• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

hows is payout calculated?

eerygarden

Hi. How does the protocol calculate and distribute the block reward payouts for each masternode? I know that a MN is paid 45% every 6-7 days but how does the network keep track of how long each MN has been active for and are DASH 'added to a pile' before distributing every 6-7 days? I trust that nobody is in charge of that pile before it is sent, but I'd like to understand the technical side to this question.

There is no pile of DASH, each MN simply stays in queue for a payout and when it's time MN gets its share of block reward.

Blocks are created (roughly) every 150 seconds, and 45 % of the block-reward goes to the miners, 45% to the Masternodes. Nothing is piled.

Which(!) Masternode gets the reward for THIS block is determined by it's position in the Masternode queue.

When you start a new Masternode it ends at the end of the queue, and it needs (with the current number of Masternodes) about 7 days until it arrives at the top of the queue and gets paid.

Blocks are created (roughly) every 150 seconds, and 45 % of the block-reward goes to the miners, 45% to the Masternodes. Nothing is piled.

Which(!) Masternode gets the reward for THIS block is determined by it's position in the Masternode queue.

When you start a new Masternode it ends at the end of the queue, and it needs (with the current number of Masternodes) about 7 days until it arrives at the top of the queue and gets paid.
Ahhhh. Understood!

So the amount of DASH awarded in the block reward must be fixed for each block then until the end of the year where it decreases by 7.1% right? In which case why does moobot in the slack say an approximate earning of 8.79 DASH a month?

The number of Masternodes changes all the time, the more/less Masternodes, the longer/shorter you need to wait for your next payment.

And because no one knows how much Masternodes will be online all those numbers are just estimations based on the _current_ number of Masternodes.

Back