• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode keeps going inactive

m4dh4tter

I got myself a masternode 5 weeks ago feeling happy about the investmeent and the opportunity to pay back to the community.
First two weeks all went fine, but in the last three weeks my masternode have gone inactive four times, without getting any rewards. I use the vultre service. i have followed TAO's guide both when installing and updating to 0.12.2.
Does anyone have any advice for me to get the masternode working properly, or should I just sell my 1000 DASH and invest it elsewhere?

Also, if you're running vultr's 512 mb RAM vps, you need to upgrade to at least 1 GB ram (2 GB to be safe). My masternode is using 707 mb of ram right now. If your vps runs out of ram it will crash.

You should also setup a SWAP partition, i won't go into detail here 'cause i'm certain someone online has explained it a lot better than i ever could, just google it :)

Thanks for the tips. I have upgraded to 2GB RAM and version 0.12.2.1. Also did setup a swap file.

masternode up and running for 30 minutes and counting...

Is there documentation about how to set up and read the log files that the node generates? That would help troubleshoot problems like this.

For example, my sentinel-cron.log contains no time stamps, which severely limits its usefulness. I see a lot of this in there:
Code:
[Errno 111] Connection refused
Cannot connect to dashd. Please ensure dashd is running and the JSONRPC port is open to Sentinel.
but can't tell how old those are.

debug.log shows e.g.
Code:
CGovernanceObject::CheckOrphanVotes -- Failed to add orphan vote: GOVERNANCE_EXCEPTION_WARNING:CGovernanceObject::ProcessVote -- Masternode index not found

Are there options to turn on more or less verbose logging? Time stamps? Are those sentinel error numbers explained somewhere? Is there documentation about the different possible log entries?

Back