• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Lets expand the treasury by end of this year ?

should we double our treasury funding by increasing the budget allocation to 13200 dash per month?

• yes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • no

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

Everyone by now knows dash is thrvining ( even though market is not taking full notice of it ) primarily because of its Decentralised Autonomous Organisation style funding aka the treasury , every month some 6600 dash are released to be spent on various proposal and dash is arguably the only big crypto that has a sustainable way of doing this for the long term, where as in other coins, its extremely centralised i.e Vitalik holds a ton of ethereum and spends on supporting its eco-system however should he something happen to him or the coins , its a irrereable loss ( i am sure the CIA is thinking of all the ways to sabotage crypto-currency and is waiting for the right moment to strike ) , now dash is immune to this massive attack vector. Having said that 6600 dash is a good number , you know what would be better doubling it :)

Right now at $500 a pop, 6600 dash per month means 3.3 million , if we had 13200 dash to spend we could spend 6.6 million per month , that is absoultely massive amount of treasury isint ?

now as we spend more on marketing , the price will obviously rise, what happens when the price doubles to $1000 , we will have $10+ million budget , that is indeed fantastic , but right now we cant do it unfortunately

45% of all new coins go for miners , 45% go to MNOs and only 10% go to the treasury ( the super power of dash )

imagine spending only 35% on miners instead ? what would happen , let me answer all your questions

Miners give much needed stability and protection from DDOS attacks we cant compromise that ?
That is very much true, but there is not need to spend 26400 dash per month on that security , infact spending even 10% of new coins on mining is more than enough to protect dash from any practical DDOS attack vector, and as the price appreciates and we get more miners into the system it gets exponential more secure even with just 10% of new coins on mining.

These are not my words , Dash CEO Ryan himself discussed this a while back

embedding is not working properly but it starts at 52 mins 10 seconds

spending extra coins on treasury would create unnecessary inflation ?

thats simply not true , there are not extra coins being created , coins that are spent towards electricity bills and new mining gear and being diverted towards treasury so in effect on new coins will be created . in fact if we are not able to spent it all on treasury proposals , some new coins will never be created which will create mild deflation

cutting down the coins will create a shock to miners and they will lose faith in Dash .

This again is a genuine concern having said that even 4 years bitcoin supply drops by half but that didn't create miners to lose faith in mining bitcoin , the truth is it gives rise to more competitive mining alternatively when we express this intention clearly to miners and we bring all the MNOs on board to this, we can create better long term marketing strategies which will in turn increase the price much further ,so the miner will effectively lose nothing, its a win-win- win ( win for miners , win for MNOs , win for treasury )

This sounds a like a drastic idea that will hurt miners

i understand that mining is a competitive business, so should give plenty of notice to them and do it gradually , start with 5% and do it incrementally.

Its time to make this decision asap instead of delaying it ( even though execution can be done later ).

i am going to make proposal asking MNOs to vote for yes for proposal in this months cycle as a simple Yes

i am requesting fellow MNOs to supporting me in this cause by raising 5 dash so that i can post a proposal, i am putting the first 1 dash to support this.

https://insight.dash.org/insight/address/XqL4pEPDPZPBAGWmLJPxvukCwvWE6Qu4zS

please support it

Last edited:
I don't think this is needed now. even at current prices there is already a big monthly budget. I don't see how this would be more complex to do later.

At the moment, mining Dash has a pretty thin margin. I would vote no to make it thinner....right now. With the current weakness in the price, I would be extremely reticent to make fundamental changes to how our blockchain works. In the future, when the price is very robust (over a grand again) I wouldn't mind revisiting this question from a purely research perspective.

At the moment, mining Dash has a pretty thin margin. I would vote no to make it thinner....right now. With the current weakness in the price, I would be extremely reticent to make fundamental changes to how our blockchain works. In the future, when the price is very robust (over a grand again) I wouldn't mind revisiting this question from a purely research perspective.

yes , all i am going to ask is for MNO to express interest to do this some time in future not right away

It sounded like you didn't want to wait. So.....right now'ish.

Plus, there is your statement, "Its time to do this now...."

It sounded like you didn't want to wait. So.....right now'ish.

Plus, there is your statement, "Its time to do this now...."
i would say we make the decision now and wait for the right moment to execute it , this is a big change but a necessary change and it needs to seep into the consciousness of Core and MNOs

If at all this should come from both the Miners and the MasterNodes. And while I'm not totally opposed to the idea, so far things seem to have worked out and we have not lost any big projects due to insufficient funding.

I feel doubling the budget would draw the wrong crowd to the community.
At which percentage of newly produced coins would the wrong crowd enter , how do we ascertain that ??
The point is whatever good treasury is doing . We can double it .. it's really that simple

If at all this should come from both the Miners and the MasterNodes. And while I'm not totally opposed to the idea, so far things seem to have worked out and we have not lost any big projects due to insufficient funding.
Well last month it was close but going forward we would run out then we can revisit it

I guess the question is not who supports this but under what circumstances would one support this. I would support this change if it was necessary to get one or some big proposals passed that would only fail because of insufficient funds.

I guess the question is not who supports this but under what circumstances would one support this. I would support this change if it was necessary to get one or some big proposals passed that would only fail because of insufficient funds.

I guess we have to wait watch till that happens but I am very sure this will happeen in near future , this month we just scratched the limit next month we could have few not getting funded coz of the limit and then most MNOs would hopefully change their opinion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180308-195135.jpg
    Screenshot_20180308-195135.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 125
As a former miner (back in the Darkcoin days, my rig is too ancient to amount to much these days) and a current MNO, I am generally not in favor of this for the present. It could be that down the line this might be a good idea, especially as we move toward collateralized mining anyway, but for right now--even deciding on this right now, would probably not bode well. I do think it's something we should revisit in the future, though, maybe after we have a live and working Evolution.

same old Dashmaximalist ;)
nothing needs to change as nothing is broken !

is the budget full every month ?
are great projects not funded as there is not enough coins in Budget ?
are miners and MN's can afford to 'lose' another x % ?

exactly
.... moving on :rolleyes:

Back