• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode owners, let's stop voting on dumb sh*t. We need FOCUS.

Please could you provide a hyper-link?
You will not attend the cryptoparty with your private keys! You participate by having several empty_wallets (their public keys) printed in QRcode. During the cryptoparty (which takes place in a closed door room where nobody is allowed to leave until the procedure ends) everyone puts one QRcode wallet in an envelope and then the envelope into a physical ballot box. Then all the wallets are extracted from the ballot box, they are counted, scanned, added in a digital list, and their number is expected of course to be found equal to the number of the attendees. If someone objects that the list of wallets is not equal to the number of attendees, or if he claims that his wallet is not into the list, then the voting is repeated, and until nobody objects (due to the possibility of voting repetition, everyone should have more than one printed QRcode wallets pre-created, so that he can re-vote in case an objection occurs). Finally, when there is no objection, everyone receives the final list of the valid wallets, the door opens and the cryptoparty finishes. All the wallets that are contained in the final valid list, can be considered now as a proof of individuality, that can be used online in the internet. And as long as every single attendee is allowed to object, this is considered as a decentralized (and unanimous) process, isn't it?

For even more decentralization, many similar cryptoparties may be organized in several towns, as long as those cryptoparties are absolutely concurrent, and a web of trust among cryptoparties is established so that all the wallet lists of all the cryptoparties are recognized as proof of individuality. A web of trust among cryptoparties means that all the attendees of a specific cryptoparty sign whatever else cryptoparty they trust it is legitimate. This multi-signature may occur immediately after the creation of the final valid list of wallets, and just before the door opens.

Having your proof of individuality (I remind that you put it into the ballot box, so it is anonymized), you can now claim anonymously in the internet your masternodes, by signing the dash addresses of your masternodes with the private key of your empty_dash_address which you put in the ballot box, during the cryptoparty.

8828b82c7ac1dc5067b2ad794db326b09d986bcf.jpg

You are spreading FUD. Of course it wont happen.
Proof of individuality will strength and tight the community bonds, and make Dash stronger.

Just your point of view. Big money prefer confidence and anonymity. For example as for me i have several MNs but i will not be a verified MNO.

For example this year crypto price explosion. Don't you think it is caused my implementing CRS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Reporting_Standard).
My major investment to crypto was last year when i have seen news that CRS will be implemented. If dash core team even will discuss proof of individuality big stake holders will run away and dash will become one of the long list of cheap shitcoins. Do you want this happen?

Just your point of view. Big money prefer confidence and anonymity. For example as for me i have several MNs but i will not be a verified MNO.

For example this year crypto price explosion. Don't you think it is caused my implementing CRS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Reporting_Standard).
My major investment to crypto was last year when i have seen news that CRS will be implemented. If dash core team even will discuss proof of individuality big stake holders will run away and dash will become one of the long list of cheap shitcoins. Do you want this happen?

You dont understand a fundamental core value of the Dash community. Community and Governance is above financial sovereignty. If you like financial sovereignty more than governance and community, then go to bitcoin, and always fear of forks (like bitcoin-cash).

The above core value of the Dash community is proved by real life examples. Hackers, community and governance, are always stronger than financial sovereignty. Have a look at the paradise papers. Not even queen elizabeth can escape.

Last edited:
You dont understand a fundamental core value of the Dash community. Governance is above financial sovereignty. If you like financial sovereignty more than governance, then go to bitcoin, and always fear of forks (like bitcoin-cash).

Hackers, community and governance, are always stronger than financial sovereignty. Have a look at the paradise papers. Not even queen elizabeth can escape.

There are 4 key features that distinct dash form the others:
1. Private transactions. Here dash sucks. There are competitors that do it much easier.
2. InstantSend. Not sure if we have any competitors but i expect we have.
3. Governance.
4. POS income for MNO.

To my mind major reason why people invest in dash is POS income. They put money and get stable reward.
If dash will push on MN investors to provide "proof of individuality" they will run away. For example ETH plan to implement POS and zk-snarks.
And you will have open community but nobody will bring money to invest in such coin.

There are 4 key features that distinct dash form the others:
1. Private transactions. Here dash sucks. There are competitors that do it much easier.
2. InstantSend. Not sure if we have any competitors but i expect we have.
3. Governance.
4. POS income for MNO.

To my mind major reason why people invest in dash is POS income. They put money and get stable reward.
If dash will push on MN investors to provide "proof of individuality" they will run away. For example ETH plan to implement POS and zk-snarks.
And you will have open community but nobody will bring money to invest in such coin.
There are 4 key features, but if conflict each other, which is the stronger? Governance is stronger than Financial Sovereignty, and you can also prove that by a crypto example. ETH remains stronger in capitalization than ETH-classic (which preserves Financial Sovereignty) . Even the market prefers governance.

If we succeed to excommunicate the spies, they will probably try to buy masternodes again, in order to regain the control of our governance, so Dash's price will increase. Spies have unlimited money, they have already tried to gain the control of Dash's governance in the past, and this is one of the reasons Dash's price boosted (and one of the reasons Dash's governance sucks).
The employers of the spies tremble with fear when they realize that a cryptocoin will occur that will have effective governance, so they want to control it and intercept it, so they buy in order to gain voting rights and vote against whatever proposal is towards the effective governance goal.

This is science. Based on the past, we are trying to predict the future. The spies want to destroy Dash's governance system at all cost! And we can benefit of that. The more REAL spies we excommunicate, the more our profit is.

And we have another case study that proves me right:
Wikipedia excommunicated its spies, in order to became a credible encyclopedia. Lets excommunicate our spies, in order to become a credibly governed coin.
Controversies reported by the media include United States congressional staff editing articles about members of Congress in 2006; Microsoft offering a software engineer money to edit articles on competing code standards in 2007; the PR firm Bell Pottinger editing articles about its clients in 2011; and the discovery in 2012 that British MPs or their staff had removed criticism from articles about those MPs. The media has also written about COI editing by BP, the Central Intelligence Agency, Diebold, Portland Communications, Sony, the Vatican, and several others.
In 2012 Wikipedia launched one of its largest sockpuppet investigations, when editors reported suspicious activity suggesting 250 accounts had been used to engage in paid editing. Wikipedia traced the edits to a firm known as Wiki-PR, and the accounts were banned. In 2015, Operation Orangemoody uncovered another paid-editing scam, in which over 380 accounts were used to extort money from businesses to create and ostensibly protect promotional articles about them.

Last edited:
Then split MN ownership fee to allow more new players come aboard. "proof of individuality" is a bullshit in crypto world. What will be the next proposal? Upload ID to use dash?

That's one of the features of Evolution. A "savings account" that automatically gets a share of a masternode, and much discussion about including proportional voting as well. So, we're working on it.

As a short term workaround, you can buy a share of a Masternode now with a couple of trusted community members. I believe 25 Dash is the minimum.

Well, @demo , by definition a fresh noobie doesn't have any posts yet. I am trying to introduce @Teague. I thought that his ideas might interest you.

Thanks @DashingDude I'm still trying to get to grips with all the jargon and i think you misunderstood my ideas, Anonymity needs to be kept for the survival of DASH and reading the posts about voting, If one person can cast many votes just by having many wallets then that won't be a true reflection of the communities decisions. As I'm not a programmer have no idea how proof of individuality can be attained without sacrificing anonymity.

What is the general rule of the masternode during voting?Exсept of promotion...Its quite chaotic

Well, a good general rule of thumb, is vote yes for everything, unless you object or think its a scam. I am going to get soooooo much abuse for this.

You have to remember that any changes have to be voted up by the masternode holders themselves. Having fees to vote or proof of identity (or of indivdulaity, or anything else) being required is surely not going to pass. I wouldn't vote for it. What we need is a committee who get paid to advertise our presence, attract proposals, help them through, and hold them to account. We should be chasing proposals, not charging $5000 for the pleasure of being allowed to be considered!

You have to remember that any changes have to be voted up by the masternode holders themselves. Having fees to vote or proof of identity (or of indivdulaity, or anything else) being required is surely not going to pass. I wouldn't vote for it. What we need is a committee who get paid to advertise our presence, attract proposals, help them through, and hold them to account. We should be chasing proposals, not charging $5000 for the pleasure of being allowed to be considered!

But if the project is realy interesting? But its not enough votes...and everything is ok with all identifications, what to do next?))

Back