• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Help! Ninja shows inactive but Dashman shows active

Hi,

As the title suggests, my masternode has been showing an inactive status on Ninja as well as in my Dash wallet for almost a week now. However, when I check the status on Dashman, it shows the masternode status as "Enabled" and the selection counting down (with a "selection pending" status). It has been 9 days since my last payment and it feels like the counting down is going extremely slow. It's gone from 35 to 11 in 4 days and is going slower as it gets closer to 1.

What do you guys think I should do?

Do you guys recommend I still wait or restart my node?

Last edited:
What is shown on "Masternide status extended" on dashninja? If you see "NEW_START_REQUIRED" then you should run command "masternode start-missing" from wallet with collateral. I don't think you need to restart node.

It does show "New Start Required". If I do start missing from my wallet, this will reset my place in the payment cue which I'm trying to avoid. My dashman status still shows the Masternode as Enabled and is counting down to payment. I'm currently at 8/4579.

Can someone explain this discrepancy and what to do?? Why does Dashman show the status as Enabled and visible to Local and Ninja and the actual Ninja site is showing at as inactive and New Start Required ??

I went ahead and restarted the MN from the wallet and I got reset back all the way to the beginning of the payment cue. Quite pissed about this.

Dash Ninja has been having database problems recently, that could be the cause of seeing an incorrect status there. Sorry about the issues. A good way to check the status of your masternode is by grepping the masternode list output.

It's already too late. I typed the "masternode start missing" command thinking that it would just make my node reappear on ninja but it actually sent it back to the beginning of the cue which is a piss off because I lost out on 1.5 cycles (my place was indicated as 4/4500 to get paid when I did this and I didn't get paid in 11 days at that point). I don't know what would've happened had I waited since according to ninja I was showing the extended status as "inactive", but according to dashman, the masternode state was "enabled" and it was counting down (although very slowly). Is there someone I can escalate this technical discrepancy too- as I think it might highlight a serious issue.

Elberethzone runs Dashninja and is aware of the problem and working hard to fix it... It was a problem with the database crashing I believe, so a lot of displayed data needed to be resynchronised. Feel free to PM me your MN address and I'll have a look at your status as it appears to me, I'm also available on Discord :)

Sending a start masternode command will ALWAYS put it to the back of the list - I've done it before as well, it should always be a last resort!

Sending a start masternode command will ALWAYS put it to the back of the list - I've done it before as well, it should always be a last resort!
Just checked the code - there are difference between "start" commands.
"start-missing" and "start-disabled" will not reset position of healthy MN (MN broadcast message will not be sent). Link
"start-all" and "start-alias" will always reset position.

I appreciate the help guys, but its already too late since the start command reset my node and I lost out on 1.5 cycles thanks to this flawed proposal. On another note, we can't allow a comma to bring the whole network down and this is something that I hope the Dash devs are looking to prevent.

Back