• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Just had an idea for us miner collectively help DRK before next fork !!

I will say, I'm not very worried at all about the price at this point. This is the very early stage for this truly revolutionary coin. The lower the price (for now) the less competition for mining, etc.

I do understand the interest in fixing issues regarding non-compliant pools...but the price of DRK probably shouldn't be the motivating factor....just my opinion.

I will say, I'm not very worried at all about the price at this point. This is the very early stage for this truly revolutionary coin. The lower the price (for now) the less competition for mining, etc.

I do understand the interest in fixing issues regarding non-compliant pools...but the price of DRK probably shouldn't be the motivating factor....just my opinion.

You're thinking in wrong, if you dont mind me... The problem is exactly that. You have 2 type of situations

a) Insta-miners, who mine for profit. Fair enough! To each his own. Mine, dump the coins, profit, pay bills etc.
b) the long time DRK investmentor (MN's, miners, coin success, logic etc)

"Bad actors" are harming the progression of DRK in terms of market-capital. DRK is not about instant mining-profitablility. That's what shit-coins are all about!

DRK's low price right now is side-effect from the "shit-coin" philosophy. Mine while profitable, dump at peak, pay bills and move on.
But DRK has actual intrinsic value, which is extremely rare in the crypto world. It can, and will, overtake LTC by years end. For that to happen and Darkcoin succeed in its premisses, we need to fork without issues and problems, to put in practice the ideals proposed, but for that, we need a majority updated network to avoid more fork'ing issues (or else, enforce a ban, but that would be a "centralised oligarchic solution" - that no-one would like to see, philosophically.... (because in practice, the sooner the better!!)

Right now, we DONT depend on network consensus (updates), as the enforcement can just be flipped on at will by the Dev, and ban everyone who has not complied. But being an ethical person, Evan wont go for this right now.

The issue here is, Development Transparency. We want DRK to succeed, both philosophically and financially.

The more hashing power, the more secure the network. But if a big slot of the network is only thinking of profit-mining-insta-sale... that is harming us now, and in future profits!!

With a world packed of shit-coins, who can blame them? Not everyone is legit in this game! -20% payment may seem a lot... but what miners are going to get off is a 200%(+) profit in the near future, with just a little info! Not everyone studies the coins to exhaustion, so its natural "skip this and get down to insta-profit-numbers".

Point being. Help us map a clear picture of who is who, so we can evolve DRK healthily. If it does, it will cater for both insta-profit miners, as well long term investors. Because we do need a good fork, to get the "fork out" of the issues that have been holding us back, ergo, price drop.

CONCLUSION;

IT IS IN EVERYONE's INTEREST to update and start paying Masternodes, so PoS takes off, promoting scarcity and adoption, and thus projecting mining DRK profits to new heights!!

This is just a friendly reminder, because when enforcement is on, whoever hasn't updated will get 100% orphaned block = 0 profit.

C'mon everyone, lets rock and roll wit this!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated OP.

Great!! Also please tell us if they are updated (paying) so I can update list please!
updated :
Code:
1403955403 93094 4949.332 0000000000046c4d73ee780dc6ff7ac57b98a50f5231a5a3339100747fea75c4 yobapool 1403955403 5 XjG5oU8yT5hyj65optoNHjfiwF8BTCmK3v 1.000000

What if some people don't want DRK to succeed? Could they create pools that aren't on the correct fork? I think we may need a final solution for the bad actors.

What if some people don't want DRK to succeed? Could they create pools that aren't on the correct fork? I think we may need a final solution for the bad actors.

Naaa.. that is easy now with "Spork" technology. And there was a clear indication of purpose attack last 2 forks, that made the fork funk-out. Attacks and bad actors.

If bad actors go into a wrong fork, good for them! They're perfectly invited to create a DRKClone_whatever coin, based on the original Darkcoin protocol. (not 100% right now, a small part of this code is still closed, for at least a month from now)

If the majority strays in the right one, to protect their beliefs in the coin, then no problem. That is the beauty of open source. Its a democratic choice based on personal belief.

Everyone is happy to create "forks", hence so many "shit-coins" - basically copy/paste of other coins.
Fundamentally, it is up to you to search your mind, finances, and heart - and decide what right, or wrong.

This thread is about bringing awareness so everyone stays happy and profitable in DRK!! Not to bad-mouth/kick anyone out. But it does take network consensus!

So yeah, I'm just trying to fight out those whom I believe are not being good for DRK right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a few potentials but I cant go lower on chaeplin's list.
84692 - drk.cryptoadhd - can't confirm
had to remove URL to post..

As the Admin of the CryptoADHD pool I would like to confirm that we do have the updated wallet and our Stratum is updated to pay the 20%, unfortunately our hashrate is just low, but if people would like to point their hash at our pool so we can find some blocks we should be able to confirm that everything is setup correctly. Plus, since our hashrate is lower, when we do find a block you'll get more of the reward...

had to remove URL to post..

As the Admin of the CryptoADHD pool I would like to confirm that we do have the updated wallet and our Stratum is updated to pay the 20%, unfortunately our hashrate is just low, but if people would like to point their hash at our pool so we can find some blocks we should be able to confirm that everything is setup correctly. Plus, since our hashrate is lower, when we do find a block you'll get more of the reward...

Updating OP - thank you !!

Are you identified by chaeplin, or pool_unkown?

I would like to help but I am not sure where to start. Is the list on the first post up to date? or do I need to be looking at another list somewhere? for example on the first post under unconfirmed is http://dark.minerstation.com/ . Their info online states a wallet version of 91105. I just dont want to be redoing what others have already done. Thanks

updated :
Code:
1403955403 93094 4949.332 0000000000046c4d73ee780dc6ff7ac57b98a50f5231a5a3339100747fea75c4 yobapool 1403955403 5 XjG5oU8yT5hyj65optoNHjfiwF8BTCmK3v 1.000000

Chaeplin, is there any code I code add to my home page so that anyone logging in to my p2pool could see what darcoind version I'm running? I know this owuld be voluntary for us p2pool owners, but at least you could get some idea of who is trying to contribute...

Hey our pool at thenorb com is updated and we just found a block this morning, what would we need to provide to be added to the is paying pool list?

Hey our pool at thenorb com is updated and we just found a block this morning, what would we need to provide to be added to the is paying pool list?

No problem, give me the block number found, URL of your pool, I'll cross reference with chaeplin, and put it up as one of the good guys :cool:

Back