• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I sold all my Dash. Here is why and my view on the state of Dash

They have a lot of other features. They have an InstantX-like featuer (called ZeroTime) that is superior to instant X. It offers respending within 1 minute (versus Dash's 15 minutes I believe) and is faster than instantX and more scalable.

Pretty sure the respending time in dash is 2.5 minutes or one block. Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong. This was discussed at btctalk a long time ago and someone tried it and at first thought it was instantly respendable, because it takes a minute or so to enter a new address and amount and password. By the time they did all that one block had been mined and the transaction went through. Seems like i tried it too but that was a long time ago and i forget.

Pretty sure the respending time in dash is 2.5 minutes or one block. Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong. This was discussed at btctalk a long time ago and someone tried it and at first thought it was instantly respendable, because it takes a minute or so to enter a new address and amount and password. By the time they did all that one block had been mined and the transaction went through. Seems like i tried it too but that was a long time ago and i forget.

Instantx requires 6 confirmations before you can
resend another Instantx. A merchant receiving funds can't ix your funds out for 6 confirmations. If you start with all your funds in one address, your transaction puts remaining funds in a change address. So even spending funds you need to wait the 6 confirms between each.

You can send a normal transaction right after an instantx. You can mix your funds so you don't have to wait sending several in a row on a desktop. But mobile phones can't mix so you need to wait. Don't plan on buying that friend a soda, unless you want to wait 15 minutes.

You can send a normal transaction right after an instantx. You can mix your funds so you don't have to wait sending several in a row on a desktop. But mobile phones can't mix so you need to wait. Don't plan on buying that friend a soda, unless you want to wait 15 minutes.
To clarify this: mixing creates a lot of utxo so wallet can choose them instead of using change from previous tx. You can "teach" mobile wallets to break its own funds into multiple utxos too just like desktop wallet does when it's preparing for mixing. That of course would need to be done ahead of time too.
I'm not sure why we have "6 confirmations for re-spend" requirement in the first place, probably smth to do with conflicts resolution in mempool or smth like that - need to revise this again probably.

I do not like this discussion. VCash is still in the absolute beginnings. They even have no real GUI wallet - that is more a small Dialog with two input fields. They have no market for now. And if they ever will catch up with DASH (or other Cryptos) they will be late. Not to mention all the other cryptos which have similar features: NAV, Viacoin, SDC, ... - and all have the same problem all together: They have no infrastructure.

When you think about it, Evolution is a total scam. It is going to take YEARS to implement and its three primary features are the following: 1) no need to download blockchain (same thing ZeroLedger offers or even an SPV wallet has) 2) Syncing between wallets on different devices (same thing any bitcion HD wallet has) 2) Ability to make payments via email instead of payment address

"no need to download blockchain" >> that is a huge technical advance since the implementation of SPV wallets is not necessary anymore; just use the Core

But as far as I got it it will offer two more points that you left out but which are crucial:
a) anonymization will be done just in time and not with a premixer - maybe that answers another of your questions
b) transaction scalability will rise above what ever will be needed

Maybe you do not see that but it is exactly what will be needed to cover a mass market - secure easy and seamless value transfer. And I see it as one step into a base platform for more applications.

Anyways anybody is free to speculate on whatever currency he personally prefers. If you think that VCash is your favorite then do it and do not waste your time with all this FUD on a field that you left already.

Actually, Vcash is able to scale. They already have a variable blocksize.

I don't consider this scaling. Any code base can change a magic constant to infinity and they can "scale". However, that is not the whole the story. The rest of the story is how much resources are available at a specific transaction level and whether the network could be sustained in that scenario. For example, 4 billion tranasactions were done per day on bitcoin it would cause the blockbloat to increase by 1GB per day. Now, imagine 20 billion or 100 billion transactions. It would quickly outpace the ability for any but the most specialized and well-financed actors to handle for two reasons 1) the storage costs would be too much 2) no one could startup a new full node because when starting a full node you must verify all previous transactions, which could take months (or years).

The end result of this is a system that cannot scale and be decentralized at the same time. As less full nodes are running, then the network has less security (full nodes enforce consensus rules as a check against malicious miners). And, as there are fewer full nodes they become targets to governments (same for mining).

That is why core / blockstream, etc, are trying to prevent the block size increasing too much. They are trying to find alternative ways to scale because in actuality increasing the blocksize is not a scaling solution. It can only go so high, and that number it can go is far below what it would need to be to be a useful currency. So, other solutions are needed. In one respect vcash / dash have an advantage in this because they incentivize full nodes so it solves part of the problem, so certainly they can scale more than bitcoin without having as much of a centralization effect.

The blockchain that has me most interested in regards to scalability is the mimble wimble. With that blockchain only existing addresss need to be kept. As a result, its possible for it to actually shrink when you spend money. This keeps the verification when starting a full node not very intensive and it keeps the storage costs very low. It seems very interesting.

The blockchain that has me most interested in regards to scalability is the mimble wimble. With that blockchain only existing addresss need to be kept. As a result, its possible for it to actually shrink when you spend money. This keeps the verification when starting a full node not very intensive and it keeps the storage costs very low. It seems very interesting.

But there is not any implementation of mimble wimble yet... Mimble wimble is only theory ( like the voting with numbers), isnt it?

Demo, you think distributed governance is some sort of magic bullet, but it isn't. It is a good way to determine which direction to go, but that only works if the people voting have a clue of consequences and benefits. If the same people with all the voting power are the development team it doesn't make it decentralized. The user doesn't care about the governance structure of a currency. They only care if it is easier, faster, or more secure than what they use today.

Do you go to walmart because of their just in time delivery? No, you go to walmart because they have low prices(which is partly because of their just in time delivery and reduced space for store inventory). Don't try to fix the thing nobody cares about, focus on the stuff that actually makes users prefer your idea.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Vcash forum disappeared. Now Vcash main page points to the bitcoin.com forum.

Their forum disappeared. So there is not any timeline. Am I now justified to critize ?

Yep. Looks like the primary developer is taking a break. ;-)

Vcash released a live version of zeroslot.com. Pretty impressive web based slot machine that uses zerotime instant locking transactions. They also released their API based wallet that can sync from block 0 faster than loading a Dash wallet.

Yep. Looks like the primary developer is taking a break. ;-)

Vcash released a live version of zeroslot.com. Pretty impressive web based slot machine that uses zerotime instant locking transactions. They also released their API based wallet that can sync from block 0 faster than loading a Dash wallet.

Vcash main page disappeared.
In bitcointalk someone said Vcash was a scam.
:(:rolleyes:

I almost wanted to make a post stating that this feels more and more like a topic that belongs in the Alternative Currencies sub-forum but then i took a closer look and saw we are already in the Alternative Currencies sub-forum :oops:

Quite interesting topic. Especially about implementing ShadowCash. I'm developing dash based coin (Sibcoin) and it seems to be very interesting option for us.

Thank you!

Vcash has interesting features and hope some other developers adopt some of its ideas and features. However, I consider VCash the project to be dead.

Back