• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to onboard 300,000 new users in one geographic location

While we continue to develop our business plan and co-ordinate logistics donating laptops to schools is an excellent side project that will build and incredible amount of good will and positive PR.

If the Dash community would donate $1950 that's enough to sponsor a class room of 30 children, donate $32,500 and we can donate 500 tablets or enough to cover an entire school.

Like I explained in my video Crypto in neither legal or illegal in Colombia it exists in a grey area. By creating easy to achieve short term goals we are raising awareness, proving we work efficiently on the ground and building a base of teachers and students that the rest of the world is currently turning a blind eye to.

When it comes time to do our major roll out we will need to choose the best crypto willing to fund the idea. Dash has some obvious major advantages but if the people here don't believe in the project it would be reckless of me to put all my eggs in one basket.

David was at our Dash Medellín meetup last Thu Apr 26 here in Medellín, Colombia and gave a talk on the evolution of this project. He is clearly working very hard to learn Spanish and gave his 25-minute talk in a Spanish that I, for one, mostly understood. I have video of it but it's still uploading.

At the moment, David has said he is focused on getting cheap computers into people's hands as a way of building both human and technical infrastructure for the eventual airdrop.

On the one hand, David has demonstrated his commitment to his idea in many ways now. Kudos to him for that. I can see the passion in his face.

On the other hand, the project to my eyes is 95% charity and 5% cryptocurrency marketing. In fact, a recent video of his shows some new student desks being delivered that were apparently funded by DigiByte but had David Hay stickers put on them rather than DGB stickers, which I found confusing and bizarre.

I had dinner with David maybe 6 weeks ago here in Medellín, and, at that time, he had no plan for how to incentivize the recipients of the airdrop to not immediately cash it in for fiat. Well, it's worse than that: he saw no need for such a plan. I hope he has changed his mind on that.

I have not been following the project since then because I made at least 3 attempts to join the project team and was rebuffed each time. (I'm focusing on Dash Medellín for the foreseeable future.)

I have a net positive opinion of David. I wish him the best with what he is doing. I watch his progress with interest. I hope it turns back into something more like 80% cryptocurrency marketing and 20% (or less) charity.

And I hope he keeps coming to Dash Medellín meetups. :)

If the Dash community would donate $1950 that's enough to sponsor a class room of 30 children, donate $32,500 and we can donate 500 tablets or enough to cover an entire school.

The key question you would be wise to answer even before anyone asks it is how would such a donation benefit the Dash network?

Thanks George I had fun at the last Dash meetup.

The stickers on the desk confused me too. I never asked for them, they were made by a volunteer in Cucuta and I wasn't present when the video was recorded.

I'm sorry you were not welcome into the team. The simple answer is our core team is made up of people who believe in this project not an individual crypto currency. If we let core team members from Dash, Nano or Digibyte join I think we would loose a lot of time arguing the merits of each tech rather than developing our core business plan which we have been busily doing.

The key question you would be wise to answer even before anyone asks it is how would such a donation benefit the Dash network?

They would get the same exposure Digibyte just got from donating the first 20 plus any additional marketing I do in the future.

Here's a video I made about Dash from last month with 32,000 views

I've proven my commitment to this project. I've done my best to work with the community but this attitude of Dash or nothing isn't healthy. The steemit community has the same problem and it hurts them more than it helps them.

We need to focus on ways for crypto to reach mass adoption and be used as digital cash. If you think people involved in the crypto space should be busy fighting each other internally then I'm not sure what to say.

Last edited:
And why do you demand the fingerprint of the poor people, in order to pay them?
Isn't this an awful privacy invasion?
Do you want to mark the poor people like the cattles?
Why dont you try the cryptoparties?

I've covered this in great detail in the past. We aren't marking them like cattle. We use a finger print scanner to create an encrypted ID. That encrypted ID is stored in a database and is queried when a new user enters the system. At no point in time do we take peoples names or personal information so if the database was hacked it would be worthless. If the encryption was broken then someone would still need to reverse engineer the process of recreating the finger print.

This system has been proven to work in the past and is 99.9% accurate. Adding another untested layer of complexity like cryptoparties wouldn't add value or improve the project.

Of course they can. How do you think Hostinger supports dash? They support it via https://www.coinpayments.net.

The thing is that you're not dealing with a tech-savvy marketplace, much less a crypto-savvy marketplace.

I'm sorry you were not welcome into the team. The simple answer is our core team is made up of people who believe in this project not an individual crypto currency. If we let core team members from Dash, Nano or Digibyte join I think we would loose a lot of time arguing the merits of each tech rather than developing our core business plan which we have been busily doing.

That's disingenuous at best, David.

1. I was one of the first people who expressed support for your project to you after you released the first video about it.
  2. The only thing I ever said about Dash to you was that it would be a good fit for your project. I might have also mentioned BCH and Nano because I remember thinking they could work. I certainly never made my participation contingent on the choice of any particular cryptocurrency.
  3. I am not a core team member of Dash. I am not even DAO-funded. I didn't even participate in my first Dash meetup until after we had dinner in Medellín.

That's fine tho. Again, I wish you the best with your project.

And why you demand the fingerprint of the poor people, in order to pay them? Isn't this a privacy invasion? Do you want to mark the poor people like the cattles?

This is actually a legitimate criticism and one I mentioned to David. Venezuelans who are without the legal right to be here in Colombia, because they weren't able to afford a Venezuelan passport before leaving or for some other reason, are the most vulnerable and needy group of Venezuelan migrants.

They are scared of the in-progress Colombian census, and with good reason. It could mean their involuntary return to hunger in Venezuela.

Using fingerprint scanning is going to dis-incentivize them. Not to mention that creating a database of biometric data is risky at best. See for example what happened with the Rohingya.

They would get the same exposure Digibyte just got from donating the first 20.

"digibyte cucuta" produces zero Google News results.

George, I've enjoyed the time we've spent together. You are an intelligent guy and I value your input.

I met you through the Dash forum, when we met in Medellin we talked about Dash a lot, sure you mentioned other cryptos but it was clear this was the one you wanted to champion. You run the local Dash Medellin meetup.

Other community members brought up your name and suggested we add you to the core team. I'll take responsibility for the no vote, the same way I voted no on members from the Nano, digibyte, smartcash, zencash teams. I've treated everyone equally so I hope you'll respect my decision.

But why you choose the fingerprint solution, when you can organize a cryptoparty where it is 100% sure that no one could identify no one?

The cryptoparty is not complexity, it is simplicity.

You teach people how they can print their public key (cryptocurrency address), then they gather all together in a closed room and they put their printed public key into a ballot box. Then you open the ballot box, and thats how you create a credible list of unidentified (but unique) individuals.

The key concept here is that all cryptoparties should occur concurrently.

Nothing about this seems simple or tested. We are using a finger print because it will eliminate fraud and guarantee no one enters the system twice.

What stops someone from entering the "closed" room on two separate occasions and getting two addresses?

We are onboarding 300,000 people. That's around 1,000 people per day per office.

Now you want them to wait for their money and you want to hold a big ceremony in a stadium?

Our finger printing system already works and we have a contract with M2systems for keeping the data secure.

I met you through the Dash forum,

I'm afraid you're mistaken. We corresponded on Twitter in response to your first video on this topic and then corresponded via email shortly after that.

I *now* run the local Dash Medellín meetup. I did not at the time we spoke and at the time I was actively enthused about your project, was planning a trip to Cúcuta in support of your project and was contributing in the discord (without promoting any crypto) to your business plan and media plan.

The interaction between you and I here is relevant only insofar as to note that you have not been welcoming to people who wanted to participate in your project. I can assure you that I am not the only person who sought to contribute but who was made to feel unwelcome.

"digibyte cucuta" produces zero Google News results.

I posted the video about digibyte and Cucuta 12 hours ago. I didn't know you wanted to see google results but if that's the measure of success let me know. I have a lot of experience in SEO and this is easy to achieve.

It seems like you are upset because you weren't invited into the admin channel on discord. I'm sorry George I like you but I do not think you offer an un-bias opinion when it comes to which crypto to use for this project.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. We corresponded on Twitter in response to your first video on this topic and then corresponded via email shortly after that.

I *now* run the local Dash Medellín meetup. I did not at the time we spoke and at the time I was actively enthused about your project, was planning a trip to Cúcuta in support of your project and was contributing in the discord (without promoting any crypto) to your business plan and media plan.

The interaction between you and I here is relevant only insofar as to note that you have not been welcoming to people who wanted to participate in your project. I can assure you that I am not the only person who sought to contribute but who was made to feel unwelcome.

This is correct. Please understand I am dealing with hundred of emails and message every day it's difficult to keep track. The first time we spoke you offered to help me find medicine that a family member of mine needed in Venezuela.

You have some valid points here. I've been flooded with messages and it's hard to determine what agenda each person has. If I made a mistake and you were agnostic to which crypto to use we lost a valuable resource.

Last edited:
Based on your comments regarding cryptoparty you haven't watch the videos or read the business pre-proposal we submitted at the start. I've addresses these issues multiple times before.

We are working on creating a summary video and updating the proposal. I hope that will make it easier to understand.

At the moment the model is centralized around me because it's never been done before and I came up with the idea. Once it works all the software and technology will be publicly available and anyone can modify or change this model to suit their needs.

This idea will succeed, I wouldn't have moved to Colombia if I didn't believe in it. I can't force the Dash community to see the value in it.

Last edited:
I have seen many concerns about the fingerprint system but this was decided after many discussions by the core, we must understand that we are in an area where people like to take advantage of any weakness of the system to get the most out of it, if we give away the cryptos In a Crypto party only, how can we ensure that the cryptos are not collected by only one person? How can we ensure that all funds are received by Venezuelans who are in need? a biometric system was taken that nothing else collects name and surnames to assure that the unscrupulous person takes advantage of for benefit, all the collected data are encrypted in such a way that the database only has access to the core team, Crypto parties can be made in the classes where people can choose which Crypto wants their 4usd is an idea that has been taken into account however if most of the liquidity is given by Dash, it will be delivered in Dash, thinking about how to increase the exposure of other Cryptos but we want that they avoid trying to use this as a means of publicity, that is why the separation of NGOs and business sectors within the branches of Crypto Cúcuta

This is the main problem of your campaign. You designed it as highly centralized, and you put yourself in the center of the world and as the person who deserves the ultimate trust. Thats why you will fail. Satoshi told us to built trustless systems, and you reverse this fundamental ethic. Why someone trust you of not selling the fingerprint database?

Please answer to the questions:

As you wish.

I've been to Cucuta and I have a full time employee working there so if there are any questions about what's going on lets refer to the experts.

The refugees that are fleeing Venezuela are victims of hyper inflation & a corrupt government. They are highly educated and up until a few years ago were some of the wealthiest people in South America. With inflation reaching 5900% and strict currency controls the government has robbed it's people. Now there is a growing community of refugees in the border town of Cucuta, Colombia that are trying to figure out how to restart their lives.

Because of the hyper inflation the minimum wage in Venezuela is $5 per month so a small donation of crypto could make a huge difference.

We will setup an class room on the border. As refugees come across the border they will have an option of attending a 1 hour class that goes over the basics of crypto. At the end they will be given a test, if they pass they will get $4 in crypto (paper wallet or android app) they can then keep or change that crypto into fiat at one of the many atm's we will have setup in the city.

The class room door will have a lock on it controlled by a finger print reader. People do not need to give us any other information. You can see how it works here

People will only be able to attend the class once. We need a system to ensure that one person can't take the class multiple times. Using a finger print without any other type of information provides us with this without compromising their identity and once the project is finished the database is deleted.

The data is stored in the cloud and we have contracted this company http://www.m2sys.com/ to keep it safe. If in the unlikely event the database gets hacked the data inside will be of very little value to anyone. It will contain a long number (not a scan of a persons finger print). The hacker would then need to completely reverse engineer a completely different system to sucessful recreate a finger print of one of our users.

Why should the Dash community care about these people or this projects?

Because they are the most under served and exploited. They are the ones that can benefit the most from the least amount of money. Here is a photo I took at an exchange office last week. They buy bsf at 0.002 and sell it at 0.008 - that's a 400% spread. When I change USD to Colombian pesos the spreads under 3%

31658004_10216770178917104_5013431856226369536_n.jpg

Last edited:
Crypto parties can be made in classes where people can choose which Crypto wants their 4usd is an idea that has been taken into account however if most of the liquidity is given Dash will be delivered in Dash

We are thinking about how to increase the exposure of other Cryptos but we want you to avoid trying to use this as a medium for advertising, that is why the separation of NGO and business sector within the branches of Crypto Cúcuta

I posted the video about digibyte and Cucuta 12 hours ago.

I see no Digibyte logo nor do I see the word Digibyte in the title of either of your last two videos that are publicly visible on your channel.

It's like I've been saying all along. You have to think of your value proposition to the cryptocurrency whose funding you want. You say Dash would get the same exposure as Digibyte but I can't find what exposure Digibyte is getting here.

This is a request for clarity as much as a constructive suggestion that you improve your value offering.

I see no Digibyte logo nor do I see the word Digibyte in the title of either of your last two videos that are publicly visible on your channel.

It's like I've been saying all along. You have to think of your value proposition to the cryptocurrency whose funding you want. You say Dash would get the same exposure as Digibyte but I can't find what exposure Digibyte is getting here.

This is a request for clarity as much as a constructive suggestion that you improve your value offering.

George your complaints thus far about branding seems strange. I haven't delivered the computers to the schools yet, I made a video yesterday talking about the progress it has 6,000 views and I explain how Digibyte funded this. It's at 2:36 in the video

I then found out that Digibyte isn't supported on the Jaxx wallet and asked them to fix it like they promised last year
https://twitter.com/DavidHayCrypto/status/990274831391379456

Others made their own
https://twitter.com/NigelDigiByte/status/990883431784615936

The video I made about Dash already has 33,000 views.

I am friends with other youtubes that have already offered to help, I speak at conferences across the US. What happens if the main stream media picks this up?

You can brand something by putting logos everywhere or you can do it be showing it's value. Like I said before I didn't ask anyone to put my stickers on the desk it's a 2 second shot in a 10 minute video. What I did spend a lot of time talking about was how we sent crypto to people that don't have a bank account then converted it into the local currency to buy school supplies.

That's the part I think people will remember.

Last edited:
It is impossible to cheat in a cryptoparty.

The individual who puts his wallet address into the ballot box in order to get paid, he should be tottaly ignorant if he is doing it without having full control of the corresponding private key. If we are talking about such ignorant people, these people can also be robbed immediatly after you give them the 4$ crypto equivalent, or be robbed in front of the atm.

Please don't give us broad answers. You asked me before not to answer questions like a politican so I went in to great details to explain each step. Please do the same for us because I don't understand how cryptoparty would allow us to achieve our goals.

Here's the problem.
-We have a class room that we want to use to on-board 1,000 people per day.
-People will be coming in through out the day, students will be finishing at different times to maximize efficiency and keep operating costs low.
-We want a system that will make fraud almost impossible
-We want a system that is cheap, fast and efficient. (If your model slows down the onboarding process by 10-20% that would cause a large increase in our operating costs.)

How do we use cryptoparty to accomplish this goal. Please help me understand by breaking it into steps so I can better understand. If it works better than our current solution I'm willing to look at it further.

Back