• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Introduction of/to the Board !! ....>

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
I think there is really a problem with the Foundation Board approach !
Shouldn't the board introduce itself to the community ?!
https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/about/team/

This is a community based Foundation/ Project, we in the CryptoWorld know the mistakes BTC and it's foundation has done and there is NOT necessary a big trust in Foundations,
so I think an introduction Letter from the Board Members would really help

I do not know half of them or ever heard their name !
I send my coins anyway, sure to support and anything,
but i can imagine that other DRK followers are holding back, as they want to hear something from this Board 1st before they put their coins onto it !

We'll try to organize something with all board members soon so you can grill us with your questions :)

Probably this week and next one are not the best time, but as soon as we arrange something it will be posted here.

We'll try to organize something with all board members soon so you can grill us with your questions :)

Probably this week and next one are not the best time, but as soon as we arrange something it will be posted here.

sorry fernando this is falling into your lap again
I (personal) do not need a Q + A session
I am fine with statements from them
who they are
how they are involfed in DRK
what their DRK vision is
...>
(general basic introduction just to get this started)
tx

Hello,

Just stopping by to introduce myself. I became involved with the foundation when Ed Moncada asked me if I would help set it up. As a nonprofit attorney, I will be dealing with the IRS when we apply for recognition of exempt status--and helping in any other way I can. I am happy to answer any questions.

Hello,

Just stopping by to introduce myself. I became involved with the foundation when Ed Moncada asked me if I would help set it up. As a nonprofit attorney, I will be dealing with the IRS when we apply for recognition of exempt status--and helping in any other way I can. I am happy to answer any questions.
Hey Harold, nice to see you around!

In addition to setting up the foundation and dealing with IRS, Harold is also the treasurer and is very active in all discussions we have about the future of Darkcoin.

tungfa, you always say I'm the voice of reason when things are too noisy... Harold is the voice of reason on top of that. Whenever discussions go too esoteric, Harold brings us back to reality and puts us on task. We are lucky to have him on board and I'm pretty confident he'll keep us out of trouble :)

Hey Harold
tx for stopping by !
It is great to see some Board members engage here on DCT !

So if fernando is the 'voice of reason' (and it is so good to have him)
and you are the voice above
that would make you the 'voice of go..'
but that might be too esoteric then :wink:

thank you for watching our backs !

lol, nonprofit as in nonprofit organizations. Some nonprofits (think hospitals and schools) actually make a ton of money. All must follow certain rules. You don't want to run afoul of the IRS!

hey Harold
are any meetings planed at the foundation yet ? are you guys (the board) all in the same city or how do you plan to do it ?
in person or virtual ?

There have been three official meetings so far. I believe the minutes of the first two are on the foundation website. If not, they will be. Evan is in Arizona, Chris, Ed and I are in California and Fernando is in Spain. We've been holding meetings via conference call.

There have been three official meetings so far. I believe the minutes of the first two are on the foundation website. If not, they will be. Evan is in Arizona, Chris, Ed and I are in California and Fernando is in Spain. We've been holding meetings via conference call.

great
i love how international and decentralized everything is.

I think it would definitely be great to have an "introduction" statement, post, video, ... from the whole board.
members, ideas,plans and visions as the foundation supports the community and vice versa.
maybe that could go on the agenda for the next meeting ?!
honestly that should have been done in the beginning,
but i know, we in the DRK world, work a bit more guerrilla style
:wink:

Wow...I need to keep up with what the hell is going apparently! Hi Harold! Great to hear your with the team there! Cheers!

paellalunch_1.jpg

Just joined the Darkcoin Foundation. Looking forward to hearing more from the board and contributing if, when, and where I can.

you have to apply for a batch/ribbon directly to fernando

Thank you tungfa. Sounds like perfect timing, I've been considering joining the foundation for a few weeks now. I've been anxious to learn more about the priorities and projects.

Also, thank you for the TailsOS tut. I'm working on a USB boot rather than a virtual environment. Looking forward to your updates on hardening Tails even further.

Back