• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hashing Speeds

Tuppydog Miner Rig #3
GPU0,1,3 = R9 280x
GPU2 = 7970 Sapphire AMD (1000 CPU core speed)
You are 1 megahash more than me on your R9 280X, I bought the crabby XFX version which I highly do NOT recommend, slower(little OC), runs hot and it will not let you adjust the core voltages, (they took the voltage regulator off the board for god sakes, there is a gaping gap so no BIOS upgrade works)

Yes Sub, I will look for deals on ebay for used R9 280x Amd sapphires. I just bought one for 200 dollars, they are not cheap. I've seen them used now for 350-400 dollars. Right now, all the Gpus are getting harder to fine due to the resurgence of GPU mining and low supply...Amazon is a great place to find good quality used GPUs also, talk soon...!!!

Another thing to add to this conversation is that I have found by buying used 7970 Sapphire (1000 MHz Core) AMD GPUs are one of the best bangs for the buck, and they last forever. You can pick them up for around $160 dollars (used and sometimes new), but I find they are hassle free they are a great starter card for anyone thinking of getting into mining. I use AMD driver amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit. They are not as good as the R9 series (which are very expensive right now and hard to fine good used cheap ones), but if you want to build an economical miner, I can list all the parts out. I have a video I am working on at the present time on how to put a system together (not using the btc h81 board though Sub lol) if anyone is interested. Maybe I will put it up on dailymotion if I can find some time here this weekend....Tup
s-l1600.jpg

Tuppyminer Rig #2
GPU0 - 7970 - 950 Core Clock AMD
GPU1, 2 - R9 280x AMD
Sgminer 5.1.1 - seems maybe a little buggy, can't explain it, but I've checked the program out by using CGwatcher on 6 machines, and did not notice any diverted weird pools like in some of the other Sgminers (4.2) I think with gringo with wolf0 bins. (although that sgminer is good if you use CGwatcher with it, and cancel out the bad pool). The new one seems safe, and way faster, just my 2dash :)

not seeing any difference using sgminer 5.1 or 5.1.1 does it only optimize certain cards? I have 270x hash @ 3.888 using both versions AMd 15.201 drivers

not seeing any difference using sgminer 5.1 or 5.1.1 does it only optimize certain cards? I have 270x hash @ 3.888 using both versions AMd 15.201 drivers
Have you tried both the Pitcairn and the Tahiti versions? Make sure to rename and delete properly, they should give different speeds ?

I remember I had some trouble to with renaming the files. You may want to be sure you do as Sub above me said. It took a few install for me to get this to work....

I didn't realize you had a X79 (ASUS?) board. That was the first MOBO I used for mining, that is a very good board (and very expensive) I bought one on ebay (but with a i7 included). I can only get 4 gpus to work on it, I can't get 5 for some reason?? Is there a trick to or jumper for that?....

Well it is winter! use a big case with loads of fans drilled into the cases, I can undervolt the R9 290 triX to -37 millivolts before it crashes as long as I don't open any more windows, the X79 mobo is stressed-something is overheating but it just does 2 cards.

Have you tried both the Pitcairn and the Tahiti versions? Make sure to rename and delete properly, they should give different speeds ?

what settings are people using with AMD cards? I did rename the bin file for pitcairn. seems i get the same speeds as 5.1.0 with R9 270x

here is the settings i used, any tips?

sgminer.exe -I 19 -w 64 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 12192 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 950

Try this:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mine.xpool.ca:3000",
"user" : "Xxxxxxxxxxxxx",
"pass" : "x"
}
]

"xintensity" : "1000",
"shaders" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"nfactor" : "10",
"device" : "0,1,2",
"vector" : "1",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"no-extranonce" : true,
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "1"

}

then turn into a .conf file call it "sgminer" and try that (change device to however many gpus you have).....

what settings are people using with AMD cards? I did rename the bin file for pitcairn. seems i get the same speeds as 5.1.0 with R9 270x

here is the settings i used, any tips?

sgminer.exe -I 19 -w 64 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 12192 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 950

"xintensity" : "1000",
"shaders" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"nfactor" : "10",
"device" : "0,1,2",
"vector" : "1",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"no-extranonce" : true,
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "1"

}

then turn into a .conf file call it "sgminer" and try that (change device to however many gpus you have).....

Hmm actually slower now 3.666Mhs per R9 270x

why does everyone recommend xintensity now?

I did play around with xintensity, you may want to vary that lower. Or, put in the normal "Intensity" : "18" I'm not sure, those are some things you can try...

Back