• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

inbound port is not open. please open it

peteycamey

I am trying to setup a masternode. but its NOT cold/hot. its just regular 1 windows 7 pc old style hot masternode. masternode debug shows no errors but when I try to start
"inbound port is not open. please open it and try again.

I checked port 9999 with a portscanner and its open. I did port forwarding 9999 from my adsl modems interface.

what should be the darkcoin.conf like for single setup? (no hot/cold)

the guides are only for cold/hot setup. There are no guides for old-style-hot-only setup. So reading those guides did not help.

I am trying to setup a masternode. but its NOT cold/hot. its just regular 1 windows 7 pc old style hot masternode. masternode debug shows no errors but when I try to start
"inbound port is not open. please open it and try again.

I checked port 9999 with a portscanner and its open. I did port forwarding 9999 from my adsl modems interface.

what should be the darkcoin.conf like for single setup? (no hot/cold)
the guides are only for cold/hot setup. There are no guides for old-style-hot-only setup. So reading those guides did not help.

Not tested myself, but did you already try to add this line to darkcoin.conf?
Code:
masternodeaddr={your_ip}:9999

I am right there with you. I am running windows 7 behind a DIR-825. I have opened all the ports in Windows Firewall and done Port Forwarding in the router. I have no clue what else to do. I have seen this message for about 4 hours now....
inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for testnet and 9999 for mainnet)

Firejuan is your outgoing port 9999 open? (from your wallet pc to internet)

You can check it by trying to access following web site. You should see a web page in case you can reach its port 9999:
portquiz . net:9999/ (remove spaces)

I am right there with you. I am running windows 7 behind a DIR-825. I have opened all the ports in Windows Firewall and done Port Forwarding in the router. I have no clue what else to do. I have seen this message for about 4 hours now....
inbound port is not open. Please open it and try again. (19999 for testnet and 9999 for mainnet)
I would
1. check/enable UPnP on the router
2. start darkcoind adding if not already done, -listen and -upnp
3. if you are behind NAT you should assign/reserve an (static) ip to the server machine, otherwise your NAT rule may not always work
4. if you enable UPnP you may not need to configure NAT

Firejuan is your outgoing port 9999 open? (from your wallet pc to internet)

You can check it by trying to access following web site. You should see a web page in case you can reach its port 9999:
portquiz net:9999/ (remove spaces)
Your IP: XXXXXXXX

I would
1. check/enable UPnP on the router
2. start darkcoind adding if not already done, -listen and -upnp
3. if you are behind NAT you should assign/reserve an (static) ip to the server machine, otherwise your NAT rule may not always work
4. if you enable UPnP you may not need to configure NAT

Test a port using a command
$ telnet portquiz net 9999
Trying ...
Connected to portquiz net
Escape character is '^]'.

$ nc -v portquiz net 9999
Connection to portquiz net 9999 port [tcp/daytime] succeeded!

$ curl portquiz net 9999
Port 9999 test successful!
Your IP: XXXXXXXXX
$ wget -qO- portquiz net 9999

Router and Windows firewall are good

1. UPnP is enabled in router
2. not sure on this one??
3. Desktop has static IP

Test a port using a command
$ telnet portquiz net 9999
Trying ...
Connected to portquiz net
Escape character is '^]'.

$ nc -v portquiz net 9999
Connection to portquiz net 9999 port [tcp/daytime] succeeded!

$ curl portquiz net 9999
Your IP: XXXXXXXXX
$ wget -qO- portquiz net 9999

Router and Windows firewall are good

1. UPnP is enabled in router
2. not sure on this one??
3. Desktop has static IP

About 2. start darkcoind with the parameter -upnp from command line or enable it under Options->Network->"Map port using UPnP".
Hope it helps

I have the same problem here. Running 32-bit Linux version on Ubuntu 13.10. Already running 2 64-bit masternodes on Ubuntu 12.10 with no problems. My ports are open, I connect to darkcoind daemon from outside, checked it. Tried -upnp option, still does not work.

This just happened to me, and because it's not mentioned here, please check your ip address when you start your wallet. I had an old ip address in my command, and that was what was keeping me from connecting, not the port, though that was the error. Hope this helps someone :)

Back