LINUX Wallet Download / Installation Guide:

rustycase

Apr 19, 2016
Tnx Buster !
Battling w/ crashing lt right now. Switching to another, better machine. Running fedora today, from usb...
Best
rc

methusaleh

Mar 25, 2016
Thanks to UdjinM6 for the magical computer incantations - for a moment there I actually felt like I understood Linux!

Yep whoever said all Linux users are tech savvy hadn't met me !

Reactions: tungfa

BITCOINDENMARK

May 23, 2014
Denmark
dashpay.dk
Dash Address
Xn5mLjodJ2m2kfSNnqGZAeufQxbqfYLfbh
After this;

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dash.org/dash
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install dashd dash-qt

How to start it ? what is the command ?

fible1

Dash Core Team
Masternode Owner/Operator
May 11, 2014
cd into the dash bin folder, then ./dash-qt

Pablo.

mbgnkmp2

Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys! I was trying to use DASH Core and make its blockchain and wallet directory be shared between Windows (being held in C:/DASH) and ArchLinux (which would then access the C: directory in order to load the blocks). It goes really smooth when I open it up on Arch, but upon returning to Windows it crashes. Has anyone met with the same issue here and found a way around it?

eerygarden

Feb 13, 2017

5) Encrypting the Dash Wallet

After fully synchronizing with the Dash network it's highly advisable to encrypt your Dash wallet with a password. Using a password you have never used before and is impossible to guess is the safest way to go with. Please review the Strong Password Ubuntu Documentation to ensure you safety even further.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/StrongPasswords

Note: Make sure to keep your password safe somewehre so you will never lose it or get it stolen.

To encrypt your wallet click "Settings" and click "Encrypt Wallet...".

Now it should ask for a passphrase, enter your password in both fields and click "OK". It will ask for a confirmation, click "Yes".

At this point the wallet will be encrypting itself so don't click anything. When it's finished you will see this notification screen. Please read and understand it and than click OK.

The Dash Wallet will close, you can start it again by clicking the Dash-qt file.
Your wallet is now encrypted (hopefully with a strong password). Remember to save your password in a safe place, without it you will be able to access your funds.
Once I have completed step 5 and encrypted the wallet where does the encrypted wallet get saved? Dash-QT closed and I reopened it, but I'm none the wiser to where the encrypted wallet is. I chose default file structure when first running dash-qt and I can see in this guide that it says this is in the home dir, but I've looked in there and can't see anything relevant.

Also when selecting backup wallet from the client, is this unencrypted when you save it? I noticed that I could not opt to save on my usb disk, only the local computer. Is this normal?