• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How profitable is mining currently?

MaxFangX

Foundation Member
I've been using coinwarz com to track profitability, and recently, Darkcoin has been showing up as losing money. In the past few months I've watched profitability go lower and lower, and now it is at abysmal rates. I'm confused because everyone around here hasn't really been mentioning anything about it. So is the website I am using completely wrong, or does it actually cost money to mine now? The parameters I've been using are 12000kh/s 500W and $.09 /KWh

Well in latest days, Darkcoin price has dropped and difficulty has increased, so it's most likely that for now it's not profitable

If diff increases but the price dropps you should look out for a multipool that pays out darkcoin, for example xpool.ca

The low prices makes that pretty profitable.

Mining profitability has been so bad lately I've decided to convert half my farm to Masternodes whilst prices are so cheap.

Hi everyone,
I just want to popup this thread.
How all those miners do survive ? I managed to make my own p2pool with several workers, those do ~15-20MH/s (depends on DOA significantly). And after a week of mining, I can't see how it can be profitable. The electricity bill should strike me down this month. Shouldn't be the whole mining thing considered as PoS as well in this case ? I can't see how someone wish to pay money out of his own pocket just for fun. It has to be either real trust in DASH or an oblivious foolishness, that makes people mining DASH.

So ... In DASH we trust ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back