• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Master node question

ErrorId

Is it possible to use a windows wallet to promote a master node running on Linux and then shut down the windows machine? Or something to that effect.

I had mine closed and received a transaction, I opened it and I received the coins.

Could a dev please confirm that this is correct and not just a fluke, it seems almost to good to be true. What's to stop you from going offline except over LAN manually connecting to your other client sending the same 1000 to another wallet which you use to set up another masternode then going back offline and repeating indefinitely?

edit: nvm that'd show up in block chain. Still I'd like confirmation because if this is correct it's super secure.

Could a dev please confirm that this is correct and not just a fluke, it seems almost to good to be true. What's to stop you from going offline except over LAN manually connecting to your other client sending the same 1000 to another wallet which you use to set up another masternode then going back offline and repeating indefinitely?

edit: nvm that'd show up in block chain. Still I'd like confirmation because if this is correct it's super secure.
There must be something we are not understanding because Evan has explicitly said that it needs to be online.

Back