• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

List of future development ideas

1. What if we can provide something like DNS service based on masternodes which converts wallet addresses to unique names/accounts. Not every address of course, only on your wish. It'll be so easier to send coins to something familiar..

2. What if we can provide F2A for a wallet passphrase to unlock and send coins?

Have one crazy idea…

Now all new DRKs shared to: 80% to Miners (for securing Darkcoin) + 20% to Masternodes (for anonimizing Darkcoin).
And 0% to promote the coin. But all enterprises spend huge percentage of their budget for promotion…

What if we create new 5-10% share for «Promoters» (for PROMOTING Darkcoin) - It is also very important and complex and costly part of project- so just several enthusiasts are not enough to to make this job effectively.

The standard decentralized way is to use technology of affiliate programs: «Promoters» advertise Darkcoin’s site with their ID-links and all wallet’s downloads with their ID’s give them reward and so on… But there may be too many problems with cheaters, spammers, botnets and so on…

So the other simplified way will be just send this promo-fund to Darkcoin’s foundation for regular systematic promotion like «This week every students of X-University will receive 1 DRK», «Next week will be competition «best youtube DRK-video»» and so on.

Just an idea - hope somebody will discuss and improve it.

What if we create new 5-10% share for «Promoters» (for PROMOTING Darkcoin) - It is also very important and complex and costly part of project- so just several enthusiasts are not enough to to make this job effectively.
You might want to look up Memorycoin2 and will evantually find out how hard they failed.

I liked the idea, every 20th block was dedicated to a voted represantive who gets 5% of the earnings of the mining rewards. But it was killed by greed, everyone wanted to get hands on the free coins and people were hating each other for being outvoted. I have never met such a community filled with hate again. Not sure if this coin still exists. It was a good idea and interesting implementation. But I strongly vote agains this idea.

We need good Darkcoin mobile apps like Blockchain.info app for iPhone and android. That we people can pay for goods and services in private sales and services from their smart phones. I love the Blockchain app and how it syncs with the web wallet.

the future feature I most want to see is anonymous messages.
I want to be able to send and recieve messages in my darkcoin wallet. No need to specify any usernames, just send a message to any DRK address.
Every message costs a small amount of DRK, probably just the standard TX fee, to make the calculation easy.
It would be great if I just could use the darkcoind directly to send messages, no need for the wallet per se.

I want to be able to send and recieve messages in my darkcoin wallet. No need to specify any usernames, just send a message to any DRK address.
Every message costs a small amount of DRK, probably just the standard TX fee, to make the calculation easy.
It would be great if I just could use the darkcoind directly to send messages, no need for the wallet per se.
I agree with you 100%
Every time i send drks theres some communication going with it. What good is anonymous transactions if youre sitting there spelling it all out in plain text.
Plus, encrypted chat is a worthy service all by itself that id be willing to spend drks on.

That's actually not hard to implement, let me draft something.

I agree with you 100%
Every time i send drks theres some communication going with it. What good is anonymous transactions if youre sitting there spelling it all out in plain text.
Plus, encrypted chat is a worthy service all by itself that id be willing to spend drks on.
Exactly. I want to create software products and sell them for darkcoins. I don't want the users to have to register on my site. I don't want to do any of that KYC (Know your customer) crap.
I just want to give the user an address, wait for the payment, and automatically send him a download-link or serial number when the payment has arrived.
FUCK KYC.

That's actually not hard to implement, let me draft something.
Please do so, I am looking forward to your draft.
For me personally, this would be the most important feature I would need for my upcoming darkcoin related business.
It would make everything easier for me and my customers...

A problem could be, how can I answer anonymously to someone who didn't reveal his DRK address?
Meaning: how can I answer anonymously to someone anonymous?

Suppose I let someone buy a product anonymously on my website. So he just payed me some DRK anonymously, and now expects me to send him a serialnumber or something.
But I do not know his send address, because he used Darksend.

I would have to insist that he gives me atleast some kind of information (or not use darksend), so I know where to send the serial number, right?

So together with the anonymous payment he would need to send me his email- adress or something, or his anonymous DRK mail account, or whatever, so I can know where to answer....

A problem could be, how can I answer anonymously to someone who didn't reveal his DRK address?
Meaning: how can I answer anonymously to someone anonymous?

Suppose I let someone buy a product anonymously on my website. So he just payed me some DRK anonymously, and now expects me to send him a serialnumber or something.
But I do not know his send address, because he used Darksend.

I would have to insist that he gives me atleast some kind of information (or not use darksend), so I know where to send the serial number, right?

So together with the anonymous payment he would need to send me his email- adress or something, or his anonymous DRK mail account, or whatever, so I can know where to answer....
Buyer sends you a DRK address along with payment. Simple enough if/when messaging gets built into the wallet. Problem solved?

Buyer sends you a DRK address along with payment. Simple enough if/when messaging gets built into the wallet. Problem solved?

It would be great if we could get messages standardized in a way.
Something like JSON:

{"comment":"Hello, I like to purchase your product.","replyto":"XtAdMy5nSxArut6rKKLQXxm84rpJNipXib"}

Just missing the encryption.
Yes, but we would need some kind of format, so I don't need to guess what part of the message his reply address is.
What I am talking about is that within the wallet, there will be somekind of formating, like in an email software. Different input fields, for different things:
Think: subject, comment, replyto.
Ofcourse before this is sent, it will be encrypted.

Still the totally awesomest thing would be if somehow the user could pay me anonymously, and I could answer him anonymously, without me knowing anything at all about the customer, not even his return address. So the network would know who to answer without any participant knowing who it is... and I question if this would even make sense... because wouldn't this put in doubt the whole anonymization process?

Still the totally awesomest thing would be if somehow the user could pay me anonymously, and I could answer him anonymously, without me knowing anything at all about the customer, not even his return address. So the network would know who to answer without any participant knowing who it is... and I question if this would even make sense... because wouldn't this put in doubt the whole anonymization process?
Knowing the return address isn't problematic, it's just a one-time throwaway pubkey, there are 2^160 of them, we're not going to run out anytime soon. And the 2^160 space can be easily extended anyway. Some inbuilt mechanism to ensure they aren't ever re-used would be good though.

Back