• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to setup multiple Masternodes from One Wallet ?

Technologov

Hello,

I bought a bunch of Dash coins recently (after running away from Bitcoin's scalability issues).

How to setup Multiple Masternodes from them ?
I have one control wallet and a bunch of VPSes. One of my VPSes is up-n-running as a MN already !

I was able to setup one Masternode according to this Guide:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies-updated-for-12-1.2680/

It uses a command of "masternode genkey" -- but how-to generate multiple genkeys for many masternodes ? Is it even needed ?
I will need those key(s) for dash.conf on my VPSes.

Or just one masternode private key (for voting and starting) and multiple Dash addresses with "getaccountaddress 0", "getaccountaddress 1" ... "getaccountaddress n".

Thanks in advance,
-Technologov

P.S: I think that a network now experiencing smaller amount of MNs because previous users sold their Dash during the spike while new users have not-yet setup Dash MNs properly. (Some Windows-only crypto investors lack the necessary skills, so a new type of support job will soon be required). You see: Not all investors understand Linux or technology in general.

Last edited:
1) getnewaddress "label"
2) send 1000 to this address and get txid and output
3) masternode genkey
4) add new line at masternode.conf as example:
mn_alias vps_ip step_3_key step_2_txid output
5) repeat

And "masternodeprivkey" it is just random number generated by command: masternode genkey (try generate couple of times)

It is not in any way connected to masternode address priv key.

Just must be the same on local and remote. It is something like password and login in rpc.

>2) send 1000 to this address and get txid and output

1. How to get output ? (or transaction index)
2. Why is "transaction index" even needed in masternode.conf ?
3. How to get txid ?
4. Does command "masternode outputs" has limit in amount of MNs ? (it shows only few MNs, while I clearly created more)
5. Does it mean that other addresses (txo went to other MNs) ?
6. How to declare that specific address is MN address, so my wallet will NOT touch it ?

NOTE: It seems that my wallet spend the money from first MN[0] address into last MN[n] address.
(so in the end I have only money in some MNs and in change addresses, but not in first several MNs) How to prevent it ?

Last edited:
>2) send 1000 to this address and get txid and output

1. How to get output ? (or transaction index)
2. Why is "transaction index" even needed in masternode.conf ?
3. How to get txid ?
4. Does command "masternode outputs" has limit in amount of MNs ? (it shows only few MNs, while I clearly created more)
5. Does it mean that other addresses (txo went to other MNs) ?
6. How to declare that specific address is MN address, so my wallet will NOT touch it ?

NOTE: It seems that my wallet spend the money from first MN[0] address into last MN[n] address.
(so in the end I have only money in some MNs and in change addresses, but not in first several MNs) How to prevent it ?
1-3. that's what 4. gives you in its output "txid" : "index"
4. no, it shows every 1000 DASH you have, no limits
5. probably
6. once you configure masternode.conf they will be locked automatically on start, before that you can enable Coin Control (Options -> Wallet -> Enoble Coin Control features) and then "Inputs..." button on Send tab should show allow you to lock specific outpoints manually

Back