Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Losing faith in DRK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BelStar, Aug 31, 2014.

1. JGCMiner

JGCMiner Moderator

So because the team is not moving exactly the way you want them to means you rant?

The foundation has been announced and it has been stated that details are coming in the future. The core team has a section on this forum and it takes one glance to see what they are working on. (That is OB integration and the website, btw).

There is no point in putting a lot of effort into real life uses if the tech is not finished and it is just now being finished. To a certain extent one can move in parallel and that IS what is happening.

Either do something constructive as a community member or petition to join the dev team. In other words, actually contribute rather than complaining like somebody owes you something. At the very least state specific examples of what is wrong AND how it should be better. You know, constructive criticism.

I want foundation details NOW and the core team is not working on the things I want them to... doesn't count.

#91 JGCMiner, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ignition75

Ignition75 Active Member

Exactly!

I wouldn't go live right now either, I wouldn't approach a single merchant or spend a cent on marketing just yet.

It would be a missed opportunity to seek adoption until we had a finished product, we only get 1 shot at this.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Hence my previous posts, thoroughly agree - we get one shot at a polished finished product to make the impression....dont drip feed things saying the wallet GUI, website etc will come down the track so we could open source earlier....do it once, do it right. Be the whole package.

Edit: I hope Evan will provide his thoughts on these discussions to understand his motives for open source launch.

#93 Stealth923, Sep 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. falsealarm_bf

falsealarm_bf New Member

JGCMiner, where in my post did I say I was disappointed because what "I wanted" was not happening? I listed past past progress and complained about the lack of it due to some bad decision making. And where do you come up with this "unfinished" product argument? This is not a dining room table, and we are not a retail store who needs to display final product. Evan has been working in a de-facto "agile" development mode since the beginning anyway. Who also says we get "one shot at this"? If that is in fact the case, then we lost when DRK wallet was released because we are "live" and have been so for the last several months. These arguments are appropriate for someone fresh out of school or have not business or development background.

5. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

Someone said I didn't reply to the exact points brought up. I hope this helps.

- Me and flare talk outside of Darkcointalk. The rc4 launch was not a hardfork and couldn't fail. Plus as the main developer, I have rollback plans already. Remember I rolled back RC2/RC3?

- Reduced scope? RC4 was a complete rewrite of Darksend. Release candidates aren't suppose to have new code unless it's absolutely necessary and the new way Darksend works was just too good not to implement it in. It was such a large ticket item that it shifted the entire release and it became impossible to test the voting system in the given time. Enforcement in any form is the most risky thing we can do and we have 80%+ payments currently. This isn't a high priority and can be done later. Why delay the entire launch of Darksend by a month or more just to gain 15-20% masternode payments? People were itching to have RC4 on mainnet and I knew it worked, so we launched.

- Flare isn't a programmer.

- Unknown? When upgrading an encrypted wallet from 100 to 1000 sized keypool, sometimes they became corrupted. This was only a problem between v28 and v31. Also it only affected one wallet. In v32 users are prompted to move funds to a new wallet if they're possibly at risk.

• Like Like x 11
  6. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

tx evan for taking out the time to talk through these technical details !!

7. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer

A couple more answers:

I'm going to kick older protocol versions off of the network with RC5. We should be able to get 90%+ because of this. This is also another reason enforcement isn't needed right now, I'd like to try this first.

I haven't heard for DRKLord in awhile, however I heard he's really ill. I'll reach out to him and made sure he's OK.

• Like Like x 9
  8. raze

raze King of the Morlocks
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
    What's the status of InternetApe? Is he still part of the dev team?

• Like Like x 6
  9. stonehedge

stonehedge Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Ed...maybe a weekly Q&A session might be in order? It doesn't even have to be you doing it. Maybe one of the mods could collate questions, send them to the dev team and post responses back here.

EDIT: It seems that every time you post here the price on mintpal goes up ;)

#99 stonehedge, Sep 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  10. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

This is, by far, the best idea regarding "promotional activities" for Darkcoin.

This reinforces a need for open communication channels. Like in any other realm, with the high price comes respect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. stonehedge

stonehedge Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

[​IMG]

But seriously, the Darkcoin Foundation will have plenty of much better things up their sleeve than this for the future. I just worry that there is a gap now.

12. Coins101

Coins101 New Member

Bitcoin was updated recently, but its still in Beta - after nearly 6 years in the public.

I also seem to remember that Satoshi identified anonymity issues in 2010, but they are still working on a solution.

13. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

Thanks Evan for addressing the questions.

14. vertoe

vertoe Three of Nine

So do you want me to collect questions which will be answered by evan regulary in a dedicated thread?

A nonstopongoing EVAN-AMA?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Stealth923

Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Perfect :)

16. moli

moli Grizzled Member

LOL..... Hahaha....
    Vertoe, Evan needs to brand his own "Evan Action Figure" and have it manufactured (in China) with recording of answers to every question, so if someone needs an answer or a reminder, all they have to do is crank it up. :)
    He'll make a fortune for selling his own action figure, he's such a celeb in the crypto community now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. LonnieDRR

LonnieDRR Member

Nobody should be losing faith in DRK. People are just too impatient. She's on the move now! Steady UP UP UP
    Almost tripled my investment from when i bought more DRK at 0.0030 last month.