• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Logo discussion

That's a really pretty design, but, possible to make it look a tiny bit less like a swastika?
i am german and i dislike the swastika-design very much - i haven't seen this together - the only common things are the "4" lines coming from outside
yeah, but another design is maybe better - with only 3 lines coming from outside to have more randomness in the design of darksend
darkcoin_3_2_2.png

There is one other detail also. I hate to be a bore, but remember that DarkSend uses a capital S.
hey, have you realized, that my "D" is set and designed as a small letter "d" same as the "s"
i don't like the upper-cases - they are HORRIBLE ;)

Edit: maybe i have to work at the "s"-design again - it is not optimal now - but it depends on the future-vote for the new logo

hey, have you realized, that my "D" is set and designed as a small letter "d" same as the "s"

Edit: maybe i have to work at the "s"-design again - it is not optimal now - but it depends on the future-vote for the new logo
But your "E" is in uppercase.

i specified the logo by integrating the idea of darksend - not only the letter "d" is the logo but the future-fact that there are different ways to come in and different ways to go out - but you never know it exactly - it's private --> darksend is the heart of darkcoinView attachment 28

Yes, I had a feeling it was done intentionally as part of the design. Fair enough.

I thought I would point it out, just in case you didn't realise.

Nice work Schwede65, could you try to make the other two lines that don't form the d a little darker, maybe a grey colour or a lighter blue then the rest of the logo? As they are now they take a bit of focus away from the d.

now we have a better "e" and "s"
LOL you may just take the bounty on this... What if each of the other to "wings" of the d were a different color, possibly from the same pallet as the coin?

ZUadjPu.png

Actually, as I look at it, that might be harder than I think. But you are much better at this than I am...

Nice work Schwede65, could you try to make the other two lines that don't form the d a little darker, maybe a grey colour or a lighter blue then the rest of the logo? As they are now they take a bit of focus away from the d.
here is another suggestion
darkcoin_3_2_4.png

I made it a bit less cartoonish and with more colour and also experimented with a couple of different tones.

192079156002a47ceaa778f41ac530259db071fb.png

192079149add207dd50042325f403fa1b50e127e.png

i specified the logo by integrating the idea of darksend - not only the letter "d" is the logo but the future-fact that there are different ways to come in and different ways to go out - but you never know it exactly - it's private --> darksend is the heart of darkcoinView attachment 28
I'm going to submit a variation of this to the Darksend logo thread. Hope you don't mind.

That's a really pretty design, but, possible to make it look a tiny bit less like a swastika?
No, it doesn't look like a swastika! (damn Nazis ruined a really cool design, shit heads) But maybe if you made the part that is the 'd' slightly shaded would both enhance the idea while killing the similarities?

Edit, the way you shaded the logo so it looks spherical does the job for me, I really like that. I don't like the 3 version, but might like it ok if they were in equal 3rds still making d's

Last edited by a moderator:
So how will the logo selection process work?
So, this is what I'm thinking for the selection process:

Day 1. Post all the designs for people to look at & discuss.
Day 2. Post a draft subset of these that I've narrowed down for the first vote (people can debate inclusions/exclusions).
Day 3. Start of vote 1, which will be open for 48 hrs. Vote 1 will include the preselected subset with modifications based on discussion on day 2.
Day 5. Depending on how close vote 1 is, a final 48 hr vote may be called with the top x number of submissions.

I think I will officially retain the right to veto & call re-votes, in case democracy-by-online-poll goes horribly wrong, although I don't anticipate that happening.

Open to suggestions regarding this process.

Back