• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HELP ! A transaction seems stuck, how to re-broadcast?

yidakee

Foundation Member
I'm sitting there looking at 0 confirms and getting really pissed.
How does one re-broadcast a transaction?

Following a bitcoin tutorial, I opened the QT console and type "getrawtransaction tx_id_string" - got a huge HEX output, copied, and type

sendrawtransaction HEX_output
and the console sent this back

ZSuUOFg.png

Dont know if it worked or not... dont like the looks of red and the (code -1)

If it did not return a transaction id then it never broadcast.

It seems it really was just a bad case of hogged network and panic selling. After about 1:30mins I got 3 instant confirms, and has gone through. But in any case Propulsion, if you could take the time to explain better...?

I had send not 5 mins before, and went through like normal. Send second transaction and it just sat there. I did pay a fee. I did have a txid, but it did not show up at all on the official explorer and chianz's explorer during all this time. How can this be?

So I thought maybe txid is not a "receipt" form the blockchain, but maybe just a hashing function, so I googled how to re-broadcast a tx with bitcoin and followed the procedures

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes time to broadcast a transaction sometimes. The reason it failed with the raw transaction was because it sounds like you already sent it in the client so it was already in the memory pool. You were trying to perform a double send.

Back