• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

hide masternode IP

theatab

Is there a way or a future plan to hide/mask masternode's IP?
Real IP is a risk and a vulnerability for any coin out there :)

The core team denies to hide the masternodes IP, because this is what the spies and the agents command them to do.

Yes of course. In order to have a truly secure and independant transport layer, you shouldnt rely at the state's backbone. You should use your own private backbones implemented (at least in the urban areas) with optical wireless mesh networks. In that case you really need a lot of nodes! 4000 nodes are not enough even for a single (big) town.

But of course Dash is designed to be a state dependant currency and to be easily banned by the state in case of emergency, because those were the imposed requirements. Dash may be temporarily used as a Troyan horse in order to attack foreign countries economies, but it shouldnt hurt the monetary system of the primary state which controls Dash. This is the underlying reason why the maximum number of the masternodes has been set to 10000 static IPs. Everything should be under control, and in case of emergency the total ban of the Dash network should be three clicks away.

what? i don't understand.
even bitcoin has the option to hide the node's ip through tor.
Dash is ruled by agents, so this is not an option.
The core team is under hard presure.
Dash is tolerated by the state, it is one of the very few cryptos that fully complies to aml/kyc and this is Dash's big advantage (and disadvantage)
The advantage is that the spies and agents are massively buying dash (state's money is infinite), and the price of dash increases.
The increase of Dash's price attracts the stupids, and this is how Dash inflates.

If you want a dash clone which supports tor, try PIVX

Last edited:
thanks for info.
but i think your are trolling me :p
I am the only one who is not trolling in this forum.
I am the only one here is this forum who is telling the truth.
Search by yourself, and if you discover a single word of mine which is not true, come here and tell me.

Last edited:

You mean a risk for the masternode owner. They coin (currency) will be fine. That's the point in decentralization.

Back