• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iOS Wallet Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to the core developers?! Even if they were spouting nonsense we are unlikely to just stop listening, something would have to be done.
I will not be using anything you have been involved with [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is regrettable that such a positive turn of events has soured so quickly...
That seems to happen with projects and parties with whom you get involved...

As verdant as this report seems to be, my past experience with you requires that I suggest to the community that we're almost certainly not getting the whole story, but only the part of it that suits your optics and might give you leverage.

Maybe it's entirely legit, but your name carries a stigma that only a fool would ignore.

I have no first-hand knowledge of this situation, but the pattern is getting hard to ignore. Anything Ryan can't control and take credit for ends up getting slandered into nothingness, and once helpful parties simply find better things to do than put up with his dirty games.

The shoe fits. Again. Still...

Last edited:
Don't listen to the core developers?! Even if they were spouting nonsense we are unlikely to just stop listening, something would have to be done.
I will not be using anything you have been involved with [redacted]

Well I would say some of the reasoning in the start of this thread is not exactly rock solid

"The app appears to be based on the official Dash wallet previously rejected by Apple. However, because the source code of the app is not externally verifiable, the risk exists that the application might contain malicious code intended to defraud users."

The source code of the any app on the AppStore is not externally verifiable. So any app has this risk. Perhaps Ryan meant that the source code of the app is not externally verifiable by him. As a developer of iphone apps, a statement like this by the core team would probably kill off interest in people using my app. This in turn kills off any diversity in the ecosystem where everything needs to be done by core team only or perhaps only by projects 'approved' by the core team. Stellabelle was afraid to even do testing of a wallet not sanctioned by core, even though there would be no need to risk more than a couple of cents. I don't see all of this as promising for the future of Dash

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I would say some of the reasoning in the start of this thread is not exactly rock solid

"The app appears to be based on the official Dash wallet previously rejected by Apple. However, because the source code of the app is not externally verifiable, the risk exists that the application might contain malicious code intended to defraud users."

The source code of the any app on the AppStore is not externally verifiable. So any app has this risk. Perhaps Ryan meant that the source code of the app is not externally verifiable by him. As a developer of iphone apps, a statement like this by the core team would probably kill off interest in people using my app. This in turn kills off any diversity in the ecosystem where everything needs to be done by core team only or perhaps only by projects 'approved' by the core team. Stellabelle was afraid to even do testing of a wallet not sanctioned by core, even though there would be no need to risk more than a couple of cents. I don't see all of this as promising for the future of Dash

I don't think it's unreasonable for Core Team to ask to see a Dash wallet's source code when it's a wallet that's been created by an unknown community member. Of course, said community member can tell them to pound sand, and said Core Team can make a public service announcement encouraging everybody to be cautious. Of course, users can tell Core Team to pound sand and use the wallet anyway.

On the other hand, a "Core Team has reviewed the source and we believe this to be a legitimate and problem-free app and we believe the community may freely use it" would go a long way to speeding adoption. However, it's entirely your decision as an app developer.

I don't think it's unreasonable for Core Team to ask to see a Dash wallet's source code when it's a wallet that's been created by an unknown community member. Of course, said community member can tell them to pound sand, and said Core Team can make a public service announcement encouraging everybody to be cautious. Of course, users can tell Core Team to pound sand and use the wallet anyway.

On the other hand, a "Core Team has reviewed the source and we believe this to be a legitimate and problem-free app and we believe the community may freely use it" would go a long way to speeding adoption. However, it's entirely your decision as an app developer.

You have completely missed the point. I could easily share my source code with the Core Team but then actually build an application with other code. There is no way to tell which source code was used for an application on the AppStore.

everything needs to be done by core team only or perhaps only by projects 'approved' by the core team.
Bingo.

The snowflakes and yes men can mark my posts as "trolling" until their mouse-clicking fingers fall off. This consistent pattern of deception and manipulation only gets more obvious the more it is used. Eventually, it'll get obvious enough that even those who knowingly support the corruption can't stomach it anymore.

Nobody likes the truth when they are complicit in the lie...

We don't really know, and probably never will know, if @IOS Dev is up to no good. He's being asked to prove a negative. Neferious or not, no one can prove a negative.

But, yet again, we can see that @babygiraffe most definitely is. He's the one demanding that a negative be proven, with full knowledge that this cannot be done, and with full knowledge that the process he demands would still prove noting, yet it would have the "side effect" of granting him total power... So he comes here to slander.

The advertised purpose would still never be fulfilled, but he would end up with control. Not getting his way, slander. He does the same thing every time he doesn't get his way. With no concern for the delays and loss to the project as a whole.

Reminds me of a dirty woman using a child in a tug-of-war legal battle. Man that actually cares about child backs off because he doesn't want to see his kid put through it, but she doesn't give a damn. It's all about her. She wins because she's always ready and willing to sacrifice the child's happiness for a buck. Makes me wonder how Ryan grew up and where he learned to play this game.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Same thing he always does.

We've watched this same dirty game play out over and over and over again, and who's always in the middle? When will MNOs wake up?

We could already be using DASH in retail. It could be old news by now. But the petty need to play this game is more important than progress.

Last edited:
That seems to happen with projects and parties with whom you get involved...

As verdant as this report seems to be, my past experience with you requires that I suggest to the community that we're almost certainly not getting the whole story, but only the part of it that suits your optics and might give you leverage.

Maybe it's entirely legit, but your name carries a stigma that only a fool would ignore.

I have no first-hand knowledge of this situation, but the pattern is getting hard to ignore. Anything Ryan can't control and take credit for ends up getting slandered into nothingness, and once helpful parties simply find better things to do than put up with his dirty games.

The shoe fits. Again. Still...

Yep, that was our fatal error that lead to our demise........Yes, and we have moved on to find better things but I care enough to share with those who think they will be rewarded/supported for bringing immense value to the community. You will be stepped on by the giraffe if you have not received proper support and kissed the ring.

Bingo.

The advertised purpose would still never be fulfilled, but he would end up with control. Not getting his way, slander. He does the same thing every time he doesn't get his way. With no concern for the delays and loss to the project as a whole.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Same thing he always does.

We've watched this same dirty game play out over and over and over again, and who's always in the middle? When will MNOs wake up?

We could already be using DASH in retail. It could be old news by now. But the petty need to play this game is more important than progress.

Yep, I feel the pain. Dash Corp private blockchain is obvious. How many unique human MNOs are there really? Granted the corporations's little song and dance is fully supported by the few non-company MNO's for now, but first real sign of trouble they will already be gone.

Without relevance or use by both consumers and businesses (small and big), there is zero chance of Dash seen as money. It is one missed or blundered opportunity after another for real adoption, which is where Dash could immediately shine over Bitcoin and is quickly extinguished for short sited reasons. I am not saying there is overt malice, but this only company approved approach has destroyed almost all chance of organically growing decentralization and Dash adoption. Centralized governance is hands down the best approach initially, but just like all others before them they hit that glass ceiling of scalability and instead of letting go of the weight absolute power causes........they hold on to it all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I am using Dash in retail both in POS and Retail, there are great options for both that have been available for months........but unless another merchant like me who is crazy enough to spend the time to read this forum and spend time to type out a response, no one in retail has a single reason to care about Dash or any crypto at this point. They don't care about that another exchange is integrating Dash to make it easier to dump or pump or another marketing angle on how Dash is less hollow than any other payment processor. In the end the Dash Corp has proven they would rather burn the money they don't need than let any other contributor steal their thunder. Just my 2 duffs.

Last edited:
Yep, that was our fatal error that lead to our demise........Yes, and we have moved on to find better things but I care enough to share with those who think they will be rewarded/supported for bringing immense value to the community. You will be stepped on by the giraffe if you have not received proper support and kissed the ring.

Yep, I feel the pain. Dash Corp private blockchain is obvious. How many unique human MNOs are there really? Granted the corporations's little song and dance is fully supported by the few non-company MNO's for now, but first real sign of trouble they will already be gone.

Without relevance or use by both consumers and businesses (small and big), there is zero chance of Dash seen as money. It is one missed or blundered opportunity after another for real adoption, which is where Dash could immediately shine over Bitcoin and is quickly extinguished for short sited reasons. I am not saying there is overt malice, but this only company approved approach has destroyed almost all chance of organically growing decentralization and Dash adoption. Centralized governance is hands down the best approach initially, but just like all others before them they hit that glass ceiling of scalability and instead of letting go of the weight absolute power causes........they hold on to it all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

I am using Dash in retail both in POS and Retail, there are great options for both that have been available for months........but unless another merchant like me who is crazy enough to spend the time to read this forum and spend time to type out a response, no one in retail has a single reason to care about Dash or any crypto at this point. They don't care about that another exchange is integrating Dash to make it easier to dump or pump or another marketing angle on how Dash is less hollow than any other payment processor. In the end the Dash Corp has proven they would rather burn the money they don't need than let any other contributor steal their thunder. Just my 2 duffs.
Lets not be snowflakes about this tho... I voted down your proposal. Not because I hate you, or think it was necessarily a bad idea. I just don't think that the DASH budget should be a grant system for external projects. My neighbors shouldn't pay my electric bill, either.

DASH could already have IX-enable retail use. I had it all lined up. but The Usual Suspects went tot he extreme of threatening frivolous lawsuits just because they don't want anyone stealing their thunder.

I've been asked for proof. I have it. But, I am like that father in a custody battle that actually cares about his child. If I actually exposed these parties, there would be a massive loss of confidence in the project. I'm not willing to bring down the roof. I'm fine with letting the weak-minded label me as a troll as long as the project doesn't get sacrificed. For The Usual Suspects, this is about ego. They've never succeeded at anything before, and it's their first time in the spotlight. That has become more important to them than the project and mindset that got them there. Since Evan let Ryan bend his ear, this project has been all but derailed. They've lost their way. My interest lies in seeing DASH succeed, not in ego trips and spotlights. So, I make the statement, but I'll never deliver the proof.

If DASH can win with degenerates at the helm, as long as it wins, I don't really care. It's the idea and the project that matter to me, not the shitbags running the show.

They wasn't any point of sending them the files I was notified by the App Developer Team that my app was going to be taken down in two days. I tried to tell the core team that but they didn't understand me.

As a real DASH newbie (In fact my first forage into crypto) I find the conversation here quite disturbing. I thought that DASH had a very stable community that cared about the development and promotion of the currency. After reading this I am not so sure. It looks like it is as paralysed with ego and in fighting as some of the other currencies. Sad day.

As a real DASH newbie (In fact my first forage into crypto) I find the conversation here quite disturbing. I thought that DASH had a very stable community that cared about the development and promotion of the currency. After reading this I am not so sure. It looks like it is as paralysed with ego and in fighting as some of the other currencies. Sad day.

You should try to understand the difference between a "Community Member" and a "Troll"

You sound like a "Concern Troll" .................... so - there's that - with your WHOLE Single posting here - pfft

Thank you for expressing your view so clearly. Thank you for being so inviting to a newbie. However what you have done is heighten my concern that this is not a "community." It seems the egotists (thats you incase you missed it) think that they have control. Thanks again and have a nice life.

You can in with an attitude....

What,? you want some milk and cookies?

...... and to think that after reading through the pages and some posts, I actually gave you some respect. Obviously wrong to do so as you really are quite vile. I wish you all the very best. Have a nice life.

...... and to think that after reading through the pages and some posts, I actually gave you some respect. Obviously wrong to do so as you really are quite vile. I wish you all the very best. Have a nice life.

Well, we could always censor stuff so that everyone thinks it's great!

First of all, the "community" has nothing to do with the dash you hold in your hand. I'm sure you don't dump your dollars simply because you fight with your neighbors.

And secondly, none of it matters because we sort it out at the Superblock.

Btw, welcome to dash. Have a nice day.

take it easy over here guys
+
no need to overthink any comments

remember this thread started as a Dev posted a wallet which was not 'confirmed; by dev team ! (warnings all over that obviously)
if you use or not that wallet is obviously up to u but we do NOT suggest u do !

as of community and this and that .... i do not understand ?!
there are welcome threads and the likeses available
when you @LordHaldon launch into an ongoing discussion like this then .. well ... u gotta grow some 'thick' skin
as community is community - many cultures- many different styles of expressing options and the likes
as said : no need to over think this :rolleyes:

I just took my honest, innocent question down because apparently it was misunderstood and flagged as trolling. I did not intend anything of the sortl. Thanks to @mastermined for letting me know that JAXX is up again and can be trusted on iOS. I have an iphone and would like to access my DASh there. that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back