• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode.me not upgraded to 16

wizzard.ng

Hello I have a masternode with masternode.me and I upgraded the collateral wallet to 16 many days ago but the masternode is still 15. Do I need to run some command to upgrade it too?

If masternode.me is hosting your masternode then the upgrade needs to be done there. You don't need to sign anything or take further action from your end (although you should really be using a hardware wallet, particularly since you just announced to everyone that you are running a software wallet for masternode collateral).

I suggest email to try and contact moocowmoo.

Thank you I will try to contact him. Does anyone else use masternode.me? Are all of those masternodes still 15? Should I change to a different one?
Which hardware wallet should I get?

moocowmoo has been difficult to reach for some time now, and I'm not sure about the upgrade status of the nodes under his management. I would recommend looking into other masternode hosting service: https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/hosting.html

For hardware wallets, Trezor and Ledger are both well supported. You should be able to sign a message with your owner key to nominate a new operator for the masternode, or generate new keys using DMT: https://github.com/Bertrand256/dash-masternode-tool

I think Trezor and Ledger both support DASH, it comes down to which you prefer.
I suggest you host your own masternode, I have guides on how to do that. If this is really not possible for you, allnodes is doing a good job of hosting dash masternodes these days.

i tried to contact moocow as well via email
no answer (i do not know any other way to contact him)

Thank you I will let everyone here know if he emails me or if my node gets upgraded. I am sure there are many masternodes stuck at 15.

i tried to contact moocow as well via email
no answer (i do not know any other way to contact him)

I think Ryan Taylor got moocowmoo attention previous time. Maybe he can help out ? It would also be in his interest to get those nodes on v0.16 as soon as possible.
I also wonder how many masternodes are still up and running through masternode.me ? Is that still a significant number of masternodes ?

Last edited:
I think Ryan Taylor got moocowmoo attention previous time. Maybe he can help out ? It would also be in his interest to get those nodes on v0.16 as soon as possible.
I also wonder how many masternodes are still up and running through masternode.me ? Is that still a significant number of masternodes ?

he cant not
lost contact there as well as we all did (moo changed phone # and email address)
i doubt it is that big of a number, not sure how many he has personal though

I have a partial MN with Moocow and payments continue to come in but he has been unresponsive for years. Been trying for so long to get my dash back but he has never responded. Each payment I get just helps a little to repair the loss. Recouped 20% of the initial amount so far, seems like this update will kill that stream.. Not sure what happened to Moocow but this is the risk of using a 3rd party.
MN = https://bitinfocharts.com/dash/address/Xjvh5hH9T2VZuByuA3qMV2CFp8Swbx5T5f

Last edited:
I have a partial MN with Moocow and payments continue to come in but he has been unresponsive for years. Been trying for so long to get my dash back but he has never responded. Each payment I get just helps a little to repair the loss. Recouped 20% of the initial amount so far, seems like this update will kill that stream.. Not sure what happened to Moocow but this is the risk of using a 3rd party.

I too saw payments come in from a masternode share until 2 months ago. Maybe Moocow is just super AFK and will eventually process emails containing withdrawal requests or maybe he's gone for good.

Back