• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Idea: Book on Dash

ericsammons

Masternode Owner/Operator
Hello,

Last year I wrote a book on Bitcoin, which was directed towards people with no knowledge of cryptocurrency:

Bitcoin Basics: 101 Questions and Answers

It is in both paperback and Kindle formats, and, although not a best-seller, it has done respectable in sales.

I'm considering the idea of writing a similar book for Dash. In fact, some of the content might be the same, as one cannot explain Dash without explaining the basics of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency first. However, with the rapidity of development in Dash, I'm worried that it will become outdated very quickly. I'm also concerned that right now the market for Dash is too small to make such a book sell well.

So I'm just throwing this out there to hear other people's thoughts.

1) Do you think there is a need and/or market for a book like this?
2) Could you see buying such a book and giving it to others to introduce them to Dash?
3) Do you think I should wait until 12.1 and/or Evolution is released?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Hello,

Last year I wrote a book on Bitcoin, which was directed towards people with no knowledge of cryptocurrency:

It is in both paperback and Kindle formats, and, although not a best-seller, it has done respectable in sales.

I'm considering the idea of writing a similar book for Dash. In fact, some of the content might be the same, as one cannot explain Dash without explaining the basics of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency first. However, with the rapidity of development in Dash, I'm worried that it will become outdated very quickly. I'm also concerned that right now the market for Dash is too small to make such a book sell well.

2) Could you see buying such a book and giving it to others to introduce them to Dash?

1. Yes.
2. Hell yes.
3. Definitely wait. There are so many changes to come, it's better to wait until things get semi-settled so you can include the latest information.

Maybe you could start working on it, with a history of Bitcoin and Dash, saving the meat and potatoes until after Evolution.

Great idea, and you are a great writer.

EDIT: I'm putting it to a Twitter vote as well! ;)

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/746078239915802625

Last edited:
3. Definitely wait. There are so many changes to come, it's better to wait until things get semi-settled so you can include the latest information.

That's my inclination as well, but good to hear it from someone else. I can always do different editions, of course, but I don't want an edition to be obsolete the day it comes out!

I also think it would be very useful; if you want someone to collaborate with, hit me up. Otherwise I think it's a very valuable project.

Pablo.

Hello,

I started writing one, but things have been moving so fast! and then life got too busy and I couldn't concentrate so much, LOL. But if you want my ideas, I'm happy to share :)

I'm with most people that have posted before. Definitely do it, but you need to include Evolution. This means you need to wait to finish it, but most of the content can be done already. Things like masternodes, darksend, instantx or the budget need too to be explained well, so you have plenty of topics to work in the meantime.

I would buy copies to give away for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas! I agree with the consensus that I should wait until Evolution to publish it. Until then, I'll be collecting ideas and writing a first draft on the features already released.

Back