• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Left field proposals ideas......

halso

I just wanted to throw out two possibles ideas for future proposals:

1. Insurance for evolution account holders - Similar to Circle, we could use proposal funds to insure users' FIAT and crypto holdings. This would be a great way to bring on mainstream users, and give them the confidence that their funds are safe. I think Circle insure their users via Marsh.

2. Purchase alternative cryptos and hold them in reserve - We could set aside a certain amount of Dash each month to purchase other "worthy" altcoins on behalf of the Masternodes. It would be a good way for MN holders to diversify their investment without giving up their MNs. If the proposal was ever voted out, then this could trigger the reserve to be sold back for Dash and return the funds to the MNs.

They are pretty left field ideas, but i'd be interested in your views.

Also, does anyone else have any left field ideas for future proposals?

1. Insurance for evolution account holders
I find this notion circular. So, I guess it's reasonable that Circle be involved...

It implies that there is the possibility of defect in DASH that would result in loss. There isn't.

The only real possibility of loss is in negligent mismanagement by the user themselves. This would be more like Car Insurance. How do you rate a customer's stupid level without making them mad that you're rating how stupid they are as a risk assessment?

If the customer isn't stupid, the customer has no use for your service.... So, the best option is to simply not be stupid, because that's free.
2. Purchase alternative cryptos and hold them in reserve
Why would DASH need to protect itself, from itself, in the name and by the means of other cryptos? If DASH sucks this bad, why are you, and said customer, considering it?

I can't find a way for this to make sense. It sounds like ponzi-trader arbitrage with a fancy name.

These both sound like poorly thought-out ways to take advantage of people who think even more poorly... I'm not on board with taking advantage of the stupid no matter how much I want to kick them in the nuts.

I find this notion circular. So, I guess it's reasonable that Circle be involved...

It implies that there is the possibility of defect in DASH that would result in loss. There isn't.

The only real possibility of loss is in negligent mismanagement by the user themselves. This would be more like Car Insurance. How do you rate a customer's stupid level without making them mad that you're rating how stupid they are as a risk assessment?

If the customer isn't stupid, the customer has no use for your service.... So, the best option is to simply not be stupid, because that's free.

Why would DASH need to protect itself, from itself, in the name and by the means of other cryptos? If DASH sucks this bad, why are you, and said customer, considering it?

I can't find a way for this to make sense. It sounds like ponzi-trader arbitrage with a fancy name.

These both sound like poorly thought-out ways to take advantage of people who think even more poorly... I'm not on board with taking advantage of the stupid no matter how much I want to kick them in the nuts.

Thanks for the comments @camosoul . As with all your contributions - noted and ignored.

Lols, perspective does not fit with echo-chamber's pre-conceived conclusions; engage hate-mongering. The SJWs would be proud.

Lols, perspective does not fit with echo-chamber's pre-conceived conclusions; engage hate-mongering. The SJWs would be proud.
@camosoul you come across as very angry for some reason. Similar vibe to demo. You obviously have some personal issues going on. You should really take a break and explore the real world. Go on vacation. Chat to girls. Don't spend your whole life being angry on crypto threads. Life is too short.

It wouldn't be dash forums if demo wasn't talking about voting with numbers and camosoul talking about SJWs.

But yeah I would have to agree with camp's points here

Maybe we could let users deposit bitcoin (and other alts) and then anyone making Evolution-to-Evolution transfers would be entitled to guaranteed instant bitcoin transactions... if they try to double spend, we'd deduct from the deposit... not sure if that would work...

I'm watching a thing in which I am heavily invested get stars in it's eyes and lose it's mind... Yeah, I'm a bit irritated. I guess if I had nothing to lose, or didn't see the writing on the wall, it wouldn't bother me. Ignorance is bliss.

Also, does anyone else have any left field ideas for future proposals?

I consider also as a left field idea for future proposals the below alternative budget system:

how much do you pay for someone to do a job ?

This should be a subject to vote, using numbers. You may vote inbetween 0 dash, and the whole (or remaining) monthly budget (of course if someone allocates all his number vote to one proposal, there is no room for him to vote for another proposal, in the same budget cycle) Then the system calculates the average of all votes in order to specify the final amount the community gives, to the one who will manage to accomplish the job. As you may have observed the above is a tottaly new budget system and a totally new way to deal with money allocations in the budget. There is the current budget system where someone proposes a budget allocation and receives yes/no votes for it, and there is the totally different budget system where someone proposes to the community a job that is able to accomplish, and people give him amounts of money (by using the number voting capability) they think he deserves for this job. This alternative budget system should be used on top of the basic yes/no approval. The yes/no initial approval is essential in order to avoid troll proposals that are asking the whole budget and beeing voted by few MNOs in order to get the small fee that occurs as a result of the mean average of all numerical votes. So only in case a proposal passes the yes/no vote, it is allowed (upon request) to enter into this alternative budget system. Alternatively in order to avoid trolls and in case you dont want to use the initial yes/no vote, instead of using the mean average, you can use the mode average to calculate the result (and additionaly set a minimum participation in the vote, this is also valid for the yes/no vote too). Or another alternative way is to say that each vote counts as "amount= 2 X allocated_budget/number_of_masternodes" and everyone who votes for a proposal should pay with his own wallet the half of the above amount. So the persons who want to troll the system, they are actually paying for voting, so they are unable to troll!

Why the above is a left field idea? Because it leads you to vote with numbers, and if you start voting with numbers (and according to my game-theory calculations :p) you will end up approving the universal dividend (which is obviously a left field idea). A money is not considered as a free money if it is time-space assymetric (like dash or bitcoin is). If you accept the time-space symmetry as an essential property of the free money, this also leads directly to the universal dividend as a measure in order to bring symmetry in time-space.

Last edited:
Back