• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Localbitcoins features

anyway, acidburn , I don't know if you're interested in such a project but what if you helped on the idea of a decentralized exchange? The way I see it, we could build a new node network, it would hook into Dash via the API, if it needs hashing to work, and these nodes would run just like in Dash but they would service the exchange. They would exchange crypto to crypto only, as it's the only thing I can see doing this way, and for fiat, that could be taken care of with a marketplace that is either on a completely different node system or the same node system. this way. Thus, the exchange and the market place would charge very small fees while accepting a large range of coins. Of course the fees are paid out to the nodes just as they are to the MN network, it would work exactly the same way, just in parallel.

https://dashtalk.org/threads/pre-proposal-discussion-openbazaar-dash-integration.6379/
https://dashtalk.org/threads/p2p-ex...-to-help-with-code-review-and-estimates.6879/

Evan has stated he doesn't want this to be inside DashCore, but certainly supports this, as we all know it's essential. And if we could build a team to work on this and hash out ideas and how to make it work, we might be ready to start coding when Evolution's DAPI comes out. This goes for you too, cas unless you are planing on a private venture :)

In my best Aragorn impersonation, I ask you "What say you!?" :)

If you guys are willing to make a team, we should start a thread or make a spot on IRC or something to have a place to work/talk :) (nice how I slip myself in there, eh?) Or you can do it in private and lock me out, ROFLMAO :)

To say it's a "huge advantage to those with the most funds" is to say what exactly? Do you also propose that the dash protocol also work in percentages to "fix" these advantages / disadvantages you imagine? Should we no longer sing the virtue of near-flat fees in crypto?

But yeah, if you're going to propose carefully selected bad examples to make your case, then of course it makes sense to you.

Tier structures can be fair and reasonable. As are other models of operation, such as paying for blocks of work.

As a business, maybe you charge in percentage and nothing but bad luck brings low volume... is that because of the percentage rate or something else in the market, such as disinteres? What if the volume is normal but the transactions larger than normal? ... was that too down to your carefully selected percentage rates or, again, due to something else in the market? You think you're gaining when the market is up, but equally you've got lost potential when the market is down.

In your world, there would never be flat fee transport prices because the people traveling a short distance are being overcharged... but let me tell you, London works just fine that way.

Just updating here our development of a localdash service is steady under way. It is taking longer than initially expected however we are winning.
With any luck we may release in a 6 weeks.

tx for the update
no need to rush into this , do your thing , take your time
6 weeks is nothing (ready for spring)
:wink:
super excited

Just updating here our development of a localdash service is steady under way. It is taking longer than initially expected however we are winning.
Cool. What do you guys think about a possibility of moving localdash to ZeroNet in future? It could bring no blocking and no censorship features to it.

That would be awesome news!
Looking forward to see your results and test the as well.

Hi!
How is it going?
Very interested to use this kind of service.

(But my several projects have failed because of this kind of waterfall style development... It's not wise to code for months without a release. Just start with something very simple in LIVE, make updates every week... it makes a big difference in my experience.)
Hope You get the service up soon! :)

I would soooooooo use a LBC for Dash. I have used LBC quite a lot, actually -- not as a career buyer or seller, but just to convert between crypto and fiat without using banks or ID. (I have no bank account, and I don't like giving out ID).

I have purchased fiat from LBC in the mail (yes, really, cash in the mail) as well as multiple gift card codes. @cas and @acidburn, as far as architecture ideas, I also had a good experience with buying BTC from WallofCoins.com. They do escrow and all that, just with a different-feeling process. WallofCoins is also simpler than LBC.

Thanks and good luck. I'd support this for funding, too.

Yes the system has escrow, pgp encrypted messaging and emails.
2-FA
It's been a long build, email issues will be solved very soon.
With any luck this makes dash more accessible across the globe.

Excellent! The escrow system is the killing feature, IMO. It should be announced right in the home page. Congratulations for your work!

What would be a reasonable fee if I were to offer fiat in exchange for DASH for persons needing instant greenbacks?
...Considering perhaps an hour, including travel time by automobile, for a meet & greet to conduct the affair at a public hotspot ???
Obviously, I have no experience with this...
rc

Hi Guys email registration issues are fixed so DashNearby is fully operational :) please have brows through and if you find any issues or major features we should be working on let me know so I can get onto them.
This project is still a baby and has a lot a features to come, I hope you all enjoy the use of https://dashnearby.com

What would be a reasonable fee if I were to offer fiat in exchange for DASH for persons needing instant greenbacks?
...Considering perhaps an hour, including travel time by automobile, for a meet & greet to conduct the affair at a public hotspot ???
Obviously, I have no experience with this...
rc
Hi this all depends on your situation competition in your area and if you are looking to be a long term trader or a one off trader.
in general long term traders I know on localbitcoins work off a 3-6% but trade high volumes making it quite lucrative.

Back