtFBih2g4M2F71rWKBt5USzo8R
Any detailed guide How to manually enable trezor wallet with allready running 12.1.1 masternode on vps ?