• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

is there a plan for Darkcoin 2.0?

jchpaik

It seems to me Bitcoin 2.0 aka Etheruem, Bitshares, Mastercoin, Counterparty, etc will be the next game changer...
Wouldn't be a good idea to build decentralized applications on Darkcoin blockchain?

Are you talking about the Masternode network ?
Imagine what you can do with that ! 852 Nodes up and running for DRK only ! endless possibilities and sure thing evan is on it ...>
(as he invented the whole thing)

Would be helpful having an escrow service directly available into the wallet? I mean a MN could tell to the network that it's available as escrow service. The initiating party could choose the MN of preference based on rating fees availability and so on.
The funds would be sent to the destination party from the wallet of MN by the MN operator after both parties agree on successful transaction possibly by some transaction signing.

Would be helpful having an escrow service directly available into the wallet? I mean a MN could tell to the network that it's available as escrow service. The initiating party could choose the MN of preference based on rating fees availability and so on.
The funds would be sent to the destination party from the wallet of MN by the MN operator after both parties agree on successful transaction possibly by some transaction signing.
I'm liking this idea alot!

I was thinking the same thing today while walking the dog in a sleep deprived delirious state. Not sure how the system would handle disputes though.

First thing's first, RC4, code audit & open source.

Can anyone describe to me the practical possibilities what masternodes could do? I mean all I know about masternode is mixing to make transactions anonymous. Are there other applications??

Can anyone describe to me the practical possibilities what masternodes could do? I mean all I know about masternode is mixing to make transactions anonymous. Are there other applications??
There are no other applications yet, we are just speculating about what can be done with a network of 852 decentralized servers. And it is a lot. Darkcoin is in its infancy. Once Darksend+ is perfected it will be the time to see what's next.

There are no other applications yet, we are just speculating about what can be done with a network of 852 decentralized servers. And it is a lot. Darkcoin is in its infancy. Once Darksend+ is perfected it will be the time to see what's next.

Could you please briefly explain the benefits of having 852 different servers besides anonymity? I'm not really understanding the potential. What can we do with this awesome Masternodes??

and do you know if Evan is planning on to build more applications on Darkcoin network after open source?

Thank you!

Back