• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is this strange

My idea is a different way of perceiving things more than anything.

Whats the difference between your idea, and the idea mentioned in #13 by @GrandMasterDash ?

SolarCoin said:
SolarCoin is an alternative digital currency that works like air-miles for Solar electricity generation. SolarCoin is claimed by individuals living in homes with Solar Energy panels on their roof or commercial solar electricity producers.

Please explain further your idea about the small energy coin (produced in the home roofs) and the large energy coin (produced by minucipalities, by power plants and cooperatives e.t.c.) and how that differs from solarcoin.

Last edited:
The way in which things are incorporated together. You highlighted part of it yourself. I think for now I am keeping some of it to myself and a few other people. Now I may very well be crazy, and there is probably not a thing new in my idea, but that is what it is, just an idea.... I have shared enough of it with a few people to either gather more interest from them and know that maybe I am not crazy or you may never hear from me again.

Yes, I know of solarcoin, but am by no means an expert. I am researching it more now, thought it is just a piece. Lots of small pieces make up a much larger puzzle.

Yes, voting is involved, in different ways. Odds are my idea is crazy and you won't hear from me again.....

Yes, voting is involved, in different ways. Odds are my idea is crazy and you won't hear from me again.....

The idea you have published so far is not crazy, it is just an idea already said and implemented.
What seems original is the concept of small and the large energy coin.
You may explain this further.

I think it is great idea.
I remember reading an article but I cant find it about an inmate who chose to ride a bike hooked up to a generator in prison which in turn produced power for the prison.
The offset for the inmate was a sentence reduction based on the amount of power he made.
While at the gym, I see people running, cycling all day long. How much fricken energy would that create.
Then I read about why chinese bitcoin coin mine are not evil and how they use the excess power produced by all those new coal powered power plants.
Given that energy consumption is the biggest factor in turning over a profit in mining, a solar panel on a roof producing power to run a miner is a great idea. The only issue is for somebody to produce on mass an off the shelf product that can be purchased by anyone, just open up the box, put the panel at the sun and bingo, the miner is off and running. Then theres these companies that makes water out of thin air.
We all know that water turns turbines and creates power, power is a miner friend and foe.

P2P decentralized power grid..... Mid size coin would support this level of "mining"....

When the power is sold to the grid, power companies would be required to pay in the small coin when buying from local households, if purchasing large blocks of power would pay the P2P distribution system in mid size coins, which would be split similarly to the way that DASH does with master nodes.....

Keep in mind, governments have already figured out they can tax people for selling their own electricity!

Back