• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ideas to develop Darkcoin.co.uk please?

davep

Hi all,

I am the owner of the domain name Darkcoin.co.uk. I was going to offload it in exchange for some Darkcoins but I've now decided why pass it on to someone who won't make use of it? I'm sure we can all agree that getting the people of UK interested in Darkcoin would be very beneficial and I now have the perfect domain name for that so I've decided I want to develop the domain, so I thought I'd ask the community how they feel this domain would be best utilised to appeal to a UK audience?

Your thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am a Software and Web Developer so this is something I'd love to take on myself but I'm more than welcome to have others help me out so let me know if you're interested. A trading platform/marketplace for the UK? General information/how to's?

Thank you everyone,
Dave

If you go down the trading platform exchange route you need to be aware of legal implications right? There's a reason in the UK we still don't have a good exchange, although it would depend on format of trading platform.

I think a general ''what is DRK" site with affiliate links to exchanges/places to buy would be your best bet

If you go down the trading platform exchange route you need to be aware of legal implications right? There's a reason in the UK we still don't have a good exchange, although it would depend on format of trading platform.

I think a general ''what is DRK" site with affiliate links to exchanges/places to buy would be your best bet

Thank you for your input. After discussing with others I think you're right and I'll be looking at building a site this week when I get the chance.

I would like to also clear something up publicly, especially to the user BostonStrong617.

There is no trademark in the for Darkcoin:
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-find/tmtext.htm
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp?partnerid=4

As you may have already seen I have removed this for sale and I will build a site for it bringing more awareness to the UK for Darkcoin anyway.

Why didn't BostonStrong617 just PM me if he had concerns rather than try to publicly flame me? If the creators of Darkcoin have a problem with me owning Darkcoin.co.uk then it is up to them to contact me and let me know, it is not up to him to publicly flame me. Surely the purpose of Darkcoin as with any Cryptocurrency is to be open and decentralised technologies for all to use and extend from.

Personally I don't agree with him that I'm being unethical by owning this domain name, anyone else on this community care to share their input please? I've been buying and selling domain names for nearly 7 years, have been an active and reputable member of Namepros.com and Acorn Domains so the last thing I want is to tarnish my reputation as I too seriously condone domain squatting.

Edit: I forgot to point out let's not forget even Darkcoin itself is released under the MIT license, which allows for even reselling the software! With that sort of license in place I can't imagine the Darkcoin creators have any problem with me owning Darkcoin.co.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you may have already seen I have removed this for sale and I will build a site for it bringing more awareness to the UK for Darkcoin anyway.

Why didn't BostonStrong617 just PM me if he had concerns rather than try to publicly flame me?

Surely the purpose of Darkcoin as with any Cryptocurrency is to be open and decentralised technologies for all to use and extend from.

Personally I don't agree with him that I'm being unethical by owning this domain name, anyone else on this community care to share their input please?

Hi Dave. I think that's great that you decided not to sell the domain and instead to build a website that brings awareness to Darkcoin in the UK. I wasn't trying to flame you when I spoke out to you publicly. I was exercising my First Amendment right to free speech on a topic I feel strongly about. I think flaming is for punks that have no balls in the real world. A few years back someone emailed me "I own XYZ.com (my business name) and I'm willing to sell you the domain." It was a recently purchased domain and that person clearly purchased it knowing I wouldn't want anyone else to have it. If someone came up to me in a parking lot with that same proposition it probably wouldn't end well for them. Haha. So please understand that your effort to sell the domain Darkcoin.co.uk struck a major chord with me - regardless if it's trademarked or not. Now that you're using the domain to promote and bring awareness to Darkcoin, I think that's an awesome idea. You could even make a lot of money selling ad space and products. No hard feelings. I apologize that my post seemed harsh.

i wonder what will become of Darkco.in
or some unused ones are:
DuffDice.com
darkstamp.com
darkstamp.com
DonateDarkcoin.COM
DarkcoinDonate.COM
DarkcoinDancer.COM
darkcoinpizza.com
DarkcoinDiploma.com
Darkcoinmagizine.com
CryptoMania.com
Darkcoinslide.com
DarkcoinMillionaires.com
DarkcoinDeliver.com

i wonder what will become of Darkco.in
or some unused ones are:
DuffDice.com
darkstamp.com
darkstamp.com
DonateDarkcoin.COM
DarkcoinDonate.COM
DarkcoinDancer.COM
darkcoinpizza.com
DarkcoinDiploma.com
Darkcoinmagizine.com
CryptoMania.com
Darkcoinslide.com
DarkcoinMillionaires.com
DarkcoinDeliver.com

I predict it's going to become the #1 crypto coin of the deep web/darknet which is a multi billion dollar industry. As long as it has been anonymity than Bitcoin.

Just so people know I'm not slacking or anything I do have something on there. Going to be adding more over the next few days when I get the time. http://www.darkcoin.co.uk/ but yes I know it's very basic right now but will fledge it out with more and even a form to directly buy via an affiliate in the UK coin-hub.co.uk

Back