• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is Dash Electrum wallet secure more then exodus?

noam

It's better to store my dash here or on exodus wallet?

what is the right link to download this?
why doesn't Electrum Dash appear on the dash org website?

Last edited:
Hi there. Both Exodus and Electrum are secure in the sense that the private keys and backup seed are generated and stored on the user's computer. Transactions are created in SPV mode. I believe Electrum has more control over fees and/or lower fees, because Exodus is a for-profit company. But some of the more advanced Electrum functions (e.g. hardware wallet support) are still a bit buggy, since development of the wallet has only been picked up again in the last few months.

For this reason, Electrum is not listed in the wallets section of dash.org but instead has its own page at electrum.dash.org
Or you can download the binaries/source code directly from the developer at https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-dash/releases
This code will probably be shifted to the dashpay repository once a stable development cycle has been reached.

Agree with @strophy. Would add that I would welcome any feedback about dash electrum, since I'm managing the development/support and the release process.

thanks.
but exodus isn't open source so it's scary to hold lot of dash there :)

Hi there. Both Exodus and Electrum are secure in the sense that the private keys and backup seed are generated and stored on the user's computer. Transactions are created in SPV mode. I believe Electrum has more control over fees and/or lower fees, because Exodus is a for-profit company. But some of the more advanced Electrum functions (e.g. hardware wallet support) are still a bit buggy, since development of the wallet has only been picked up again in the last few months.

For this reason, Electrum is not listed in the wallets section of dash.org but instead has its own page at electrum.dash.org
Or you can download the binaries/source code directly from the developer at https://github.com/akhavr/electrum-dash/releases
This code will probably be shifted to the dashpay repository once a stable development cycle has been reached.

thanks.
but exodus isn't open source so it's scary to hold lot of dash there :)
Do not use any software wallet for large amounts, use hardware wallets instead - Trezor, Ledger or Keepkey.

What do you set a high amount?
Why are you so unequivocal?
It's up to you to define "high amount" for yourself - for some people $10K is high, for some $100K is low.
Regarding usage of software wallet - unless you checked the code and compiled it yourself there is always a risk. And even then, there is still a bit of a risk because there could be key-logegrs or some malware on your machine. Hardware wallets designed in such a way that they never send keys outside of the device - they receive an unsigned tx, sign it internally and send a signed one back. Hardware wallets prices are around $100-$150 btw and IMO it's pretty reasonable price for securely holding anything starting from as low as 1BTC/10DASH/$10K.

It's up to you to define "high amount" for yourself - for some people $10K is high, for some $100K is low.
Regarding usage of software wallet - unless you checked the code and compiled it yourself there is always a risk. And even then, there is still a bit of a risk because there could be key-logegrs or some malware on your machine. Hardware wallets designed in such a way that they never send keys outside of the device - they receive an unsigned tx, sign it internally and send a signed one back. Hardware wallets prices are around $100-$150 btw and IMO it's pretty reasonable price for securely holding anything starting from as low as 1BTC/10DASH/$10K.
thanks a lot for answer

Back