• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to buy darkcoin?

jagpalsingh

Hi guys

I am baffled on how to invest into these coins but after research reading through posts on forums darkcoin is the future.

I am confused on how to actually buy the coins. I am aware of the different platforms to purchase coins. I'm guessing BTC means bitcoin right? Do I have to buy bitcoins in order to buy darkcoins?

Can I not buy dark coins straight without BTC? I am looking to buy a couple and leave until early January 2015 to sell, unless the market changes dramatically.

I'm guessing BTC means bitcoin right?
Do I have to buy bitcoins in order to buy darkcoins?
Can I not buy dark coins straight without BTC? I
Welcome to the dark side!
Yes
Yes
No, btc/usd listed in a few places but there is no volume

Welcome to the dark side!
Yes
Yes
No, btc/usd listed in a few places but there is no volume

So if I was to just buy darkcoins from the marketplace by bank transfer they would be invalid??

Bitcoins going around £340 I'm late to the game they are pricey now but why does it have to bet bitcoin and then darkcoin?

How many darkcoins would 1 bitcoin give me and as you guys are more experienced when you reckon a good return would hit darkcoin. As recently it has slumped! Any other good coins to look out for too?

So if I was to just buy darkcoins from the marketplace by bank transfer they would be invalid??

Bitcoins going around £340 I'm late to the game they are pricey now but why does it have to bet bitcoin and then darkcoin?

How many darkcoins would 1 bitcoin give me and as you guys are more experienced when you reckon a good return would hit darkcoin. As recently it has slumped! Any other good coins to look out for too?
They would not be invalid if the seller sends them to you. The thing is you need to find a seller. When I was saying you need to buy BTC before I was talking about exchanges. If you buy from another person who owns DRK you can do it.

It is only BTC to DRK because nobody sells in another way. It doesn't have to be like that, but it is. Free market :)

DRK/BTC is around 0.0165 now, so 1 BTC would buy around 60 DRK, but that moves a lot. If anyone knew exactly when it goes up and down we would be filthy rich. BTW, you can buy fractions of BTC, you don't need to buy 1. Read, inform yourself and make your own decisions. I do believe in darkcoin and I have invested in it, but my criteria may not be yours!

Which
They would not be invalid if the seller sends them to you. The thing is you need to find a seller. When I was saying you need to buy BTC before I was talking about exchanges. If you buy from another person who owns DRK you can do it.

It is only BTC to DRK because nobody sells in another way. It doesn't have to be like that, but it is. Free market :)

DRK/BTC is around 0.0165 now, so 1 BTC would buy around 60 DRK, but that moves a lot. If anyone knew exactly when it goes up and down we would be filthy rich. BTW, you can buy fractions of BTC, you don't need to buy 1. Read, inform yourself and make your own decisions. I do believe in darkcoin and I have invested in it, but my criteria may not be yours!

Which platform you using to buy fractions of bitcoins?? The obvious 3 isn't allowing me to do that at all.

Also I would download both bit coin and darkcoin wallets right :). I have read up a lot but then most people get so technical with words that it just confuses the hell out of you.

Which platforms you recommend?

Which

Which platform you using to buy fractions of bitcoins?? The obvious 3 isn't allowing me to do that at all.

Also I would download both bit coin and darkcoin wallets right :). I have read up a lot but then most people get so technical with words that it just confuses the hell out of you.

Which platforms you recommend?

I don't know what you mean by platforms, EVERY BTC exchange allows to buy fractions. Which one to use depends on where you are. Try Kraken, Bitstamp, Coinbase. Once you have BTC, move it to an exchange where you can buy DRK with BTC (Cryptsy and Mintpal are the biggest ones). Once you have the DRK, send it to your wallet.

I don't know what you mean by platforms, EVERY BTC exchange allows to buy fractions. Which one to use depends on where you are. Try Kraken, Bitstamp, Coinbase. Once you have BTC, move it to an exchange where you can buy DRK with BTC (Cryptsy and Mintpal are the biggest ones). Once you have the DRK, send it to your wallet.

It wouldn't allow me to add a bank account details as it ask for US bank accounts only on coinbase and kraken. Are there any exchanges for UK users?

It wouldn't allow me to add a bank account details as it ask for US bank accounts only on coinbase and kraken. Are there any exchanges for UK users?
Kraken is in the UK. Bitstamp is in Slovenia. Both accept SEPA transfers. It only takes 1-2 days to get the funds credited there.

You can go from £ to DRK if you use ebay, but you will be paying a huge premium.

If you want to buy BTC fast (and without the whole photo id thing) you can try QuickBitcoin. I've used them before and found the service very good.
Once you have the BTC you can use Cryptsy or some other exchange to change it into DRK.

I am also in the UK and I buy BTC from Bittylicious.com (with direct bank transfer), then transfer it from my local wallet to Mintpal.com and buy DRK with it. You can buy fractions of BTC on BittyLicious - i've never had any problems with purchasing coins from them although the GBP/BTC rate can be higher than current marketprice as you are buying from sellers via the site and the coins are offered at the rate they are willing to sell at. Hope this helps....

Jas, give me a private message mate, I'll explain this Singh to Singh :)

I'm from the UK too, I bought a few BTC from Bittylicious and then started trading.

You can buy DRK using weselldark.com. They take paypal. But the fees are high and the limit is $25 a day. Slowly but surely build your holdings. Now is the time to buy.

Back