• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I propose we stop voting for irrelevant proposals until the end of the year. Burn the Dash.

R

RGXDK

The real situation:
  • We do not have a mobile wallet
  • Litecoin has a $2bn market cap now. You can see in the chart it exploded after Coinbase integration. It's important we stay competitive!
  • Users from Brazil, Hong Kong, France, Australia, New Zealand etc can't buy Dash with fiat easily because we are not integrated in the major exchanges.
  • We are not integrated with Coinbase yet! How is this not our #1 priority?
  • We only have a handful of places to spend dash, even in first world countries
  • Retail sector adoption is non existent
  • Masternodes IP addresses are public
  • Masternodes can be dummy terminals and still get paid
Accountability and Transparency
  • What did Core do last month?
  • What are they going to do this month with $200,000?
  • What is the status of all the proposals that have been approved in the last few months, do you know?
  • What are all the DAOs doing? What were they doing last month?
  • Why do Masternode owners have to keep asking the status of proposals? Teams and proposers should issue weekly updates
Are we working on the things above? I'm a masternode owner, I follow this forum, I follow Dash's reddit and I don't know. But I do know that Dash is doing the following:
  • Paying $20 for each wallet installation
  • Sponsoring MMA fighters
  • Paying for t-shirts
  • Paying for acrobatic airplanes
  • Sponsoring Circus City
Can we please get serious?

I propose we stop approving these proposals until the end of the year. Burn the Dash, leave it unspent, it will not dilute the currency supply and it will force us to focus on the major issues and not get distracted.

/rant

Last edited:
My stance is similar to RGXDK.

We have people suggesting we sponsor big sporting events and then we have Amanda running a very easy but not very value adding campaign.

The average person can't buy Dash or spend it anywhere, but at least we pay people to install an app on their phone...

The word of the day (and rest of this year) is integration! Exchanges and merchants.

Also, we need a system to hold proposal owners to account.

We need to fund an integration team. A team that would approach exchanges and merchants and give Dash incentives for them to start using Dash. This seems very simple...am I missing something?

The real situation:
  • Litecoin has a $2bn market cap now. You can see in the chart it exploded after Coinbase integration. It's important we stay competitive!
  • Users from Brazil, Hong Kong, France, Australia, New Zealand etc can't buy Dash with fiat easily because we are not integrated in the major exchanges.
  • What is the status of all the proposals that have been approved in the last few months, do you know?
  • Why do Masternode owners have to keep asking the status of proposals? Teams and proposers should issue weekly updates
Are we working on the things above? I'm a masternode owner, I follow this forum, I follow Dash's reddit and I don't know. But I do know that Dash is doing the following:
  • Paying for t-shirts
  • Sponsoring Circus City

I propose we stop approving these proposals until the end of the year. Burn the Dash, leave it unspent, it will not dilute the currency supply and it will force us to focus on the major issues and not get distracted.

/rant

Stupids and Spies bought masternodes in order to stop governance.

Please have a look at our next proposal here:

www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-project-jet-plane-an-animated-dash-commercial.15355/

We gained some very insightful data from our currently running youtube ad campaign:
1) The keyword "how to bitcoin" is more effective than just "bitcoin" by a factor of more than 10.
2) The most interest by far comes from India, where the larger cash denominations were banned a few months ago.

Here is what I think regarding 1):
Bitcoin gets a LOT of free general media coverage because it is the market leader. People flock to youtube and search "how to bitcoin".
-- If people newly interested in crypto are reached and educated we can convert them to Dash.
-- Bitcoin as a medium for customer interaction makes for hell, both for the customer and service provider. When the network is not clogged getting 4 confirms takes 40 minutes. A week ago I paid $16 in BTC transaction fees to transfer Dash via BTC to Luno (South African BTC exchange). I promptly emailed Luno that their customer experience was abysmal because they forced me to use BTC when a DASH transaction would have been almost free and instant. They answered and said they would look into it.

So: Stealing new BTC users from BTC and getting them to demand DASH from the exchanges from the grassroots up is a viable strategy. Obviously this needs to be coupled with pressure from the Dash core Business Development team also, but I think they are already doing a good job.

Regarding 2). The West has very little incentive to use crypto atm. The global south has massive incentive to adopt crypto. The crypto that cracks India will win the world.

Anyway, we need to know what people think about how many daily YouTube views we should purchase, so please go vote on the poll over at our preproposal thread!

Last edited:
While I can see your point and agree that the Core Team should expand its Business Dev Team. I don't see how stopping to pay for these other kinds of proposals would help in any way.

Thank you - this is a perfectly valid rant.

The solution is the opposite of what you suggest. The budget needs to be loaded with proposals that are competing for scarce funding. Not happy with the pace of Core development? Put together a team of devs and submit a proposal for funding.

The good news is, soon we will have a dev road map for Evo and soon we will have a Copay wallet.

Progress is being made, however slowly.

Users from Brazil, Hong Kong, France, Australia, New Zealand etc can't buy Dash with fiat easily because we are not integrated in the major exchanges.
France (and European Union) have no problem to buy Dash since the integration of Kraken

The solution is the opposite of what you suggest. The budget needs to be loaded with proposals that are competing for scarce funding. Not happy with the pace of Core development? Put together a team of devs and submit a proposal for funding.

The good news is, soon we will have a dev road map for Evo and soon we will have a Copay wallet.

and spend 5 dash to propose some work that might be deleted? I can see how developers are shunning dash.

Burning the Dash is about as useful as burning a stack of hundred dollar bills (or hundred euro notes, if your prefer). It theoretically helps the "economy" but the overall effect is negligible. Setting fire to money--either physical or digital--is not the best use of said money.

Frankly, anything that looks reasonable and has a chance of succeeding usually gets my vote. I'd rather fund a project with a 10% chance of success than watch the money go up in smoke at the end of the month. But that's just me...

Maybe I worded this wrongly: burning (not creating) unspent Dash is not the main issue, not having serious major proposals is. Please focus on "The real situation:" and the "Accountability and Transparency" sections of my original message.

While I understand your concern, I think we need to take a long look at our situation as a "brand".
Fact is, until Evolution comes out, our marketing teams are severely crippled. I believe ABJ and the lads who made that Youtube commercial have a said the same thing.
I think the best thing we (as the "brand" dash) can do right now, is to build a name. We need dash to pop up in as many places as possible. We need mascots. We need an airsports team. We need a presence on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook.

Hey Jim,
How do you estimate that the progress is being made slowly?
I have an opposite opinion - I think that our developers do a FANTASTIC job with Evolution development and the progress last months is great. And I hope it will stay like this :).

What you need to understand is the fact that we do not work to make another pump on exchanges. PUMP IS NOT OUR GOAL. The Core Team goal is to develop the most innovative, easy to use product for our Clients. Evolution is going to be a breakthrough technology for crypto-industry. And it will be. But we can't develop it in 2-3 months.
For those, who are looking for an information - reports with progress updates and financial reports are being published here: https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/official-announcements.54/ , we have quarterly calls where we talk about our achievements (and failures) and answer questions. everyone is invited :)

Hi @kot

My apologies -- I thought the OP's rant was valid, but I don't share the same feelings. "Slowly" is of course a subjective term and I think our rhetoric gets a little too far ahead of the reality of the current code.

As the scope of what the Core Team is building starts to emerge, I am amazed and marvel at the "interplanetary" ambition (I think I saw a reference to IPFS in your recent update). My feeling now is "Take whatever time you need; for that, I am in no hurry for you to get it right."

Hey Jim,
I have an opposite opinion - I think that our developers do a FANTASTIC job with Evolution development and the progress last months is great. And I hope it will stay like this :).

What you need to understand is the fact that we do not work to make another pump on exchanges. PUMP IS NOT OUR GOAL. The Core Team goal is to develop the most innovative, easy to use product for our Clients. Evolution is going to be a breakthrough technology for crypto-industry. And it will be. But we can't develop it in 2-3 months.
For those, who are looking for an information - reports with progress updates and financial reports are being published here: https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/official-announcements.54/ , we have quarterly calls where we talk about our achievements (and failures) and answer questions. everyone is invited :)

Keep in mind that to the outside, we do not really get an understanding of tangible progress on Evolution. When there are business development updates, marketing initiatives, HR updates -- those are things that we can actually see. With Evolution being worked on in a private repo (for good reason), and no additional Evolution documentation (or roadmap, yet) being made public, it would be difficult for anyone outside the core team to feel knowledgeable right now about all the fantastic Evo development that you are saying is happening (and most likely is). Also, not everyone is able to join the conference call live for a lot of reasons.

I also do not really understand the "pump is not our goal" statement. Of course it isn't. I don't think anyone is advocating for quick pump and dump style marketing. But why does this need to be a reason not to spend more resources? If the core team goal is only to develop the product then why do you bother spending anything at all on PR, business development, conferences? Growing the size of the network is also important, and this is something that either the core team can do, and other people can also do, and I don't see this as equivalent to designing pumps on exchanges.

Hey Jim,

May I offer a few suggestions?
  1. More frequent, short updates, perhaps on a monthly basis? A quarter in crypto seems to be excessive.
  2. A new Global Exchange Integration Team with the sole purpose of integrating Dash on overseas exchanges (fiat to Dash). Hire someone fluent in Russian, Polish, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish etc. There are 33 countries just in Latin America...
  3. Expanding on #2, literally get a list of all countries and ask "Is Dash integrated with local exchanges in XX? Can people buy Dash with fiat just as easily as they can buy Bitcoin in XX?" If the answer is no, allocate resources to whatever country XX is.
  4. A new Global Payment Gateway Team with the sole purpose of integrating Dash with payment gateways that accept bitcoin. Instead of going after merchants, go after payment gateways because if Dash is integrated in one it will be available to all merchants that use the gateway.
  5. Expanding on #4, this team will go after Payment Gateways overseas the same way as #2. Example: make a list of all payment gateways in Brazil that accept bitcoin. Contact every single one with what's required to accept Dash and make it a project.
I would suggest that Global Exchange Integration and Global Payment Gateway Integration will give Dash, by far, the best return on investment. It is more important than any other project or task, with the exception of Evolution. If anyone disagrees I'd like to read why this isn't true.

If it is true, it follows that we should allocate a disproportional amount of resources (funds, time, energy) to these 2 initiatives.

Thank you for your comments @TroyDASH and @RGXDK ,
Just to address some of your concerns / suggestions:
1. Monthly updates (financial and business/technical) are being published on the forum in this section: https://www.dash.org/forum/topic/official-announcements.54/
2. Evolution roadmap will be published soon. The team works on the final version of the document.
3. I work with other PMs (especially Luba) to improve communication in Evo development area and also on improvements in progress communication and presentation (e.g. dashboard from project portfolio in Jira, more involvement and visibility of tech leaders etc). This should be available in couple of weeks
4. We do have a team working on integrations, exchanges etc. This is Business Development team led by @Minotaur. Each serious integration means months of work starting from contacts, negotiations, technical investigations, agreements etc. This efforts are being handled by Daniel and many other team members. As you understand, they need to be kept confidential (very often on the Customer/Partner request), therefore visibility of amount of work done by this team is limited. But I can assure you that everyone in the team is really impressed with the number of leads brought by Daniel each month.

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi RGXDK

We would like to know if you are planning to submit your proposal officially, i.e. Pay the 5 Dash to submit your Proposal in the coming month?
If you have not done this yet, please read: How to submit a Dash Pre-Proposal https://goo.gl/7jmwXQ
As you adjust your Pre-Proposal to our feedback, the evaluation is adjusted and this may be done a number of times (up to 2 or more).
Each time the chance of your Proposal being accepted by the MNO’s will increase.
If you want to know who will be doing the Evaluations – see here: Official PEC Pre-P https://goo.gl/qrbeXK

The evaluations also have another function:
To give the MNO’s and community a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. This list will save the MNO’s and everyone else time and increase the chance of your proposal gaining votes. It will also prevent your proposal from getting lost amongst the horde or prevent it from not being read, because it’s too long or non-conforming.

To adjust your Pre-Proposal for the 1st evaluation will be a time consuming (+- 2 hours of work), but believe me it will be well worth your time if you are serious about getting your Proposal passed.

You might be tempted to quickly post your proposal now, but I would strongly advise you not to do so: The Master Node Owners are very suspicious about people submitting proposals at the last moment before a vote and most of them do not pass.
Keep your Pre-Proposal here on this thread. Improve it as our Reports and the community feedback indicate and you'll have a far better chance of getting the necessary votes next month

Good luck with your Proposal!

The real situation:
  • Paying for t-shirts
  • Sponsoring Circus City

/rant

Hi RGXDK,

Those concerns make sense, but do you think not funding those other kinds of proposals will generate interest to create the more serious proposals? It's more of an issue of incentivizing larger proposals than shutting down smaller and "sillier" ones. It seems there's a place for both especially with the amount of unused treasury money each month.

Back