• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Let's get thinking

acidburn

Well, it should be titled let's get off our arse but many of us can't do that so... Let's get thinking in the hope that it will inspire more of us

So we've had instantX for the almost a year now but we've only had 1 actual real world implementation. I can only fathom that we've only had one because we had a community lack inspiration.

This thread is here to try and encourage us to think what could instantX be used for. Then inspire us to get into action. We don't need merchants before we build. We need to build, demonstrate and then the merchants will come.

So, instantX. What will you do with it?

Well, it should be titled let's get off our arse but many of us can't do that so... Let's get thinking in the hope that it will inspire more of us

So we've had instantX for the almost a year now but we've only had 1 actual real world implementation. I can only fathom that we've only had one because we had a community lack inspiration.

This thread is here to try and encourage us to think what could instantX be used for. Then inspire us to get into action. We don't need merchants before we build. We need to build, demonstrate and then the merchants will come.

So, instantX. What will you do with it?

I honestly want to travel and just educate people, but at this point I know the proposal would fail so badly.

So I'm trying to break down the features of Dash into smaller chunks that have real world applications, organize that information into a small easy to digest format and go out hanging in Seattle where people can go find out on their own accord what Dash is, I simply want to plant the seed.

I also hoped to host all of this stuff online, so anyone anywhere can utilize it.

Same thing they've been doing for almost a year. Nothing.

Not everyone is a tinkerer though.

Some people need to be directed, actually most people need this.

So lets provide it!

I honestly feel IX in a POS setting is the #1 thing to be worried about.

But if we wanted to stop arguing for a second maybe we could figure out other applications? Get people off their asses to help even...

I'd also like to see IX installed in a video game (mobile app/website) setting where you can instantly be reward for certain things in the game, as opposed to these shitty in-game tokens currently in use everywhere.

I honestly feel IX in a POS setting is the #1 thing to be worried about.

But if we wanted to stop arguing for a second maybe we could figure out other applications? Get people off their asses to help even...
I've already got a plan for every contingency I can think of. Always be prepared. Was nobody else here in the Boy Scouts? Anyway. Nobody wants it. They went and scared of the businesses I was already talking to by acting like a bunch of brats. Still doing it and getting worse! They think they're lashing out at me, but they're only hurting themselves. They've burned this bridge in the name of pride and arrogance.

I've already got a plan for every contingency I can think of. Always be prepared. Was nobody else here in the Boy Scouts? Anyway. Nobody wants it. They went and scared of the businesses I was already talking to by acting like a bunch of brats. Still doing it and getting worse! They think they're lashing out at me, but they're only hurting themselves. They've burned this bridge in the name of pride and arrogance.

I feel your sentiment, but as with everything else, this community will have its ups and downs. It's bad moments and its great ones. Don't let them bring you down.

I feel your sentiment, but as with everything else, this community will have its ups and downs. It's bad moments and its great ones. Don't let them bring you down.
Oh, I'm not. That Southern Cross 31 I've been coveting still hasn't been sold! If I can get the broker back on the horn...

i made this thread with the intention of spoon feeding ideas to those who aren't visionaries.

Business, successful ones come from those who can vision a different future from the current one and set about to bring change. They have a light bulb moment but it's taken me a while to figure this out. Call me dumb or whatever. I don't care. I've discovered this and now acted on it.

Let's make this thread about ideas. You don't have to have the skill set. That's what the voting system is for! Let's see vision here. Let's see ideas. Let's brainstorm. Let's actually bring something to the table.

Dare I say, let's dream and submit proposals. You have an idea... Don't know how to do... Let the community help thrash it out. Need a developer? Let's buy one!

Then let's change that!!
It's not up to us/me. The MNs declared the desire to snatch failure from the jaws of success. Emotional nerd drama drove off all the leads I had generated. They were wondering what the holdup was and I couldn't conceal it any longer. These people know how to use the Internet, too... Saw what the DASHclowns were doing... Oh well. All that work you got out of me for free, flushed. Won't make that mistake again...

So that's it? We give up?

My idea: Dash Instantx installed in arcade games place. Instead of the owner having to worry about tokens and tickets, the people load Dash on their phones at the entrance, then they can go have fun and try to win Dash on the machines to buy nice big fluffy toys in the shop with Dash.

My idea: Dash Instantx installed in arcade games place. Instead of the owner having to worry about tokens and tickets, the people load Dash on their phones at the entrance, then they can go have fun and try to win Dash on the machines to buy nice big fluffy toys in the shop with Dash.
You know, I like that idea, but I think the the arcade place benefits from having tokens that can only be used in their store, instead of a currency that can be used anywhere.
Maybe it would be more useful for arcade machines that are left unattended in a bar or some other venue. The good thing about arcade machines is that you don't have to replace any goods, and, now that they don't use tokens or coins, no one has to collect them either.

I have another idea: Dash Remittance two-way ATM's, person uses the machine to buy Dash, other person goes to the Dash machine to get their money in whatever currency in their country. Place the Dash Remittance ATM's in busy places, like airports or shopping malls.

India, Hongkong, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, New York, focus on the airports for each big city. We can then have a Dash ATM map with all the locations.

I have another idea: Dash Remittance two-way ATM's, person uses the machine to buy Dash, other person goes to the Dash machine to get their money in whatever currency in their country. Place the Dash Remittance ATM's in busy places, like airports or shopping malls.

India, Hongkong, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, New York, focus on the airports for each big city. We can then have a Dash ATM map with all the locations.
That would be awesome, but the things is, dealing with fiat is a regulation nightmare. No country wants money to be freely convertible and easily transferable. They said they are doing it to "protect us from terrorists".

That would be awesome, but the things is, dealing with fiat is a regulation nightmare. No country wants money to be freely convertible and easily transferable. They said they are doing it to "protect us from terrorists".

Well, BTC atms are growing worldwide everyday, Dash should do the same.

So that's it? We give up?
The community gave up when it let IX rot on the vine, and then lashed out at the guy who told them to get off the couch and stop letting it rot on the vine...

You can have all the great ideas you want... DASH isn't the problem, Evan's creation is solid. It's the people in it...

Well, BTC atms are growing worldwide everyday, Dash should do the same.
We have already struck a deal with Lamassu, do you know of any other BTC ATM manufacturer/operator that would be interested in adopting Dash?

Back