• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Jaxx - Dash integration

adiiorio

Hey there Dash community!

Anthony, CEO of Jaxx here. Our team has been extensively researching the Dash ecosystem and are super excited to be joining your community.

For those of you who don't know, Dash will soon be integrated in Jaxx, our multi-token, multi-platform blockchain wallet. We've been working with some of the Dash dev team over the past while and expect to launch in the coming week. Finger's crossed!

Our goal with Jaxx is to create an interface to blockchain for the masses. Kinda like what the browser did for the internet. Here's s little more info about our core values, principles, & features.

Jaxx Guiding Values & Principles

- Jaxx neither stores nor has access to user keys or assets
- Jaxx never requires (or wants) users to provide personal information
- Jaxx hates friction points (ie logins / passwords / user names) and strive to remove them whenever possible
- Jaxx believes in user choice and freedom
- Jaxx's goal is to provide software and hardware that all chains can use (blockchain agnostic)
- Jaxx uses industry standards that allow for interoperability between products
- Jaxx source code is available, visible and auditable
- Jaxx is customer focused, design-led and user experience driven
- Jaxx strives for consistency and similar experience across devices and platforms
- Jaxx promotes collaboration and cooperation between industry players, communities, and blockchains

Jaxx Product Features

- Available across 9 platforms & devices - Android & iOS Mobile, Android & iOS Tablet, Firefox & Chrome Extensions, Windows & Mac & Linux Desktop Versions)
- Single codebase allows for rapid deployment across all devices and platforms
- Multi-token support (Currently BTC. ETH. DAO)
- Key's are created client-side and never sent to any servers
- Code is visible and auditable
- Single 12 word mnemonic allows derivation of keys for any blockchain asset supported
- Similar user experience across all devices and platforms
- Pair across devices - Simple pairing via QR code or mnemonic
- HD for all assets (Hierarchical Deterministic Accounts)
- Spendable balance display
- Max spend
- Select default wallet
- Paper wallet import
- Multi-currency support (23 country currencies)
- Standards used support freedom to move keys to other services or wallets
- Single screen interface for optimal user experience
- Shapeshift integration allowing for conversion between supported assets
- Quick access between currencies and wallets
- Responsive customer support

Looking forward to becoming an part of the Dash community! Please hit me up at [email protected] if you have an y questions or if I can be of assistance.

Cheers!

(p.s. Download the current version of Jaxx at jaxx.io, new website coming soon)

Last edited:
Question.. being you've integrated into various platforms, would you consider integrating with the expense manager Financisto for android? That would reduce yet another friction point i.e. keeping track of expenses in a separate app.

Thanks

Question.. being you've integrated into various platforms, would you consider integrating with the expense manager Financisto for android? That would reduce yet another friction point i.e. keeping track of expenses in a separate app.

Thanks

Probably not. Our future dev plans would not not be including those types of integrations for quite some time.

Sounds like some really good work you are doing there, looking forward to the new release :)

Very happy to read this. Great interview with Amanda on Dash Detailed too. When will the new release be available on IOS do you think? Have you got any concerns that Apple may reject the updated Jaxx release simply because it supports Dash? (I'm sure you're aware the community here has been pushing to get a Dash supported wallet on IOS for quite some time now, and to no avail thus far.)

Will Jaxx be the first?

I really hope so!

Very happy to read this. Great interview with Amanda on Dash Detailed too. When will the new release be available on IOS do you think? Have you got any concerns that Apple may reject the updated Jaxx release simply because it supports Dash? (I'm sure you're aware the community here has been pushing to get a Dash supported wallet on IOS for quite some time now, and to no avail thus far.)

Will Jaxx be the first?

I really hope so!

The iOS most likely will come out a couple days after all the other platforms due to Apple's lengthier procedure for getting apps live. We do not anticipate issues, though, simply because it supports Dash.

strong strong strong

These days, it can seem like everyone is a sycophant/on the take, which is discouraging.

Then I find the refreshing things going on here in Dash World, the positivity.

I'm sure the recent progress hasn't come easy. It has been the result of initiative and continued effort. The team is to be commended.

There will be setbacks, but these guys don't quit!

I just got my very first smart phone (yaaay) and one of the reasons to get it was so I could become more familiar with the mobile apps designed for Dash. This will be the first I install. I'm looking forward to doing so, and hope you all will help me when I flub it all up :p

Oops, still no dash? :p

Last edited:
I just got my very first smart phone (yaaay) and one of the reasons to get it was so I could become more familiar with the mobile apps designed for Dash. This will be the first I install. I'm looking forward to doing so, and hope you all will help me when I flub it all up :p

Oops, still no dash? :p

they just submitted yesterday (or day before) i think, so we should give them at least until mid next week to get some updates on this :rolleyes:

Just heard the news that Apple want Jaxx to remove Dash from the Jaxx iOS wallet.

This is really sad news.

I guess Dash must be doing something right in terms of privacy.

Well, it's android for me from now on then.

Imo, this news is a big warning sign to dash's future if it wishes to continue with other proposals, like the ATM Compliance Program or the Legal proposal. Does this news mean we should up our legal game? - or do we reverse the ATM proposals because it's going to suck up too much money and get us nowhere?

I think it is necessary to file a lawsuit against Apple for Human Rights on behalf of the DASH community and make a lot of noise

I think it is necessary to file a lawsuit against Apple for Human Rights on behalf of the DASH community and make a lot of noise

Personally, I'm not entirely against this idea but I think it also sets us on a particular path where legal battles become the norm and extremely expensive. I'd rather spend the money on promoting dash on other platforms such as android / f-droid. Talking of which, why isn't jaxx on f-droid?

The sad truth is the AppStore is Apple's and they can do whatever they want (of course!). The team is in contact with Jaxx and we are working on a plan to try avoid Jaxx having to take Dash out.

Back