• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode voting with dash-cli

Amazing

I recently set up a MN, and I have been trying to vote with command line before getting an account at DashWhale. Regardless of whether I vote 'yes' or 'no' I always get the same response in the terminal:

Code:
{
    "overall" : "Voted successfully 0 time(s) and failed 0 time(s).",
    "detail" : {
    }
}

Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Where do you cast the vote from?
Local machine or remote?

I had tried both ways. On local machine I was getting an error message, and couldn't even vote. then I tried remote from the VPS and was getting the message I posted above.

So to confirm you use masternode.conf on your local right?

Please delete all budget.dat mnpayments.dat mncache.dat in your appdata folder and start the client again. Let it synchro all data and cast the vote.

What does the wallet reports?

What does it report when I delete these files and restart the client? And then I should try voting locally? When I try to vote locally like this '
dash-cli mnbudget vote-many e3536048673a9077c30d84b142dc9b9c0eb55eb9b60f0200c27636fd3aa67ce8 yes

I get a 'Method not found (code -32601) error

Code:
mnbudget vote-many e3536048673a9077c30d84b142dc9b9c yes

Use same line without dash-cli

What system do you use?

Thanks Splawik21! That gets it! I'm on Ubuntu 15.10 When I remove the dash-cli I can succesfully vote!

Should I be able to vote remotely over VPS also? Because sometime soon I am going to put the wallet in cold storage.

Move your wallet to cold storage and leave the masternode.conf

When you start the client the wallet.dat will be created - empty one.

You can cast the votes with your empty wallet and with your mastetnode.conf file having your coins secured :)

Hope it explains and calm you now ;)

There's also a timer to prevent spamming votes but I'm fairly sure that gives a clear message and the time remaining, 10 minuets between re-casing a vote iirc.

Back