• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is it possible to have multiple VM's under same router?

yidakee

Foundation Member
Here is the idea...

WMware + ubuntu... lets say 2 or 3 setups, running simultaniously as MN's. Thing is the external IP is given by the router. Is there a way to give each VMware its own public IP so I could run the masternodes locally until local / remote setup is fixed?

Or is this a non issue? I mean, I'm no network tech, but I think the MN network goes by single IP's per node, right?

Here is the idea...

WMware + ubuntu... lets say 2 or 3 setups, running simultaniously as MN's. Thing is the external IP is given by the router. Is there a way to give each VMware its own public IP so I could run the masternodes locally until local / remote setup is fixed?

Or is this a non issue? I mean, I'm no network tech, but I think the MN network goes by single IP's per node, right?

I think it goes by 1 IP per node, even if you could do it on the same external IP you can't use the same port at the same time AFAIK and seeing how you can't change the necessary port from 9999 it's a moot point.

I'm not sure if this is possible... maybe you could force two of the VM to connect through different proxies that give you a fixed a IP? if you search for 'static ip vpn everywhere' there are many services. I haven't checked them, but maybe you can work it out with one of them.

Oh right ! hadn´t thought of that... anyway, temporary solution until local / remote get fixed

Thanks fernando!

For running multiple MN from one IP can someone refresh me on this topic, what is the syntax for darkcoin.conf to change the default port number? is it rpcport= or is it something else? I know i read this buried in other threads and its not commonly in the many MN Guides.

EDIT: i think this was the post i was thinking about. Anyone with success doing this but with only one public IP address? Is that possible?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ec2-multiple-remote-nothing-mn-max-5.1660/

Last edited by a moderator:
For running multiple MN from one IP can someone refresh me on this topic, what is the syntax for darkcoin.conf to change the default port number? is it rpcport= or is it something else? I know i read this buried in other threads and its not commonly in the many MN Guides.

EDIT: i think this was the post i was thinking about. Anyone with success doing this but with only one public IP address? Is that possible?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/ec2-multiple-remote-nothing-mn-max-5.1660/
No you need multiple public IPs.

If you have an ipv6 subnet available you can try to map ipv6 addresses. But the main problem (my main problem currently) is how to assign all nodes the same port 9999 but bind the traffic to different external addresses....

Back