• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mandatory : All users must update to v0.11.1.x

We still do NOT have a MAC Wallet
+ I have no idea how to reindex
(my incoming transfer is still stuck on the same block ?!?!)
Erase Blockchain and peer and start again ?!
--reindex does NOT tell me anything.

Can I please get a Idiot Translation !
Tx

We still do NOT have a MAC Wallet
+ I have no idea how to reindex
(my incoming transfer is still stuck on the same block ?!?!)
Erase Blockchain and peer and start again ?!
--reindex does NOT tell me anything.

Can I please get a Idiot Translation !
Tx
Mac OS wallet is on download page...
https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.7-osx.dmg
Or am I missing smth?

To reindex on Mac OS open Terminal and run
Code:
/Applications/Darkcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Darkcoin-Qt -reindex

Finished, was stuck like some of the others, did a --reindex and everything is fancy now. Nice work Devs, lets hope this goes smoothly, Almost 50% of MN are on .11, and about 25% of those on .11.0.7. Would be* nice to get 1 solid color on the drk.mn chart :)

Usually updates are a race, even when unimportant. But now we get one of the most important ones, and it's mandatory, and we still can't break 50% 48 hours after the mark?

This is why some people shouldn't run masternodes. They don't really care. They barely know how. They're not even paying attention... Some updates need to punt old versions, maybe getting no more payments will get their attention?

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually updates are a race, even when unimportant. But now we get one of the most important ones, and it's mandatory, and we still can't break 50% 48 hours after the mark?

This is why some people shouldn't run masternodes. They don't really care. They barely know how. They're not even paying attention... Some updates need to punt old versions, maybe getting no more payments will get their attention?

v11 was supposed to be compatible with v10 and just an update to Bitcoin codebase.
It was just announced this morning as a hard fork mandatory update because of unforeseen problems.
Perhaps next time (for once) a schedule to update should be put in place instead of sneaking to mainnet and hoping for the best,

v11 was supposed to be compatible with v10 and just an update to Bitcoin codebase.
It was just announced this morning as a hard fork mandatory update because of unforeseen problems.
Perhaps next time (for once) a schedule to update should be put in place instead of sneaking to mainnet and hoping for the best,

It seems obvious in hindsight, but hindsight has happened a few times so that isn't really an excuse anymore.

There were changes to more than just the bitcoin codebase, which included some of the ways that blocks/votes were verified. These were improvement and were a good thing. But disagreement was inevitable. Seems obvious that some kind of disparity would arise when there are two different verification processes on the network at once... At some point, there's going to be a disagreement... You don't have to be that smart to figure it out. Run the code through diff... One can forgive a dev for having a lot on his plate. I do. But the dumb-masses only see "Oh, DRK fuxored up again. I hate having to know stuffs! DRK is fail for making me have an IQ above 50..."

...which is why I've been harping on this since 0.11.0.4... I pretty much ignore the forums since all that happens is people trying to take cheap shots at me. Why expose myself to trash when I damn well know what's going to happen? I hate to turn into a snob but fuck, I'm starting to realize the benefit of having one's nose in the air and why some people do it... I didn't want to come out and say "there's gonna be a fuckup if you don't update fast," but I've been harping on it for a reason and taking the risk of exposing myself to the beta-trolls because it was more important than my personal desire to not get any of "them" on me...

Now that Evan said it, I'm willing to say it... But it's kinda sad that now that it's open source, people still don't look at it... I've pointed it out before and only got dogpiled by the illiterate looking to make a name for themselves...

Toljaso...

I was running 0.11 on mainnet the second Evan said "it works" for a reason... I don't think anyone would have even noticed this if the move to 0.11 had happened as fast as every other update... We should be at 80%+ by now with the slowpokes complaining and being told "well duh, you should update already" instead of lamenting a fork...

The MANDATORY updates should disallow rewards to Older version masternodes! That would get the owners of MN to pay attention and upgrade their systems faster.....

Mac OS wallet is on download page...
https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.7-osx.dmg
Or am I missing smth?

To reindex on Mac OS open Terminal and run
Code:
/Applications/Darkcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Darkcoin-Qt -reindex

You are a superstar !
Thank you dark brother,
i am back on track, everything is fine and transfer settled (confirmed) in !
look at that face : :grin:

Edit: look again: :smile::grin::smile:

anything changed in the code since yesterday? I posted that upgrading wallet on my pool caused blocks not being accepted. How can I be sure now it will not happen anymore?

yes - I did update yesterday and I had few messages in stratum server that blocks were rejected by daemon... In wallet debug.log I saw messages that masternode payee cannot be found (or similar) and blocks were not accepted at all.

EDIT: I had to revert to previous version then

explorers are on 205131 and my nodes are on 205140 already

edit: reindexing, looks like something is wrong again.

I believe official explorer is on right chain: 205155
Chainz is on 205131 - 40 min without block

just to make sure that all information from peers are on correct forks, I understand that we can minimize the fork getting wrong information from older version peers by manually checking the peer info (getpeerinfo) and kill connection with those outdated version by ourselves because reindex is taking too much resources.

just to make sure that all information from peers are on correct forks, I understand that we can minimize the fork getting wrong information from older version peers by manually checking the peer info (getpeerinfo) and kill connection with those outdated version by ourselves because reindex is taking too much resources.

Ok but ins't there a chance they eventually re-peer until the old ones are updated?

Also how can you get a list of IP still on 70051 using peerinfo? its a long list of peers...

i'm down to one connection every time I kill it a new 0.10 MN connects. I'm still trying to find someone on 70052 for my last connection.

Not sure it was the best way but I increased my terminal history and then copied it all to my text editor and found the 70051 and used tcpkill host <IP>

EDIT: After some persistence I have 256 connections on 70052

Ok but ins't there a chance they eventually re-peer until the old ones are updated?

Also how can you get a list of IP still on 70051 using peerinfo? its a long list of peers...

Yes, they will re-peer.
Yes, use getpeerinfo. :)
This is just my understanding with my current solution to keep my wallet away from reindex process.

Back